Other Kitchen Ranges:
Freestanding Ranges, Gas Ranges
Kenmore
Kenmore Freestanding Gas Range

Kenmore Freestanding Gas Range

Kenmore range really heats up!

from New Iberia, LA

Comments about Kenmore Freestanding Gas Range:

This range has 5 burners and all 5 have different btu outputs so it takes a little getting used to. My last stove did not have a power burner so it took a while to get something really going and I rarely had to worry about something burning if I turned my back for a few seconds, but this stove really does heat up fast and will overcook something in a heartbeat if you're not careful. It comes in handy when you need to get a pot of water boiling quickly or when you want to sear meat or stir-fry something, though. I also like the simmer burner for cooking rice. I can put it on and it cooks long and slow without scorching on the bottom. Having a warming tray is a nice feature, too. Good as a dehydrator as well as a warming tray. My biggest complaint is that the knobs for the cooktop get very hot when the oven is in use.

Wow, this is a great Kenmore gas range!

from Wichita, KS

Comments about Kenmore Freestanding Gas Range:

To start, I have to admit that part of my positive reaction to this Kenmore range has to do with the fact that it is the first gas range I've had in years--man, does it beat the pants off my old electric!  Nevertheless, this still seems to be an extraordinary product.  It's very handsome, with swaths of stainless steel offsetting an unobtrusive black top.  The heavy steel grates are both very attractive and immensively practical, allowing any cooking vessels to extend past it's burner without tipping, or sliding of vessels as it essentially forms a continuous grate.  I especially like to elongated center burner, ideal in size and shape for a griddle or oval dutch oven.  The lower left "power burner" more than lives up to it's name, producing a red-hot wok and quickly boiling 6 or 7 gallons of liquid (I'm a home brewer).  The oven is also very nice, heating quickly and to an accurate temperature, and having a convection fan that produces great bread, pastries, and pizza.  This is a very solid product at a good price (it has similar features and construction to the Kenmore Elite ranges, at a much lower price).