3.5
Johnson & Johnson Neutrogena T/Sal Therapeutic Shampoo Scalp Build Up Control

Johnson & Johnson Neutrogena T/Sal Therapeutic Shampoo Scalp Build Up Control

3.5

T/Sal is the best!

Comments about Johnson & Johnson Neutrogena T/Sal Therapeutic Shampoo Scalp Build Up Control:

My doctor recommended I try using a dandruff shampoo on my my face to treat dermatitis. I tried T/Gel first and it worked good. But, T/Sal works a lot better. I started using it as a body wash and it's great for treating my acne and dry/sensitive skin issues on my back and legs. My doctor told me to lather it up and leave it on for as long as I can (he said 10min - which seems like forever when it's on my face). But, the doc was right - it's amazing!

Works better than other products

I have minor dandruff and scalp buildup problems, primarily concentrated around my hairline. I tried Head and Shoulders (does absolutely nothing for me) and Selsun Blue (stings a little, also does nothing). I wasn't interested in trying tar treatments, so when I found Neutrogena's T/Sal, I figured I'd give it a shot. It's definitely not a magic treatment, but it's kept my dandruff at bay for the past year or so. I used it every day or every other day initially but eventually scaled back to about once a week. I still get dandruff and buildup from time to time, but I can get it under control pretty quickly with this, and it's a lot better than digging through my pantry looking for home scalp exfoliator ingredients.

Not perfect and probably not effective for serious cases, but good for minor scalp problems.

Not really scented, which I prefer.

doesn't do enough for scalp build-up to justify the price

from Birmingham, AL

I bought this shampoo a couple months ago for my husband, who has some problems with dandruff, but his main issue is that his scalp gets really dry when it starts getting colder and he has tons of dead skin building up and flaking off constantly. He'd been using the Neutrogena T-Gel anti-dandruff shampoo, and it wasn't helping a ton, so I figured this might work better since it wasn't just for dandruff. However, it hasn't fixed his problem either. He's used it pretty much every other day for a couple months (alternating with his regular shampoo, as suggested on the T-Sal bottle), but he still has tons of dead skin flaking off. When he first started using it, he noticed right away that it loosened up the dead skin really well (so he had TONS of flaking going on and looked awful for a few days), but since then it hasn't done much. Maybe better than regular shampoo, but not good enough to be worth the price tag.

T/Sal worked to clean hair but was not very Therapeutic.

from Burnsville, MN

**Johnson & Johnson Neutrogena T/Sal Therapeutic Shampoo Scalp Build up Control 4.5 fl oz did not live up to my expectations.  I bought this shampoo because I had really really dry and flaky scalp.  Not just dandruff but scaly yellow scabby scalp on the back of my head.  I figured it was a combination of dry scalp and buildup from shampoo and conditioner.  I used this shampoo about 3 times a week until it was gone.  It did not help much at all with the flaky scaley skin on my head.  It worked ok as a shampoo.  I mean I really think all shampoos are the same.  I really wish this would have worked as labeled.  My current condtion may be worse than others, so my review of this product may not be the same as the next persons.  I lathered the shampoo into my hair and scalp.  I would leave it on for 3-5 minutes like the directions said.  Then I would thoroughly rinse.  While my hair WAS clean, I did not see any therapuetic results. **