Other E-commerce Websites:

J.Crew | JCrew.com

Pros

Cons

• Shipping and Returns:

J.Crew is classic and fabulous!

J.Crew is timeless style. You can buy pieces from J.Crew one year and still wear them 4 years later. This because they offer outstanding style, quality, and design. With money being tight these days, we can't all just go into the store and pay $200.00 for a blazer! As a bargian shopper, I have found that J.Crew offers some of the best deals. I NEVER buy anything when it first comes out because **IT WILL GO ON SALE**. When you go into any retail store and they are displaying their full price items, just walk away, because in about 2-3 weeks those items will be on sale! J.Crew makes drastic markdowns. This is why I love this company so much. A cute knit top will be maybe $45-50 and then 2 weeks later it's marked down to $19.99 and a lot of times the retail stores will be offering an additional percentage off, or if you join their email list they almost always send out little extra percentages off sale. Not only that, but if you are student or a teacher you can get 15% off of all full price items. It's nice to know that they are making effort. And most importantly...the clothes! The clothes at J.Crew are versatile. It seems that every shirt/skirt/pant I buy from there can be worn 10,000 different ways. Dressed up, dressed down, casual, whatever I want it to be. I personally feel that is so important in todays sociecty...we need to stretch our pennies as far as we can! Of course now J.Crew is geared more towards smaller framed and narrow footed women. If you are ever in the store and want a larger size in something, there is a good chance that they can order that size for you. Some of their items go up to a size 16.

Beautiful, but expensive.

I am a huge fan of J.Crew clothing. I think it is beautiful and typically very nicely made. The style is great, trendy, modern and slightly conservative at the same time. It's hard being a mid-30s mother of two and knowing how to find the right style of clothes, but I can usually always find something that makes me feel good at J.Crew.com

That being said, J. Crew.com is just SO expensive. I wish I could afford everything that they sell, but sadly I cannot.

They do often offer coupon codes and have sales, but even with the sales, it is still very overpriced in my opinion.

The website is fun to look at though, and easy to navigate. Everything is neatly organized and labeled with nice pictures and easy to find pricing.

J.Crew.com offers $5 flat rate shipping on orders under $150, and then shipping is free over $150.

I also find that sizes run quite large here. I have ordered a few things from J.Crew.com that I ended up having to return/send back because although I ordered my normal size, I ended up with something way too huge.

I tend to choose J.Crew Factory vs. J.Crew just because I can usually find clothing that is just as nice/cute for a fraction of the cost.

Overall, I do love J.crew.com, but can only usually afford it for special occasion items.

Beautiful, but expensive.

from MI

Classic

from New York, NY

Verified Reviewer

Comments about J.Crew | JCrew.com:

I LOVE J.crew and Jcrew.com. I think that the clothing is casual chic. The clothing might not always be trendy, but it is classic and will last through time. I do think that it can sometimes be overpriced. Who pays $90 for a t-shirt? But if you wait it out, it will inevitably go on sale. I don't just shop the sale section, I then wait for there to be a 25%, 30% or 40% off sale and combine them. I also think that the website is easy to navigate, although it might not be obvious at first. Once in sale, you can go to women, and then further narrow your search by clicking a link at the top. The one thing I wish is that you could click more than one field at a time as some websites will allow you to do. Also, I do feel that sometimes there is so much its almost overwhelming to look at it all. Shipping is free over $150 which is a little steep, but returns are free and I usually order multiple sizes and then return what doesn't fit (because sizing can be inconsistent with J.crew). Overall, I love the clothes. I love the customer service. I love the people in the store. And I love the compliments I get when I am wearing J.crew clothing.

Very expensive, Cheaper price elsewhere!

Comments about J.Crew | JCrew.com:

I am giving them an 8 because I have found some great items there for a really great price. I have found when shopping jcrew.com, you really have to watch for the sales and promotions because they don't come very often. I love the site because they do carry and wide variety of different styles suitable for anyone in the family. I have noticed the kids clothing are much more expensive than I would want to pay for growing kids.

Easy site to navigate, I have not experienced any issues with the site, other than shock over the prices of some of the items they sell.

Product Selection
They carry everything is an array of styles and colors, and from various designs.

Product Pricing
Very expensive for some of the items they carry.

Customer Service
The offer and great customer service department. I appreciate that, especially if I am spending a ton of money on the site.

Shipping and Returns
The do offer great shipping and returns. Sometimes depending on how much you spend, the shipping is free.

Love J. Crew

from Wisconsin

Comments about J.Crew | JCrew.com:

J. Crew is in the top 5 of my favorite clothing companies. Their clothes are made so well and look beautiful. They can get very pricey, though. I like how they've been developing their tall line so much, but to order a pair of jeans for my daughter is so unbelievably high. I ordered a blazer last year that is probably one of my favorites, and I can tell it is going to wear for a long time. I paid a lot, but I'm more for quality that I am quantity, so it was worth it. When ordering from J. Crew, they do the same as a couple of other websites that I like by giving you more than one view of an item. You can really see what something looks like before ordering it. They usually have a good variety of colors to choose from, too. I like their uncluttered set up. It's easy to navigate and not feel distracted by a hundred other items when perusing through the site. Everything is laid out nicely and easy to read. It makes you feel like you're shopping at a high-end store when it's set up like this.

Average site

from Utah

Comments about J.Crew | JCrew.com:

I was not originally a huge fan of J. Crew, but as I began to use their site, my interest grew. However, it is still an average clothes site that does not have a whole lot that separates it from other similar stores (Old Navy, Forever 21, etc). As a result, I only shop here occasionally (such as when I have a gift card) instead of all the time.

The site is easy to navigate around, and I have been able to find the types of clothes that I am looking for very easily. The shopping cart is easy to manage (and save things for later), and the checkout process is smooth and simple.

Shipping and Returns
We have enjoyed the free shipping on baby orders for baby clothes, and we have also had the opportunity to take advantage of $5 flat rate shipping. However, it would be nice if you didn't need to spend $150 at once before receiving free shipping on any order. Most sites are somewhere between $50 and $100, and I would be more inclined to shop here more often if they had a better shipping deal.

Fashionable Clothes

Comments about J.Crew | JCrew.com:

J.Crew has a very tasteful and fashionable style that is classic and timeless. The website offers everything you can find in the store with usually more options for sizing. I love how they will pair pieces together to show you what will look good and what is new for the season. The pricing has gone up over the past few years but if you pay attention to the emails, the clothes will always go on sale. The store normally has better sale prices, however, online will usually have more options and sizes. J.Crew sizing can be a bit different from other major stores so it is better to actually go to the store and try on some clothes before making big commitments online to purchase clothes.

The website is well organized and their look books provide great fashion inspiration.

Customer Service
I have only had wonderful experiences with their customer service. If something isn't right they will fix it right away to give you a pleasant experience.

• Shipping and Returns:

Classic Styles that last for years!

Comments about J.Crew | JCrew.com:

I love almost everything at JCrew and Jcrew.com. Their clothing is very high quality and will seriously last a life time. I have some pieces from high school that are still in great condition and honestly still in style today. Their clothing is very classic and timeless with pops of different trends that are current. I love pretty much everything they make but unfortunately their clothing runs large so I cannot fit into everything.

The website is very easy to use and navigate. Everything is categorized well so it is easy to find what you are looking for.

Product Selection
Jcrew.com offers everything retail locations offer plus more. Online they have specialty shops which even include Wedding and bridesmaid dresses.

Product Pricing
Jcrew is not a cheap store. Their clothing is never inexpensive or cheaply made. You are paying for high quality clothing that will really last.

Customer Service
Customer service is great in store and online.

Shipping and Returns
Returns are simple and easy and shipping is fast.

• Shipping and Returns:

A little pricey, but quality

from Westchester, IL

Comments about J.Crew | JCrew.com:

I have only shopped on Jcrew.com twice in my life and I was pleasantly surprised by the clothes on the site. They offer a huge selection of apparel for the casual weekend look. They carry a variety of jeans, chinos, sweatpants, and shirts in every color imaginable. The clothes can be quite pricey, but the quality is above average. One thing I noticed about Jcrew.com is that the people modeling the clothes aren't a proper representation of how the clothes will look on a given individual. The clothes typically look a little snug on the models, but that isn't the case. Most clothes will fit just about the same as similar brands on the market. Jcrew.com offers free shipping on orders over $150, but they also offer $5 flat rate shipping on all orders under $150. The $5 economy shipping takes too long for my liking, so I chose the standard shipping option for $8 and received my order in 3 business days. I would definitely recommend Jcrew.com.

Cute Preppy Style

Comments about J.Crew | JCrew.com:

Jcrew.com has a great selections of clothing, with sweaters in basically any color you could want. It's convenient that you can visit Jcrew.com to find exactly the piece of clothing, jewelry, or shoes you're looking for.

Even though I love Jcrew.com, I think it's a little bit expensive. Some of the items I bought over the years did not hold up as well as they should have for the price I paid. The JCrew.com website often has more sales than the store offers. They also have a wider range of sizes on the website which makes it easier to find exactly what you're looking for.

JCrew.com set up in a way that's very easy to navigate because you can search by size or style. The items normally ship quickly, and I have never had a problem with getting the correct item I ordered.

Some of my favorite purchases were made on jcrew.com but only for sale items. I purchased a dress a few years ago that was originally about $100, but with the online sales, I got it for around $14! The dress came very quickly, which was exactly what I needed since the dress was for a vacation. That is just one of the many great deals at jcrew.com. The item shipped to me quickly, and it arrived exactly as it was described in jcrew.com.

Great quality clothes at good prices.

Comments about J.Crew | JCrew.com:

I buy all my Christmas gifts for my brother at J.Crew.com. The website also has an outlet store which offers the most amazing prices! They have shirts as cheap as $6! They offer amazing discounts. What's even better about J.Crew is the quality. They make their clothes extremely well and they last forever before they start looking old. The socks I recently ordered from JCrew.com came in 3 business days, which was awesome! There's nothing better than buying online and receiving your item in record time!