3.7
Iams
Iams Weight Control Adult Dry Cat Food

Iams Weight Control Adult Dry Cat Food

3.7

My cat has stopped gaining weight.

I have been using Iam's weight control cat food for the last six months for my two year-old cat. I only feed her a quarter cup in the morning and a quarter cup at night. My cat has stopped gaining weight but has certainly not lost any even though I am giving less than the recommended amount. I'm sure the fact that she's an indoor cat doen't help out. The fact that my cat is no longer gaining weight is a good thing, and believe the formula works.  I also had another cat that recently passed, but this was the only dry food she would even go near, so I think it is good for finicky cats too. I would recommend this to others who have cats with weight control issues.

Cats like it but have not lost weight

I have a 18 lb gray cat named Baxter and a 12 lb orange cat named Truman (both male).  They both seem to like this food but unfortunately they have not lost any weight. Our vet recommended that we use the prescription science diet cat food for weight loss but that was just too expensive so we switched to this cat food. (I couldn't tell that my cats lost weight on the scient diet either.)

Baxter is really the cat that needs to lose weight the most but so far no luck. The problem with having two cats is one will often eat part of the other's food so even if you do follow the recommended feeding instructions, one cat gets more food than he should. I really don't have a practical solution for this problem so maybe it is this and not the cat food.

I think of Iams as a good brand but it is expensive. On the bright side you can often find coupons for Iams food in the paper. We don't plan to change cat food anytime soon because even though it is expensive my cats have not gained any new weight either.

Like their owners, cats need exercise and watch their diets

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Iams Weight Control Adult Dry Cat Food:

As my cat began to age, I noted he was gaining a little weight. I switched him to Iams "Tuna flavor" for adult cats. Within a few weeks he had lost a couple of pounds and to my delight his fur seemed to be going back to that shinny look of when he was a young cat. Overall Iams for older cats is a ten at our house.

Quality of Ingredients
When it comes to quality, we give Iams high marks. Our picky cat eats this brand of food, he has dropped a couple of pounds he is more playful, and reminds us of when he was younger. Protein is important to cats and The protein amount listed on the label of Iams shows that Iams is a good product for him.What it comes down to is, "if he likes it, and it's good for him, that makes it a bargain in our book."

Flavor Selection
Iams offers all of cats favorite foods and anyone you select will be nutritionally good but if your cat loves tuna be sure to try it. Herbie, our cat gives flavor a ten and at our house if Herbie gives it his okay, it got to be good.We judge it a little differently.. We look for a nutritionally good product, smell is acceptable, the cost is reasonable and of course the most important factor, Herbie likes it.
reasonable in cost, offers good nutrition for a pet, doesn't have that strong cat food

• Quality of Ingredients:
  • Flavor Selection:

Is starvation a form of weight control?

Comments about Iams Weight Control Adult Dry Cat Food:

Cats should not be eating food where the top-listed ingredients are by-products and corn products. That's junk! Would you feed your kids McDonalds food 3 times a day? Then don't feed this to your cat. If a named meat (or meat meal) is not in the top slot of the ingredients list, avoid it an move onto something else. My cat was always crying for more because this wasn't providing the nutrition he needed.

Quality of Ingredients
Cruelty in a bowl,

Flavor Selection
I fed this to my cat before I knew any better.

• Quality of Ingredients:
  • Flavor Selection:

hefty price tag for a food filled with cheap fillers

from Temple City, CA

Comments about Iams Weight Control Adult Dry Cat Food:

Again a pricey catfood filled with cheap fillers. Cats are carnivores and should not be eating cornmeal,corn, gluten soy and the list goes on. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that a cat's life span will be shortened if we continue to feed them food made with al these fillers. And another thing about Iams is that Procter and Gamble are the new owners of this company and they have changed the formula to make it even worse than it was before.Do the research people if you love your cat like I do go to Cat Food Ratings .com. and see for yourself how this food rates. I Use and reccomend Wellness canned and Innova Evo as well as weruva. My cats have all lived to be in their 20's on these grain-free low carb high protein diets. Read labels before you buy just like you would for yourself.

Weight control definitely did the job.

from Northfield, MN

Comments about Iams Weight Control Adult Dry Cat Food:

We used this to maintain weight for one of our overweight cats, and it worked very well. It is a better quality food that still has a reasonable price, and comes in a lot of different varieties.

While it did work very well for one of our cats, there were allergy problems for another. The other cat had a lot of hairball issues and other food-related problems, and so this food did not solve all of her problems.

At the same time, there was no problem getting the other cats to eat it, which means that we used it for a time with all of our cats to make things easier, and it had no real ill effects (all of the cats were past kitten age).

Over all, effective and worth the price. I plan to use this again in the future.

The one and only for my babies

from Redondo Beach, CA

Comments about Iams Weight Control Adult Dry Cat Food:

I have three cats, each one just as finicky as the other. All three of them love Iams Weight Control. One of my babies has a sensitive stomach and another will ONLY eat this dry cat food (no tuna, no "treats" of any kind), this food works beautifully for both of them.

Iams changed my cats life

from Cumberland, RI

Comments about Iams Weight Control Adult Dry Cat Food:

I have 2 verry picky cats. One's name is rozie and she was 8 pounds over weight. She was so fat, she actually had troubble jumping on my bed lol. anwase i started to feed her this to help her loose weight along with some play time and in 3 months she lost 4 pounds. she is still on her diet. She normally would not touch anything but pro plan cat food but now she loves this one and wont touch the other one. i am extremely satisfied with this product.

IAMS cat food is a great product

from Western Grove, AR

Comments about Iams Weight Control Adult Dry Cat Food:

I have purchased and used the IAMS weight control cat food for some time now and I have been very satisfied with this product. I first started using the weight control cat food because when I brought my adult cat to the veternarians office I was told that my cat was over weight and of course that is not good. My cat is an indoor cat so he is not very active alittle but not as much as an outside cat I am sure. Since my cat had the extra weight on him he was not able to groom himself properly and of course it is not good for my cats over all health. My veternarian recommended the IAMS weight control cat food and said that it should help out and of course I needed to also be aware of how much I was pouring in his food bowl. So I purchased the IAMS weight control cat food and I started to pay attention to how much food I was pouring into his food dish and I wnet by the recommended amount of food that I should be feeding an adult cat and sure enough I did see results. The next year when I brought my cat to the veternarians office he was a normal weight and was healthy and doing great.

IAMS Weight Control -a cat favorite

from Appleton, WI

Comments about Iams Weight Control Adult Dry Cat Food:

I have three female cats between the ages of 2 and 8. Because they are indoors in the winter and do not engage in a lot of extra curricular activities, I felt that they needed a food that would promote a healthy weight. My youngest cat was always a little chubby, but recently she seems to have lost some weight. I'm hoping it's because of the food and not that one of the other cats is eating her portion. I doubt that one of the other cats is eating hers because the food is available 24/7, and there is always food left in the dishes the next day. The cat that has always been skinny has now gained some weight. Perhaps this is because it is winter and there are no birds to watch to keep her interested during the day. Sleeping is her primary activity. I guess what I am trying to say is that this food is acceptable as a weight control product, but cats also need exercise to retain a healthy weight. When spring comes, and they can be entertained and get outside for a little while each day, they will all be svelte again. They like the food and have no digestive problems.

My cats LOVE Iams and stay full longer

from Wheeler, TX

Comments about Iams Weight Control Adult Dry Cat Food:

I used to be a Meow Mix fan. My cats seemed to like it, and it was fairly cheap. After doing some research, I found that cats were healthier when eating Iams. I had never considered Iams because of the price. I found a coupon and bought a small bag of Iams. Sure enough, my cats LOVED it!! I also immediately could tell that they were eating less food. I believe it's because they were staying full longer on Iams. Meow Mix is said to have many carbs, which doesn't "stick with" a cat very long. Since they were eating less and staying full longer, they were also using the litter box less! That's a huge plus for me! I don't have to clean the litter box as often AND I don't have to spend as much on litter, either. The money saved on litter, balances out the extra spent on cat food in comparison to Meow Mix. I've also noticed that my cats don't shed as much now that they're eating Iams. We're definitely Iams fans now!!!

Iams Weight Control, Easy to Inhale

from Colchester, CT

Comments about Iams Weight Control Adult Dry Cat Food:

I switched to this from one of the more expensive brands a few months back in an attempt to save money and am already looking for another brand. My biggest issue is that the kibble in no way encourages chewing. It's small, uniform, and can be swallowed whole. My girl loves to eat and it shows, because of that she must be on measured feedings twice a day so when she has food she gets excited. A larger kibble would not only improve oral health but would also prevent her from getting sick after she tries to eat too quickly. Even the supercheap brands and regular formula Iams feature shapes that must be chewed.

Aside from that, it is one of the better midrange brands I have found. The transition from a premium brand went well as far as the litterbox was concerned and obviously the taste is not a problem for my cat. More protein and a higher moisture content would of course be better but the food is affordable and available at most stores.