Other E-commerce Websites:

Hot Topic | HotTopic.com

Pros

Cons

• Shipping and Returns:

For most entertainment Topics, you'll find Hot merchandise here!

***The Case***

***The Case***

I'm a big fan of Hot Topic. To be totally honest, this chain of stores strikes me as a little cliche - in a punk, misunderstood, on the fringe, teen hot spot kind of way - but I can't help hitting Hot Topic whenever I get the chance.

I've got a Hot Topic location about 20 minutes from me, but due to a stocking mishap, I had to use the online store recently for a particular purchase. I was a little apprehensive, but from start to finish, the experience was easy and hassle-free!

***The Good***

Hot Topic is just fun. Everything you'll find is entertainment-related and created for fans. If you've got a burning desire to display some iconic pop culture paraphernalia, then this is the place to find it. Where else can you get a Transformers sweatshirt, a Harry Potter messenger bag, a couple of musical group promo tees, some Star Wars bumper stickers, and a smattering of classic movie posters all in the same spot? That's what you'll find at Hot Topic, along with a whole lot of other quirky merchandise.

And the online store has all of that, too. Plus, it's efficient. I picked my products, I paid, I waited four days, and I had my box of goodies on the doorstep. Nice. But wait - it gets even better. When I tried on my new sweatshirt, I realized it didn't fit correctly. Not wanting to shell out the bucks for return shipping, I took it to the store near my house. They didn't have it in stock, but the manager offered to order it through the store so that I wouldn't have to hassle with anything on my end. A week later, I got a call from her that the sweatshirt was in. I drove over and was out of there in two minutes, the correct-sized shirt tucked safely under my arm. It cost me nothing.

Needless to say, I'm 100% happy with every aspect of Hot Topic, both online and off!

***The Bad***

Not everything in Hot Topic is appropriate for all ages, nor will everything in Hot Topic appeal to all ages. Unfortunately, I would guess that most people over 30 or so wouldn't find much to interest them. However, I have one particular buddy who's 32, and he swears by the place. Go figure.

And, okay, so the merchandise isn't cheap. But you know, what is these days? $18 for a t-shirt is high, but not as high as some other places. For the fun, original clothing choices that Hot Topic has, I'd pay their price any day.

***The Verdict***

Five stars! For the lover of pop culture and entertainment, Hot Topic is a buyer's paradise!

*www.hottopic.com*

Slowest shipping ever!

Niece wanted a hoodie from Hot Topic. I ordered it online. The hoodie ships from Tennessee. I am in Texas 3 weeks later and still not hoodie. The store will not cancel the order even though it is shipping to the store because they say it is in transit. IN TRANSIT...I could have walked to Tennessee and back in l less than half the time I have waited and am still waiting. Friday they told me it would be at the store Monday. Monday I called the store and I am not in there system. On the phone with their order support for the 5th time. In the interim they have held on to my $60 bucks. Absolutley the worst customer support ever! Do not order from their online store, unless you just like giving your money away.

Good site, low quality

from Orange County, CA

Comments about Hot Topic | HotTopic.com:

The clothing at HotTopic.com is overpriced for the quality of the items. In the past, I have purchased jewelry, shirts, and sweatshirts from their website. The jewelry tends to break easily and can be difficult to piece back together. The prints on clothing tend to be a bit blurry, but they have nice colors. The clothing is easy to size, but is not very soft. The material usually feels cheap. However, if you are looking for a unique clothing item, this is definitely the store for you, as they have merchandise related to just about every fandom on the planet.
I have also purchased sticky notes and buttons/pins from the HotTopic.com website, and was much more satisfied with the quality of the purchases.
Their shipping is quick and painless. My items always arrive sooner than expected. Orders typically arrive in plastic bag-type packaging, rather than a box. Typically, they come with a coupon for 30% off your next purchase.
The "wish list" feature on the site is one of my favorites, because you can keep items on your list, even when they are out of stock. That way, even if they are not restocked, you will remember the item for the future so you can look for something similar.
The website has great organization and great features, but the merchandise itself is somewhat disappointing compared to how it is portrayed in the images on the site.

Once OK but now terrible.

from Port Hawkesbury, NS

Comments about Hot Topic | HotTopic.com:

I was dealing with them for nearly a month just to get one of my orders shipped from their warehouse. By the time they actually starting packing it half the items were missing and I wasted my special discount code. Their site also never properly reflects the stock in their warehouse.
It took me quite a while before I actually got a hold of a customer service rep that was helpful. The email customer service is terrible and they spout off stock answers and move on. The Facebook message customer service line is hit and miss. Some phone people are OK, others are just awful. I had to call multiple times and leave public messages on their facebook site to finally get some movement on my order. I actually had placed another order a week later and received it a week ago. I am STILL waiting on that first order though I AM told it is shipped now. When I did get someone good on my first problem she was helpful, but it was not easy and luck of the draw when I got her. On Facebook they said that they would get someone to call me between a certain hour. I waited 2 days and contacted them again on Facebook only to find out the agent that was told to contact me just plain didn't so they got another person to call me immediately.
I placed another order later and used five $5 instant rebates on it totaling $25. One of the items I ordered was $15. It wasn't in stock so they refunded me for the item. But what they did was they refunded me for how much the item was on the order after the discounts were applied so instead of the $15 for the item I was given $3.15 back on the order and my $5 rebated were thrown away. I was not refunded the full amount for the item nor given my rebates back and I argued this for 2 days of which I eventually just gave up. After a month of dealing with nothing but problems from this company I just don't even care about what I'm owed anymore. They have lost a regular customer who has spent nearly $1000 there just in approximately the last 2 months. Don't Use.

Not in stock

from Kansas City, KS

Comments about Hot Topic | HotTopic.com:

Online store has sales for items they do not have. Even though the site showed in stock I got an email notice removing this item from my order and shipping the rest. I did not get a chance to cancel the rest of the order and customer support refused to refund the shipping cost. Not a reputable online seller. Email correspondence was slow, if they responded.

Great store for band, or pop culture...

from Florida

Comments about Hot Topic | HotTopic.com:

Hot Topic has been around for as long as I can remember and I can recall multiple trips there as a pre teen and teenager. They have always had a bunch of music or band t shirts as well as "off the wall" television or pop culture shirts and other things.

I was in the store a couple of weeks ago and noticed that the store seems to have grown up a little bit, but is still as great as ever. I remember Hot Topic stores being dimly lit when I was a teenager, and kind of crowded. I was pleased to see that they aren't as nearly as crowded as they used to be- but they still carry all the favorite items.

I went in looking for Harley Quinn and Doctor Who items- living in a somewhat beach geared town in Florida we don't have a huge calling for sci fi or pop culture stores. But I was pleased to see how much of both subject the store carried.

I managed to get both things on sale and noticed that they had pretty good store wide sales as well as a pretty friendly staff.

Prices can be a little high- but they also have very good sales. I'll definitely keep shopping there.

I've also since checked out the website and it's really well organized.

Must ship from China

Comments about Hot Topic | HotTopic.com:

I ordered a gift card but They must ship from China. Otherwise why would it take 3 weeks to ship this item? Worst customer service possible. Will never order online from this retailer again

Website ok to use

Product Selection
Selection of gift cards was terrible

Customer Service
Worst customer service ever. Kept calling me by the wrong name and told me one of my items had shipped but the rest of the order was in process. I only ordered one item.

Shipping and Returns
Slowest shipping ever

Slowest shipping ever!

Cool, Punky Store

from MI

Comments about Hot Topic | HotTopic.com:

HotTopic.com is a really unique, fun store for people of all ages. HotTopic.com sells a wide variety of apparel, shoes, collectibles, accessories, and so much more. The website is enjoyable for shopping, as everything is nicely categorized and labeled by style, topic, theme, etc. It's easy to navigate, and all products are clearly pictured and priced.

If you've never shopped at HotTopic.com, you should because it is a fun place to find very unique items. Whether you are looking for yourself, or a gift, HotTopic carries just about everything.

Some of the items can be pricey, but HotTopic.com does a good job of offering sales and discounts on items, and there is always a wide variety of things on clearance. I enjoy the website to the store, because the physical store itself is often loud and pretty cluttered with a lot of merchandise, so I find it easier to shop around on the website.

• Shipping and Returns:

It made my husband happy!

Comments about Hot Topic | HotTopic.com:

My husband is a recent fan of a famous HBO series "Games of Thrones" and I got to know from a friend of mine about the souvenirs and Tshirts of Games of Thrones and other stuff they have at Hot Topic. I did not have a store nearby and had I wanted to purchase these for my darling husband. I knew he would be surprised and would love to have these things. I had no other option than to order online and guess what they had some deals going on at that time. I got him a Games Of Thrones coffee mug, shirt, a belt buckle and a pin from this site. The site to was really easy to browse through. If you know what you are looking for, you will easily find it else you will be forced to purchase more products from this website. Believe me, you will like everything there! If you are looking to purchase a Theme based gift for someone then I guess this is the best place you can go to or better shop online. I received everything pretty quick and well packed. My husband was so happy to open the box when he came home!

Not so hot.

from Rome,GA

Comments about Hot Topic | HotTopic.com:

This is an online store that I was basically forced to use to purchase a Christmas gift for my step son. I didn't enjoy the experience very much the site was very confusing, I must admit it could have been the fact I am so out of touch with teenagers fashions. I did like the way the site helped me in this area, I was able to find the item I had originally searched for and a few others that managed to be very popular among my boys. I found the Pop culture section of the site to have a lot of top quality and desirable products. I would make additional purchases from Hot Topic for any of the Pop Culture type products that I may need in the future. I found the site to be very informative even for the products I wasn't going to purchase. I find myself surfing the site just to see what new has been added in comparison to other sites I shop at. I have found some of the best Doctor Who merchandise at Hot Topic, that I can not find anywhere else.

I interesting products

Comments about Hot Topic | HotTopic.com:

Hot topic dot com offers a large variety of interesting and bizarre items. Honestly I prefer shopping in the store itself but the online shop is convenient and easy to shop. It is easy to find what your looking for on this particular website. They have a search bar and different categories to help you make your selections. I feel that their sale items are always really awesome deals. I have gotten up to eighty percent off items from this website. I am very impressed with the selection of items. I like shopping here for bachelorette parties. They have a lot of unique items. I have also found that the shipping is quite fast. Overall I am very impressed with hot topic.com and I do plan on continuing to shop here.

This website is very easy to use.

Product Selection
I am beyond impressed with the product selection.

Product Pricing
The prices on this website are typically very reasonable.

Customer Service