4.1
Hormel
Hormel Turkey Pepperoni

Hormel Turkey Pepperoni

4.1

EXCELLENT TASTE and great for your waist!

I have a very different type of eating pattern then most. If I eat Beef or Pork It makes me sick. I am close to being a vegetarian. So for me Turkey keeps me healthy and in shape. It is very hard to find foods that are not only good for you but also excellent in taste. I had seen these turkey pepperoni for sale at my local grocery store and just had to try them since I am so limited on what I can eat. (have lots of food allergies)

Everyone was having pizza for dinner with loads of pepperoni and other meat on it. I am usually the one that has just vegetables on mine. So, I put these pepperoni's on my pizza and it was the best! You can't tell the difference in taste other then you don't get indigestion, heartburn or any greasy mess or taste. Everyone else in my family has tried this turkey pepperoni and said they all would rather have the turkey then the original fattening, greasy pepperoni. I have lots of these packages stored in my freezer for the next time I want some. I even put it on my salad and even use as meat for my sandwiches.

I wasted money on this.

My husband accidentally purchased this pepperoni a few weeks ago for stromboli. I love regular pepperoni and use it in many recipes. I don't mind turkey, but this was terrible. I used it in my stromboli and it had a bitter taste. The pepperoni was spicy and had a slick, almost filmy texture. The after taste was strange. I usually snack on pepperoni and cheese during the day and I tried to eat these but I just couldn't. I will take the extra calories, they might be worth it to others but I would rather have regular pepperoni. I couldn't find anything about this pepperoni that was good, other than less fat but I'm not concerned with that. I attempted cooking with these twice and my food had a weird taste and it was way too spicy. I threw over half of the pack away. I was surprised to read so many high-rated reviews. I will never buy these again, I also hope my husband doesn't make the same mistake.

I wasted money on this.

Hormel Turkey Pepperoni: The Bird is the Word

Comments about Hormel Turkey Pepperoni:

I love pepperoni and use it for much more than a pizza topping. Pepperoni is usually chewy and sometimes hard for kids or for those with dental issues to chew. This one is very edible and you don't have to use your teeth so much to break it down. I like to use turkey products because this bird produces products much lower in fat. It looks and smells like regular pepperoni and the family won't know the difference except it's more easy on the dental work. Even those with braces will like it, it's that easy. I love to put it on a salad as a topping or on a tortilla with cheese for a quick, easy quesadilla. This product is versatile and good for you and your family. It is also a little less expensive than the regular. We break it out of the grocery bags before getting home and eat it straight from the bag!

I love this stuff

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Hormel Turkey Pepperoni:

Hormel Brand Turkey pepperoni is hands down one of my favorite products. Eating healthy all the time can really be a drag if you don't keep it new and fresh. I love to experiment with different tastes and I enjoy trying healthier versions of products I normally eat. Hormel turkey pepperoni is delicious. In my opinion, it is better than original full fat versions of pepperoni for many reasons beyond health benefits although, that is definitely one of my motivations for purchasing it originally. One of the ways it differs is that it is not as salty as the original version. It is also less greasy which, in turn, helps me from heart burn and indigestion. It can be used to make home made pizzas in order to cut down on fat and calories as well. I also use them in salads from time to time and egg white omelets. I enjoy this healthier option for reasons that reach beyond health benefits. It is a bit more expensive than the original but is well worth it. I buy it regularly and will continue to do so. Hormel really pulled this one off. Too bad pizza delivery shops won't follow.

Pepperoni

Comments about Hormel Turkey Pepperoni:

Growing up, my mother and I used to make home-made pepperoni pizzas and what better pepperoni than Hormel Turkey Pepperoni? I absolutely love it. I even eat it plain, uncooked, or dip it in pizza sauce. It's so delicious and I can never get enough. Best pepperoni there is.

More like jerky than pepperoni

Comments about Hormel Turkey Pepperoni:

I bought this brand of pepperoni when the off brand wasn't available. I was incredibly disappointed, for twice the cost, I found myself eating jerky, rather than the delicious pepperoni i had become accustomed too. I would not recommend this pepperoni to anyone. I can only imagine using this as a jerky substitute, because it certainly was not up to par of the pepperoni I am used to.

Confused by good reviews

Comments about Hormel Turkey Pepperoni:

I tried the Turkey Pepperoni last night, and found it to be rather overwhelming. It was extremely spicy, and smelled horrible. I wasn't impressed with the taste either. Maybe the package was old I will buy a new one and see if it was just that package.

Good tasting pepperoni!

from Marshallville, OH

Comments about Hormel Turkey Pepperoni:

I recently purchased this products to make Pizza Potatoes in the crockpot. I have never tried this before, but we don't eat regular pepperoni and thought this would be a nice alternative. I served it and everyone loved the dish. You could not tell that this was turkey. It tends to be a little spicey, but other than that the flavor, texture and appearance is excellent. It also was somewhat expensive, but to me it's worth it to have something more nutritious than the regular pepperoni.  I think it would be great on pizzas, salads, even for snacks. It has great taste and not as much fat which is what people are looking for these days. I would highly recommend this pepperoni to those who want to try something different from the traditional pepperoni...it's amazing and no one would know the difference!! Put it on your pizza and see what you think...your family will love it and you can feel good about it because it's so good for your body!

Hormel Turkey Pepperoni tastes great

from Buffalo, NY

Comments about Hormel Turkey Pepperoni:

I recently purchased Hormel Turkey Pepperoni accidentally when it was on sale.  It was Buy 1 get one free and when I grabbed the packages, one of them was the Turkey Pepperoni.  I was having a get together at home and was making a cheese and pepperoni platter.  Needless to say, I noticed I purchased the wrong pepperoni, but decided to try it and see how it went.  This Turkey Pepperoni tastes great, has a light flavor and the reduction in calories works well with anyone's diet.  Get some low fat crackers and you have a great low calorie snack.  We just tried it on a pizza we made at home.  Normal pepperoni is very greasy when you put it into the oven, this turkey pepperoni doesn't get greasy and tastes great on a pizza.  I can't believe that I didn't try this sooner

Better than regular, wish all diet food were this good.

from De Soto, MO

Comments about Hormel Turkey Pepperoni:

Ok, all reduced fat foods need to be this good.  These slices cook up nice and crisp without any of the grease one would get regular pepperoni, and they have a nicely spicy bite as well.  Don't let the word "turkey" scare you off from trying this product.  Dieting or no, you should get this.

Are you SURE it's turkey?

from Tionesta, PA

Comments about Hormel Turkey Pepperoni:

As far as I know, there are only a couple of brands of turkey pepperoni on the market, and Hormel makes the absolute top of the line. We use this at home all the time on our homemade pizzas. Hubby didn't even realize it was turkey. (and as an aside, I shouldn't have told him. heh.)

Delicious product from Hormel, and very saturated fat/calorie conscious as well.