Other Meat & Seafoods:
Nathan's Hot Dogs

Nathan's Hot Dogs

Not the best

Pros

Cons

• Bad Texture
    • Over Seasoned
    • Rubbery Texture

Comments about Nathan's Hot Dogs:

Read Huffington Posts review that Nanthan's was rated #1.
      IMHO it is not even close to #1 Originally from East Coast and the old Nathan's I ate, tasted nothing like the ones I ate recently. Too salty for my taste.

Nathans - the best hot dogs you can buy

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Nathan's Hot Dogs:

I have to say Nathans all beef hot dogs get a high rating in our house.. Nathans come in a wide variety of sizes and shapes but the one thing you can count on is, regardless of which type you eat they will be the same great quality. I think our favorite hot dog is Nathans regular sized hot dogs. These hot dogs are great, fit the bun and they taste like meat. They don’t shrink when grilled and are eye appealing and you can count on taste. The texture and flavor of this all American food is fantastic. They don’t shrink like other brands and they are not tough like so many of the brands and I don't feel bad serving them to my family and friends. We like them with just mustard but condiments are not needed to cover up the taste of the hot dogs. I would recommend keeping these in the fridge for a quick meal that you can feel good when you are in a hurry and serve then to your family and friends.

Great if you like a flavorful dog!

Comments about Nathan's Hot Dogs:

One of the reasons I love Nathans over other hot dog brands is that it simply has more flavor. A lot of other hot dogs are pretty bland and need mustard and relish or other toppings to taste good, but Nathans stands on it's own.

I also like how when you cook these on a pan, the skin gets a little bit of a crispness that makes for a more satisfying bite. Undoubtedly the best dogs around!

Can't get any better than Nathans...

from Boston, MA

Comments about Nathan's Hot Dogs:

Both of my parents grew up in Long Island, NY.  My father used to always boast about the "best hotdogs" which could only be found on Coney Island.  Of course, he was referring to Nathan's Famous Hot Dogs.  Every so often, I would go to his house and he would boil up or grill some Nathans.  Man, I loved those meals.  As you can imagine, I was super excited a few years later when I realized that you could buy Nathan's hot dogs at your local grocery store!  Man, I rushed to Stop & Shop, Shaws, Star Market, every supermarket in the Greater Boston Area, and what did I do?  I bought some Nathan's hot dogs!  And boy did I enjoy them.  Shortly thereafter, they even opened up a Nathan's at the Cambridgeside Galleria (which has since closed down).  While traveling the globe, I've found many Nathan's restaurants in major US cities, particularly in Miami where Miami Subs is at every major intersection boasting of their buy one get one free Nathan's hot dogs.

I had no idea how good they would be

from Decatur, GA

Comments about Nathan's Hot Dogs:

We recently had a barbecue for my granddaughter's graduation and these were on sale buy one get one free. I bought them and they turned out to be the absolute rave of the party; I think becuse the taste was unexpected. Don't know if it's the natural casing - but they definitely took me back to a time long ago.

By Far The Best

from Belmont, VT

Comments about Nathan's Hot Dogs:

I have to say, especially after my pregnancy, I have had a lot of hot dogs.  My husband is also a butcher, and has made me particular to different cuts and brands of meat.

I still eat several hot dogs, they are my go to food, like most would pick pizza.  I came upon a coupon for Nathan's brand of hot dogs, and thought that I would try them.  I usually ignored them because of their price.  But after purchasing them, I found they are worth the price.

I found them to be better than obviously Oscar Meyer and Ball Park, but also Boar's Head and Essem Hot Dogs.  My son prefers them as well.  The casing doesn't seem as thick as the other brands we have had, making it easier for him to chew, and less work for me as I don't have to try to peel the casing off.

A delicious dog!

from Fairborn, OH

Comments about Nathan's Hot Dogs:

As an avid Food Network viewer and general food fan, I have come to know of the Famous Nathan's Hot Dogs in New York City and their famous hot dog eating contest held on the Fourth of July. In fact, I have always wanted to travel to New York City just to try one of their famous dogs. So when I found that my local grocer was selling packaged Nathan's Hot Dogs I was estactic and promptly bought some. The were the best packaged hot dogs I have ever tasted. They are made from quality ingredients (in fact I think they don't contain pork) and keep their juiciness when cooked (even in the microwave!). I still would love to go to NYC to try a Nathan's dog from the actual place, but for now these dogs will do just fine!