4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Filter Availability:

Use washable filters and avoid unnecessary future costs

My family bought a Honeywell QuietClean Air Purifier at Home Depot a few months back and we love it! I clean the filters once a week in the sink, it takes about a minute, and that's it! You can adjust the settings and this is the most quiet purifier I have ever bought. I have bought two other brands and those were loud and annoying and required purchasing filters that could not be reused. And this product is affordable, especially considering the filters.

Not exactly quiet care, but filters a lot of air

I've had this air purifier for a few days and I have to say it is pretty effective but is not exactly as advertised.  I wish that the manufacturer would state actual noise specifications, instead of just saying that it is quiet.  First of all, the functioning of this is very simple.  There are two filters that surround a tunnel which the fan sucks air through and blows out the top.  The fan sucks from the front and back, all around, so that is fairly good.  The filter says it is permanent, but it really isn't, I believe it has to be replaced every few years.  Also, the pre-filter needs to be replaced every few months.  The costs can add up so that in a few years you will end up paying double the original cost of the unit.  However, if you really need an air purifier this is probably as cheap as you can get anyways.

Okay so I have to state that it is quite noisy, I have it in my bedroom, and the noise drowns out everything else in my room, such as my computer, which isn't that loud itself.  Even on low setting, it is fairly noisy in my point of view.  It is probably around 30-35dBa on low.  Certainly more than you would think 'quiet' is, it can also make it hard to sleep, however since it is constant its not bad, but I turn it off for sleep.  Medium is probably 40dBa, and high is surely around 45-50, I can hear it downstairs of my room if the door is open.

Fine as a temporary solution

from Richmond VA

Comments about Honeywell HEPA QuietCare Air Cleaner:

I got this air cleaner as something to use in my son's bedroom when he was an infant. While it worked fine for a while, we found that long-term, it really didn't hold up and we eventually had to replace it with a new type of air filter. It was a little frustrating that we had to replace it, but thankfully it was not too expensive to begin with and we did yet almost a year's worth of constant use out of it, so I didn't feel too much like it was a complete loss.

Ease of Maintenance
I found that I had to check on it a lot to make sure it didn't need maintenance, and it would go from being perfectly fine to needing several things taken care of all at once.

Dust/Allergen Removal
It does do a really nice job of taking care of the dust and allergens in the room. My son's room was fairly small, so I'm not sure how well it would work in a large room, but I was satisfied with this.

Filter Availability
I had to hunt around a bit and eventually just gave up and ordered them online.

It ended up calling it quits after a year.

• Filter Availability:

Great Air Cleaner with only minor drawbacks.

Comments about Honeywell HEPA QuietCare Air Cleaner:

This air cleaner has been running in our home for over 6 years. We are full time RV'ers with a 40 foot motor home...we get lot's of dust from both traveling and when parked in many campgrounds (the gravel roads in so many of them throw a lot of dust that blows in through windows or screen door) and this air cleaner does a great job of capturing a lot of it. I vacuum the both the pre-filter and HEPA filter every 3-4 days and I can see the dust that it is capturing. I can can also tell it works because I can see the difference in the amount of dust on furniture when we use it versus when we don't. It has three speeds that can be utilized for the amount of filtering you may want. We don't have allergies so can usually obtain the results we desire by using low or medium. Two drawbacks are the noise level when filtering on medium or high and also the amount of cool air it blows out into the room out when it is running. This is no problem in the summer, but during the winter months it makes the room colder. I have replaced the pre-filter once but have never replaced the HEPA filter. The fact that we have no allergies may play a major part in not replacing it. All in all I am very pleased with this air cleaner and would recommend it to anyone.

Filter Availability
Have never had to shop for the HEPA filter, and the pre-filter is found at any retailer that sells the Honeywell air cleaners. If you can't find them at a store, I'm sure you can find them online at Amazon!

Relatively quiet, good performance

Comments about Honeywell HEPA QuietCare Air Cleaner:

This is my firs Honeywell brand air purifier. I have heard good things about them and have seen them get the attention of Consumer's Reports. My previous experiences with air purifiers have been with ionic air purifiers, none of which used these paper filters. I am not looking forward to having to pay for replacements but so far after 2 months I havent had to yet. Compared to my ionic purifier, this unit is noticiably noisier, although I like white noise when i sleep. My bedroom window overlooks a street with some car traffic so I get a fair amount of dust if I keep my windows open. I've already noticed a decrease in the amount of dust though with this unit so I think it's really working! (I do not have any allergies or asthma so I can't comment on any effect on those conditions.) It is a little ugly to me though.

• Filter Availability:

This is a wonderful product!

Comments about Honeywell HEPA QuietCare Air Cleaner:

When we were looking for an air purifier my husband did a lot of research and landed on this hepa air purifier as one of the best on the market for the price. There are others that are Honeywell brand that are bigger, but we were looking for a small one. This one works wonders for taking smells out of the air and also for helping with allergies. We have a friend who is allergic to cats and when she stayed with us we put this air purifier in her room and she had zero problems with the cat allergies- and we have two cats!

Ease of Maintenance
The directions say to change the filter regularly and we do, but in between times we just vacuum it out which makes it last a little longer.

Dust/Allergen Removal
Te hepa filter is awesome!

The filter is slightly cumbersome to change.

• Filter Availability:

Unusable because of the noise level

Comments about Honeywell HEPA QuietCare Air Cleaner:

Though it is billed as "QuietCare", the noise level is annoying on low and intolerable at high. I have not been able to stand the noise long enough to determine its effectiveness. Very disappointed in this product.

Not effective if you're not able to tolerate the noise.

Shouldn't call this design "QuietCare". It's NOT QUIET!

Lets Me Sleep at Night and Breathe During the Day

from Stockton, CA

Comments about Honeywell HEPA QuietCare Air Cleaner:

This is a heavy-duty purifier with a real filter. It is not just a glorified fan that some competitors are. It is definitely on the high side in price, and I do have to pay for a new filter periodically, but the relief I get for my allergies is easily worth it.

Ease of Maintenance
HEPA filters do have to be replaced regularly. It's not a big deal, but it is a little inconvenient.

Dust/Allergen Removal
I do not have any studies or figures, but I do know that my allergies only about ten percent as severe as before.

Filter Availability
I can get filters for this unit at many outlets and online as well.

The thing is on constantly, with no hiccups or problems of any kind.

I would really give this a 4.5. My allergies are not completely eradicated with the Honeywell, but it does make a gigantic difference.

Plug it it, turn it on--design is not really a factor for me here.

• Filter Availability:

Works well, but the filter situation stinks

Comments about Honeywell HEPA QuietCare Air Cleaner:

We bought this for a family member who still smokes and when the filters are new this Air cleaner really does a terrific job, but the process of changing the filters, buying the filters is sort of a pain.

Also would love a retractable cord, this is the type of product that get inserted in a room and never really has a home, this makes the cord always in the way.

It's quite and has a nice airflow.

Ease of Maintenance
It's impossible to clean, and the filters are a pain to find, work with.

Dust/Allergen Removal
Again, when the filters are clean, it works like a champ, unfortunately the filters only seem to be clean for a couple of days.

The machine keeps right on ticking, we've had it for about 8 months.

All depends on the filters

Positive (realistic) review

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Honeywell HEPA QuietCare Air Cleaner:

I've never had an air filter, so I have no basis for comparison. I had not done too long, so can not advise what is a long-term performance. That said, I am very happy so far with him. sweet Recently for no apparent reason developed asthma and allergies. I have two cats and although I do not separate, and pathological have no small trouble around the house, and I vacuum often. Both asthma and allergies have disappeared. The air is much clearer, and my dream, but it is good to start the better.

What my experience with the noise level and in comparison to other opinions, I have no problem with the vacuum. This thing has no moving parts, namely the effects of thermodynamics and mechanical control: it is heat, friction, viscous friction surfaces, etc. .. looks like a fan. Sleeping in the lowest position that still filter a large volume of air (time), or play very comfortably in the same room. While two other parameters can be too much in the same room, relax a little audible in another room (very near).

Filters are easily accessible. They are concentric with a HEPA filter and carbon pre-filter and are closed at first sight.

Does the job and does it well.

from 402455405

Comments about Honeywell HEPA QuietCare Air Cleaner:

This product is totally wonderful. I have horrible allergies and it makes such a huge difference for me. I can so tell the difference if I happen to not turn it on before I go to bed. I couldn't be happier and I think it is a great bargain for the quality job it does. The only problem I have, and it is only slight, is that it is a bit on the loud side... Sounds like a box fan on high. But I really don't mind it while I'm sleeping, it actually helps me due to the white noise.

Great air purifier

from Miami, FL

Comments about Honeywell HEPA QuietCare Air Cleaner:

I was recently on the lookout to get a good air cleaner for the house and had to do a lot of research before I settled on buying the Honeywell Quiet care air cleaner. It is a great buy for me and I have been very satisfied with it. Really happy that I bought it. When you think of Honeywell you know you are going to get great quality and reliability its what the company is about and this product is one of their finest. It does a wonderful job. It is very quiet and you won't even know if it is turned on for me that was one of the most important things that I was looking for in an air cleaner. It is pretty reasonably priced so it will not burn a hole in your pocket. It is although a little bulky so that is probably the only down side.