Other Air Purifiers:

Holmes HEPA Type Mini Tower Air Purifier

Pros

Cons

Best Air Purifier for a low price

The Holmes air purifier is a very nice inexpensive alternative to more pricey air purifiers .It has a nice compact design and is easy to carry from room to room .It come with the hepa-type filter that works just fine .

This machine has 3 different fan levels for small room -quick clean and normal .it also comes with a handy air freshener clip that bathes the room in a fresh fragrance . Its quiet and really makes the room fresh, the filter is easy to remove and clean . the best thing about it is the quick clean or high setting gets orders out of a room in minuets. this little machine is a very good value at 39.99 and is a must if you have allergies.

Holmes Air Purifier is not worth it!

The Holmes air purifier in my opinion doesn't do anything at all. We have had the purifier for about 10 years and I don't think it does anything except blow air. It also goes through filters every few months and you have to replace them. It is really loud on the highest setting possible, but I like that and that is the reason I still use it. I like to have "white noise" in the background to sleep and this air purifier does provide that. For the cost of the air purifier and the filters that you have to buy every few months though, I do not think it is worth buying for the purpose of purifying the air. If you want to use it to provide white noise, buy something cheaper like a white noise machine.

Awesome Air Purifier

from Austin, TX

Pros

• Affordable
  • Attractive Design
  • Long life
  • User friendly

Cons

• Anywhere
    • Bedroom

Comments about Holmes HEPA Type Mini Tower Air Purifier:

I originally bought this Mini tower HEPA air filter when I was expecting my first child. I wanted her room and the main living space in the house to have 'clean' air. I ended up buying two one for each of those spaces. We have used them both for 5 years. My daughter still has hers in her room and the second one has been moved into our new babies room. They have worked well and I feel they have helped keep the air cleaner and reduced the diaper smell. In addition, to purifying the air, we have the bonus of having the sound it makes act as a sound machine. Both of my children need the sounds of white noise to sleep peacefully. This purifier has a soft hum that it makes and the noise soothes my kids to sleep. Not sure if this is what was meant for it, but it works well for me. I would recommend this for sure.

• Primary use:
    • Personal

I love this Holmes air purifier!

from Davie, FL

Comments about Holmes HEPA Type Mini Tower Air Purifier:

I purchased the Holmes mini tower air purifier about three years ago. My reason for purchasing this was the fact that I was growing tired of breathing in the dusty, unclean air in my apartment. This air purifier was so easy to install, and I have been just so happy that I bought it. It was a little expensive, but it was still affordable. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for an easy-to-maintain and reliable air purifier.

Ease of Maintenance
    I love how easy it is to clean this machine and change the filters.

Dust/Allergen Removal
    The air in my apartment is dust-free and clean.

Filter Availability
    I never have any problems finding filters for it.

Very sturdy and durable. Never had any problems with it.

The Holmes air purifier is more effective than any other air purifier I have ever used. I have noticed such a difference in the quality of the air in my apartment since I purchased this.

The design of this air purifier is perfect. It is quite small, and it does not take up very much space at all.

• Filter Availability:

Works well in small rooms.

Comments about Holmes HEPA Type Mini Tower Air Purifier:

My husband and I have an air purifier in almost every room to help with dust and allergens. We use this one in our bedrom. It's small but works well. It also doubles as a white noise machine at night. Can't sleep without it.

Ease of Maintenance
    This air purifier is easy to maintain. The filters are easy to change, but we usually just vacuum them a couple of times before actually changing it. We also vacuum the entire air purifier about once a month just to keep it clean.

Dust/Allergen Removal
    This air purifier does really well for filtering dust and allergens. My husband and I both had allergy symptoms before we started using this machine in our bedroom, and now that is much better. We don't wake up with watery eyes and scratchy throats.

Filter Availability
    I've never really had an issue finding filters. I've ordered online a couple of times when they were sold out in the store.

We run this filter almost 24 hours per day and have never had an issue. Durability should be good as long as you maintain it properly.

Very effective for dust and allergens.

This is a small unit so it's not intrusive, and it looks nice. All the controls are well placed, and it is easy to use.

• Filter Availability:

I've noticed a difference already

Comments about Holmes HEPA Type Mini Tower Air Purifier:

I have two dogs, and live in a middle of a huge field that grows straw and hay, so allergies and air quality can be an issue. I got this to give it a try without spending premium money for a more expensive air purifier, because I was skeptical. I have noticed a huge difference already, and the air just smells more fresh and not so stale, This is a worthwhile investment.

• Filter Availability:

Great valus for the money!

Comments about Holmes HEPA Type Mini Tower Air Purifier:

The small price gave me Big value in results within twenty four hours as I could breathe more easily. The 3 speed settings offered me the opportunity to adjust for different needs during the day plus the ionizer for additional particle removal. This unit handles my 12 feet by 15feet office room with ease. Dust, cat dander, mold , allergens etc gone as the common households odors disappeared like magic, as cooking smells and tobacco smoke were whisked away.. I love the ionizer as the air appears fresher since i plugged in the Holmes mini tower. This unit is a lot quieter than the air purifier my girlfriend has and seems to work twice as good!!

I was able to find replacement filters from a variety of companies online or by phone.

This unit only weighs less than seven pounds and measures one foot tall. The washable pre-filter helps to extend the use of the filter also.

This Thing is AWESOME

from Westminster, SC

Comments about Holmes HEPA Type Mini Tower Air Purifier:

I'm the person that has to have a fan at night. With sad sinuses, this can get sticky. So I got this purifier to help with sleep, dust, dog hair and anything else spooky that needs to be filtered. And boy does this thing get the dust! The used filters are nasty. Makes me so glad its going in the trash and not my home. It's not loud but soothing. Has three speeds and an Ion option to latch onto particles....? very scientific, I've never noticed a difference though. It's pretty small so it fits anywhere. I can only imagine how efficient the big one is. I love this product!

love it!!!

from Osawatomie, KS

Comments about Holmes HEPA Type Mini Tower Air Purifier:

I have been looking for a air purifier and i tried so many others that didn't work. this one is great you don't find many inexpensive products to work but this one does. it works to clean the air in minutes whatever room I am in ...its light weight I can carry it from room to room and it also has a freshener that makes the room smell good.

Good for its pirce..,

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Holmes HEPA Type Mini Tower Air Purifier:

I brought this one from walmart for my husband. He is allerigc to dust,he is quite a impress with this product,the special feature's we liked about this product is helps remove airborne particles such as smoke, dust, pollen, mold spores and pet dander. Then, to absorb and eliminate common odors, the filter is fortified with trusty Arm & Hammer Baking Soda. A little larger (bulkier) than what i thought it would be. Reasonably quiet when operating on max...can sleep with medium. Side by side the Holmes HEPA Air Purifier (HAP240) seems to have a far higher air output than this model. The HAP240 is a little louder due to increased airflow; two of the three HAP240 units I tested (bought 2 HAP240) had a slight whistle when on max speed. Whistle can be mitigated/'reduced/eliminated by operating at a lower speed and or replacing the filter with a thinner filter. Just got both so we'll see how they hold up.he felt better ! its helping him a lot and sleep better .I definately will be getting a new one to have at work.

Holmes Products HAP412-BNU Air Purifier kicks butt.

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Holmes HEPA Type Mini Tower Air Purifier:

The Holmes Products HAP412-BNU Air Purifier is the second Holmes air purifier I purchased.  The first large one I have stashed in my living room and can't be happier with that.  I bought this one for my bedroom as I spend eight hours a night there and thought that would be an effective place to put it to help with my allergies.

It has been great in helping me wake up with clearer sinuses and in an unexpected way.  I have two cats and our pollen here has coated cars in a yellowy mist, not kidding. This was a catalyst for me purchasing this device and it has been a godsend.  The unexpected perk has been it's ambient buzz.  It seems to be slightly quieter then my other, larger Holmes and perfect for falling asleep to.

I can't think of many cons for this device. It is a little two large to comfortably fit on my nightstand and looks a little awkward.  It would seem a device like this, meant for a small room would itself be smaller, which is not the case.  I bought a nightstand to accommodate this and there hasn't been a problem since then.

Holmes Air Purifier is not worth it!

from Mobile, AL