Other Laptops:

Pros

Cons

Great computer for work

Comments about Hewlett Packard HP ELITEBOOK 8440P I7-640M 2.8G4GB 320GB DVDRW 14IN W7P - XT920UAABA PC Notebook:

I work in the IT industry and use this computer professionally. It is a great machine and runs well, even when I have many applications running at the same time and 15 different browser pages open. It is quiet in it's operation and doesn't get too hot, unlike other laptops that I have used where the air being exhausted can nearly give you a burn. While it may not be the lightest or thinnest laptop on the market, I think it is ideal for business use where you are traveling frequently and a more sturdy laptop makes more sense. It has more ports than I need, and that says a lot, as I ask a lot out of my machines. The built in wireless works wonderfully and I've never had a problem connecting remotely to various different networks. The fact that it is dock-ready is a plus. I can work out in the field, as well as have it double as my main work computer when in the office. While I use it mainly as my work computer, I have run a few games on it and haven't found any issues with the graphics. Overall, I think it is a great buy and am highly satisfied with it.

Battery Life
The battery life is great!

That'll do, HP... that'll do

from Chicago, IL

I've been using an HP Elitebook 8440p for approximately a year and a half (maybe closer to 2 years?). It's done almost everything I ask of it.

There isn't much fancy about this laptop, and I suppose that's why I appreciate it. I do not have a lot of experience with Apple products but I'm also not particularly drawn to them, so that says something about my sensibility when it comes to computers. I find the HP Elitebook easy to type on, and the trackpad isn't difficult to use. I really never use the mouse button that lives between the B-H-G keys, but it's also recessed, so I don't bump into it, either. There are touch-activated buttons along the base of the computer, just below the monitor, which control things like volume, wifi switch on/off, etc- I use them fairly regularly, but there are times I wish they were physical buttons (or that I knew how to control those functions without using the touch-buttons).

Overall, I've been satisfied with the computer's performance, but at this point it's not as fast as newer models, so I'll be happy to move on to the next model soon.

Battery Life
I can get about 1.5 hours with constant wifi running.

• Speed/Performance:

A great laptop that gets the job done

This is the perfect Windows laptop for all the basics you would need at home or school. It is not the fanciest or coolest looking laptop, but it serves its purpose. It is not the lightest laptop, but it s not the heaviest either. I've had to carry it through airports all the time and t hasn't broken my back yet. The best feature is a mini light so you can work on a dark plane or in low light.