View more laptops

DV1000
HP Pavilion Notebook PC

HP Pavilion Notebook PC

3.3

gets the work done with a little fun on the side!

from Irvine, CA

Comments about HP Pavilion Notebook PC:

Most people I know that have had this exact model have experienced some complications with this laptop! Including the most common ones like the screen becoming too loose!The keys become so worn out, its ugly!I love the widescreen and the really bright/true colors!I for one had to send my laptop in for repair about 5 times! I am a very good computer user, and do not overwhelm it with downloads etc. yet it still acted really weird...and service was taugh to deal with!The website is a maze as well! goodluckOver all i like this model because it gets the job done and I've customized it to my personal needs but the amount of time i spent fixing it is wayyy too much for any laptop user to endure!lf you want a laptop that will last you more than two years...look at dell or sony...HP is not durible!

Great do-it-all laptop

from Lawrence, KS

Comments about HP Pavilion Notebook PC:

My parents gave me this laptop as a graduation gift 5 and a half years ago.  It has taken me through grad school and I still use it daily.  I love the wide screen (great for watching tv online, etc.) and the keyboard and touchpad are very user friendly.  I use it mainly for internet, word processing, etc., nothing too fancy.  For my purposes, there is plenty of memory available on the hard drive.  I have never replaced the battery and I still get about an hour and a half before I need to plug it in.  The computer still runs reasonably fast and it has been hassle free.  I did get a virus once and it started to slow down.  I finally had to back up my files and re-install the operating system (which was very easy with the restoration CD and manual that came new with the laptop).  Besides that I have had no problems.  Never had to replace anything or spend any money to keep it running.  I even dropped it once accidentally and it has come through like a champ!

The DV 1000 is one of the most useful computers for home use.

from Erin, NY

Comments about HP Pavilion Notebook PC:

The Dv1000 is a good laptop for home office use, or for those in dormitories.  It comes with the quality you would expect from a HP pavillion, and it is good for use in business work.  The downside is a small mouse pad, and a battery that only lasts half an hour.  Overall I would say it is a four star laptop.

Poor performance

from Half Moon Bay, CA

Comments about HP Pavilion Notebook PC:

I bought my HP dv1000 about 3 years ago. I immediately noticed that the fan was extremely loud when it would come on. I even sent it back and got a new one..again the fan was very loud. Since then, I have had countless problems with the computer overheating.  Streamed videos do not work well on this computer. Recently the computer stopped turning on altogether when plugged in (I can only use it when it's on battery..when the battery dies I have to wait for it to recharge). There are so many other computers on the market with superior customer service and superior quality. I am very disappointed with my HP.

My HP Pavilion dv1000 has been great for school, work, and home.

from Dayton, OH

Comments about HP Pavilion Notebook PC:

The HP Pavilion dv1000 has been an excellent computer for me and my family.  It's extremely versatile for school, work, and home use.  Originally, I purchased the computer to get me through grad school.  To relieve my stress during down times, I played games, appreciating the TruBrite clarity.  I've had to share the computer with my wife, my teenage daughter, and my 5-year old son.  I'm a writer, spending hours typing away.  My wife balanced our family budget and kept in touch with her friends and family.  My daughter used MySpace, a LOT, and downloaded ringtones and music with ease.  My son loved visiting kids games sites with streaming content and downloadable games.  In summary, the dv1000 has proven to be a reliable computer.  Though its size was convenient, the keyboard gets a bit cramped after a while for someone with broad shoulders.

This is the perfect computer for home and school both!

from Hendrum, MN

Comments about HP Pavilion Notebook PC:

I received this Pavioion computer from my parents when I started my online degree program.  I use it for school and personal home use and love it for both purposes.  It has lots of space, great performance and is comfortable to use.  I am not a fan of tracpads in general, but this one seems to function fine.  I have found that the tracpad sometimes malfunctions when I am working online with my computer plugged in.  It actually is better when running on battery.  I have the factory battery, and have approximately two hours of time when fully charged, which is sufficient.  I really love the wide view and the easy-on-the-eyes screen.  I don't really have any negatives to this computer...it's perfect for what I need.

Worst investment!

from Chantilly, VA

Comments about HP Pavilion Notebook PC:

One of the worst buys I have had. Ever since I had this laptop HP dv 1000 its been a disaster. Initially I loved its widescreen & silver colour. But later it started to show its true colors. The laptop heats up so much even with a few hours of usage. Plus many times while I am online, my lptop just shuts off on its own, so many times I have lost important data.Its power charge adapter wire has snapped apart from one side. When I wnet online & read customer reviews I found that many people have similar concerns with the HP adapters.

I woul not recommend buying this model at all.

Good Overall Laptop

from Miami Beach, FL

Comments about HP Pavilion Notebook PC:

Has great connectivity signal.

Comes with harman/kardon speakers.

Very nice style/ appearance.

Have not tried it under a heavy load, only used it with minor applications

and internet and works well.

Not very heavy, good weight for the price.

Has lots of  entertainment oriented specs; like 2 headphone jacks,

s-video port, quickplay(works like a dvd or stereo without logging into windows) for video and audio.

Had to replace the video card since it burned.