Other Spirits:
Vodka
Grey Goose
Grey Goose Vodka

Summary

Winner of the prestigious World Spirits Championship. Grey Goose Vodka received 96 out of 100 points from the Beverage Testing Institute, and was awarded the only Platinum Medal.Its five-step distillation begins in a copper pot still with a fine selection of the very best grains. Blended with water naturally purified through champagne limestone from the Gent Springs of Cognac, France, Grey Goose is created under the watchful eye of a master distiller.

Grey Goose Vodka

Grey Goose Cleanses and Purifies

Among the different types of liquor available on the market, vodka is the type that is often the least distinguishable. Many admit that they have a difficult time telling one vodka from another and this is part of the reason why inexpensive vodkas sell so well. But to the discerning palate there is an unmistakable difference with some of the premium vodkas and one that I reach for when I feel the urge for some clear liquor is **Grey Goose Vodka**, a premium vodka produced in France **Vodka Commentary:** Grey Goose Vodka is completely clear and flows as smoothly as a glass of water. The nose on Grey Goose is slight, with scents of smoke, vanilla and alcohol prevailing along with a touch of cooked grains. The taste of Grey Goose is typical of most vodka in some ways, mainly in the area of complexity. Grey Goose isn't extremely complex, but it does offer a little more complexity than other brands of vodka with a body that is clean and crisp along with a distinct bitterness and a slight taste of charcoal. Grey Goose finishes with a peppery sensation that quickly fades into an aftertaste that combines the flavors of alcohol and a small amount of vanilla extract. The aftertaste is short lived, however, due to the clean finish of Grey Goose. This vodka is manufactured using wheat, barley, rye, and corn along with natural spring water filtered through champagne limestone. It contains 40 percent alcohol by volume (80 proof) and a one ounce (30 ml) serving contains about 60 calories. Grey Goose is one of the world's premiere vodkas with a very clean taste that is refreshing and cleansing, like taking a shot of mouthwash without the mint. This premium product is one of the best selling vodkas in its class and it ranks among the most commonly ordered vodka products at taverns and restaurants due to its image and widespread availability.

Grey Goose has a very distinct bottle and most people recognize it immediately. But the most important quality of Grey Goose and the reason it is so highly sought after is, of course, its taste. Based on appearance and aroma, grey Goose doesn't seem much different from other vodkas. But there is a distinct difference in the flavor; a taste that starts out subtle and then finishes with a bang, followed by a quick mellowing period where the aftertaste fades away into nothing, leaving your palate feeling clean and pure. There is even a small amount of citrus flavor in the background, but the main reason I like Grey Goose is what I mentioned above: Its ability to cleanse the palate and leave your mouth feeling refreshed.  Because the taste of Grey Goose is different from other vodkas and very tasty served all by itself, it is best used as a vodka for stronger mixed drinks that emphasize the flavor of the vodka. Martinis are an excellent choice, and even though it is very rare that I order a vodka martini, Grey Goose is usually the vodka product I choose for this type of drink. With this type of taste, one doesn't want to block the good flavor with excessive sugar or fruity mixers. Grey Goose would taste fine served in many other, fruity mixed drinks, but it is best utilized in a drink that calls for more vodka than any other ingredient. It is also a good choice of vodka for a shot or on the rocks. This way, you can experience the interesting taste qualities of Grey Goose without any interference from neutral mixers.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Grey Goose is an excellent choice among vodkas and it offers an interesting taste that is clean and pure, with only a small amount of alcohol burn and minimal aftertaste that fades away very quickly. It is one of the most critically acclaimed vodkas in the world and while it may not be the very best, it has enough great qualities to rank it in the same class with the world's finest distilled spirits.

Grey Goose is good; but there's better for the price.

Grey Goose is a good Vodka, plain and simple.

For the price, though, there is much better (Ed Phillips & Sons Prairie or Iceland Reyka).

It's...Read complete review

Grey Goose is a good Vodka, plain and simple.

It's quite smooth, minimal taste, but distinguasble non-the-less; I'd recommend this product, though, as a last resort; if there's nothing else available and you're choosing between 5 Vodka and this, pick this.

Great for making most cocktails

Comments about Grey Goose Vodka:

I have tried many types of vodka and they are all mostly the same , strong smell and long burn when you drink it . When mixed with any drink you can always smell it and taste it . But with grey goose it is different . You can still smell it but it doesn't smell like rubbing alcohol . The smell is bearable and the taste is smooth . When you drink it alone the shot goes down smooth and does not leave that burning feeling as much as the rest . I like to have it in a mixed drink better than by itself . In a mixed drink you can not smell it as much as the others and it gives your drink a good taste instead of just a burning sensation and not being able to taste the ingredients in the drinks . I prefer it with pink lemonade . The sour taste from the lemonade ( minute maid preferably ) covers the alcohol flavor and makes the drink not even taste like there is liquor in it just takes it slow or the after math will be bad . This liquor sneaks up on you and you will not notice because the drink tastes so good. The price for the bottle is a bit high but worth the cost .

The legacy

Comments about Grey Goose Vodka:

I am personally not a huge vodka fan per se. One cannot deny the superior taste and finish of Grey Goose Vodka. This vodka has an extremely clean finish as compared with its cheaper counterparts and a high class status. This status is definitely earned with its superior qualities.

best vodka i've ever tasted

from Odessa, FL

Comments about Grey Goose Vodka:

i've been drinking grey goose for about ten years and have to say that it is the smoothest vodka i've ever tasted.  i drink it plain over ice, as a gibson(with onions) as a martini(with olives) or with tonic and a twist of lemon.  in all cases, i find that grey goose is a superior vodka.

I wouldn't drink anything else!

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about Grey Goose Vodka:

I have become a vodka snob after the first time I tried Grey Goose.  Most vodka gives you the stinging nostrills for at least the first few sips.  But, Grey Goose is so incredibly smooth.  When mixed with tonic water and lime (my favorite), it tastes like a Sprite or 7-up.  The only downfall of this spirit (other than its expensive pricetag), it's almost a little TOO smooth and you can get drunk pretty easily off of it.  Be safe!

Grey Goose is good; but there's better for the price.

from Sioux Center, IA

Grey Goose is a good Vodka, plain and simple.

Grey Goose is in the kitchen!

from Tulsa, OK

Comments about Grey Goose Vodka:

When we get together with my extended family we always have Grey Goose on hand.  In fact it is an essential item because when things get crazy or stressful the code phrase is "the grey goose is in the kitchen"  and it bursts everyone into laughter, of course by then we all get up and make our way to the kitchen for a cocktail made with it.  It is so smooth, even grandma enjoys it!

Smoooooooooooooth!

from Scarville, IA

Comments about Grey Goose Vodka:

I normally do not drink vodka, but had a mixed drink with Grey Goose at my son's over Christmas. Wow! What a great tasting drink. This vodka is very smooth, leaves no after taste, & goes down very well. It's kind of pricey, but the only kind my son will drink.

Gottq Have It!!

from Albany, NY

Comments about Grey Goose Vodka:

Grey Goose Vodka is a weekly beverage that is purchased in the home. We have weekend parties and it is one the main alcoholic beverages that is served by the pitchers. Everyone loves it and there are a few recipes for cocktails that can be mixed for a different experience other than just drinking it on the rocks. It is one of my favorites.

Grey Goose Vodka tastes the best

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Grey Goose Vodka:

When I first got married, all those years ago, we could not afford a decent brand of vodka. Now that we can afford something a bit better we buy the Grey Goose. It seems to be a smoother taste to me. I am not the kind that wants to drink shots of any liquor, but we use it for mixed drinks. We keep it in the freezer and it is ready to yank out whenever we need a quick drink. This brand does not make you sick afterwards, it does not give me a headache, it has no terrible aftertaste. Grey Goose seems to be a vodka that lots of our friends have on hand also. One neighbor uses it in cooking somehow. Sounds interesting huh? Grey Goose does cost a bit more than some other brands, but then you worry about how it is going to make your drinks taste or if you are going to have a hard time the next morning! This brand seems to be on sale quite a bit as well, and they even sometimes have a special deal associated with it, like I got a really small travel bottle last time!

grey goose vodka is great for entertaining

from Tucker, GA

Comments about Grey Goose Vodka:

The begining of my year always begin with New year's parties and my sister birthday, so as you can see I need a great tasting refreshment for these celebrations. I always use colorful glasses for the celebrations and the taste must match :) I love grey goose because a small amount of it goes along way. Most products I buy taste nasty and sneaks up on you.Grey goose is smooth and doesnt taste like a foot :) My fiance always keeps our liquor cabinet stocked with grey goose products. Its great with magaritas which I love and Its good with ice as well. I purchase this product as a gift as well, and is always a good buy for dinner parties with friends and family. It doesnt make you feel sluggish the following morning or slur your words while drinking it :) other products have left me dizzy and feeling lazy, while grey goose had no effect on me or my friends and that alone will make you want to purchase it more.