Gilt.com

Do not shop here!

DO NOT SHOP HERE! They sell FAKE merchandise. I am so thankful that my aunt was able to spot the errors and realize that the Givenchy Pandora I bought was fake! When I purchased this bag, the site said that it was FINAL SALE and AUTHENTIC. That should have been my first warning. When we called, they didn't even hassle me because they probably get this complaint a lot. I had to go through hoops to get my money back but I finally did- except they shorted me $10! I am not stopping short for my money, I deserve that and more! Do NOT BUY from them, they are scam artists! Tell your friends. They don't even deserve a star. Fake Fake Fake Fake. Do your research!

Los Angeles

I wish I could give it ZERO star

I wish I could give it ZERO star! I have purchased a voucher on May and didn't use it until the end of July. (The voucher expired on August 3rd.) When I logged in to my account the website showed no results for any order placed before July. Then I called customer service they gave me a voucher number. It turned out INVALID! I called again they promised me to send me another one and they didn't. After several calls they FINALLY agreed to refund me. It has been a month now I still haven't got my money back! I will never use Gilt and Gilt City again! They just get your money and don't care about the customers at all! Very bad experience!

Jersey City

Never buy from Gilt.com

Never never buy from them. I've ordered Mudloft bad in November, they promised to deliver it by end of December. After my follow up with them they told that the order can be delivered by end of January. 1/19 I received an email that the order cannot be delivered at all. Stay away from this retailer.

San Jose

false

Terrible, but used to be good

Shopping on Gilt.com used to be a wonderful experience, both in terms of pricing and customer service. However, over the last one year, its has become from bad to worse. I experienced this atleast twice where they refused to resolve the complaint inspite of admitting their fault as per their 'policy' or 'techinical reasons': 1. I had an international shipment and they charged me in local currency instead of USD although i selected USD as the payment currency in the order screen. This would not be an issue, if they hadnt charged me 8% EXTRA without any reason any REFUSED to refund as the order had been 'placed'. 2. Recently, i placed another international shipping order for 7 items. Because of custom rules, one item could not be shipped internationally (which was NOT menioned jn item description). Weirdly enough, Gilt cancelled the ENTIRE order without ever asking me for a US addres which i could have easily provided, or cancel the ONE item which could not be shipped internationally. Worse, when i wanted to place the order again without the restricted item, 3 of my 7 purchases were UNAVAILABLE ...!! Ofcourse, their customer service was totally u helpful which resulted me in writing this review.

Dubai, UAE

false

Don't Buy Furniture Here!!

We ordered a sofa and chair from gilt really hoping for a great experience... It was horrible! Once we received our furniture it was not even close to the color which we thought we were receiving. When told we were not able to return it because it states there could be a "slight" difference in color in the fine print. We were very dissatisfied with the whole process and how Gilt decided to handle it with not helping with the situation at all. We will not ever be shopping with Gilt again and strongly urge that you take serious precautions if you decide to. Consider yourself warned!

North Carolina

Large (larger than expected) suitcase

Be careful - I ended up with a suitcase that I could easily fit into - much too large for me to use to travel with - because they won't take a return. This may not be true of all their items but it was a $400 suitcase and it is much larger than I thought it would be but they won't let me return it. I won't be using gilt again and I would say be very careful if you do! Here's the really unfortunate part - I could have purchased this from almost any other retailer for the same price or less (did not realize this until they refused to let me return it) and from any of them luggage is always returnable, even after it has been used if something breaks or doesn't work. Please don't use this site, their customer service is the most unreasonable and unpleasant of any." Ease of Use I could fit inside it, I thought it was a large suit case but I can barely lift it when it's e,pty Product Selection This was the "large" size, they had carry on and medium and then this one so I assumed it was a standard large - it wasn'tt it was HUGE Product Pricing As it turns out I could have bought this at the same or lower price from multiple retailers all wh have reasonable return policies for luggage. With luggage sometimes one s unaware of defects until it is used and I have never had an issue with a return in over 30 years. Customer Service Most rude and unpleasant I have experienced. Shipping and Returns They refused to let me return it so how would I know?

Company is fraudulent!!

Placed an order for a patio set, called to verify that it was correct because it was a good deal. They confirmed the price and set she even emailed me additional information. Two weeks later they told me it was there mistake they couldn't give me the deal and added a credit to my account. They failed to explain the credit has an expiration date. Who wouldn't use free money needless to say they took it away. Don't shop here they are a fraudulent company!!!

false

An all around hit or miss

The first time I visited this site, it was "invite only" and a friend had sent me an invite. There were plenty of fantastic deals and they seemed to have a wide selection of merchandise in all categories. You also seemed to get better deals. Now you don't need a referral and the quality of the Gilt experience seems to have gone downhill. For example, there used to be quite a selection of designer shoes. The last time I shopped, they had brands like Saucony and Nike on the site. I suppose they are brand name, but I would never have thought I'd see them on a site that is supposed to focus on designer goods. It was in odd company considering they also sell designers like Hermes and Christian Dior. For the prices of some of the items, you might as well just purchase directly from one of the designer shops. Then you know for sure exactly what you are getting. I was eyeing a Jimmy Choo bag and noticed it was only $30 more expensive on the designer's site and that it was about $50 less on other sites. You can find some good bargains here, but you need to dig around more then you used to. It is important to do your research before making a purchse, too. Check the prices and make sure you aren't paying too much or that you can't get a better deal somewhere else.

Overpriced site

I shopped on gilt.com when looking for a present for my wife (I ended up getting her a new pair of shoes). But the design of the site was poor, many items were out of stock, and the items they have are way overpriced. For a splurge present, it worked out ok, but I do not plan to keep shopping there. Ease of Use One of the biggest things that bothers me about a store website is when they automatically take you to a page to sign up for their "exclusive offers" and enter your personal information so that they can send you promotional emails before you have even shopped on their site. Gilt.com is one of these sites that did this, and it almost turned me off to buying anything from them. The only reason I entered my information and continued was that I had received a good recommendation from a friend for their site. Sadly, I will not be passing that same recommendation on to others. Customer Service I did have a couple questions about the shoes that I was purchasing, and customer service was very helpful in answering them quickly and accurately.

false

Stay away from furniture items

Ordered a patio set over two months ago and have still not received it. I was supposed to receive it a week after my order, but the shipper (homedirectusa) lost a part of the shipment. Now my order is sitting in limbo. Nine conversations with Gilt and they still have no resolution and no anticipated shipment date. I asked for a refund and they refused saying they don't issue refunds. This is the first company I have dealt with that takes no responsibility for their shippers. My next step is to take this up with my credit card company.

Gilt.com