3.7

Cons

Third foods rock.

from Florida

Comments about Gerber 3rd Foods:

I bought a bunch of jars of the third foods that Gerber makes before we fully introduced my niece to table food. The chunkyness of the third food jarred food helps get your little on fully adjusted to chunkier foods, and less liquified and mushy food. While we didn't use them for very long, they were great while we did use them. The flavor variety is well expanded from just the second foods, getting your little one not only used to the texture but the more complex flavors of adult foods.

The varieties are great, the prices are good, and because they are in bigger jars they keep baby's tummy full for longer.

Quality of Ingredients
The quality of ingredients in Gerber's third foods are like all the other Gerber made foods. They are the highest quality of ingredients, and they are just what baby's sensitive and still developing tummy need in order to stay happy and healthy.

Safety
Third foods are great for older babies who are just about ready for table foods, they aren't safe for younger babies.

Gerber third foods

Comments about Gerber 3rd Foods:

The only Gerber 3rd foods my son would eat was the fruits. They gave enough food in the jar to keep him satisfied for 2 to 3 hours. My sons favorites was apples and bananas mixed with cereal and strawberry banana. My son hated all the meet flavor baby food. I couldn't get him to eat it at all. He spit it out everytime. I honestly don't blame him for not wanting to eat it. The baby food other than the fruit, smelled horrible. My son was only fed Gerber third foods for a few months, before we started giving him easy to eat real food. I honestly don't think there is anything wrong with feeding your baby Gerber baby food but after they get a good amount of teeth, I believe it's a good idea to introduce regular food. I still fed my son Gerber third food fruits at lunch time but that was the only time. He ate the fruits baby food up until he turned 10 months and then I started making food he can eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Gerber gives your baby important nutrition that their little bodies need to grow big and healthy. Just make sure you still give them all the right nutrition they need when deciding to switch them to regular food full time.

• Safety:

I love the variety of Gerber 3rd Foods available!

from Camp Lejeune, NC

Comments about Gerber 3rd Foods:

The selection of chunky (stage 3) baby food is sometimes hard to come by. I guess some babies don't eat baby food once they can chew the texture of food that comes in stage 3 baby food, but I loved the convenience of **Gerber 3rd Foods**, so I fed this to my son even when he was beginning to eat real solids. It is so convenient to throw a jar of this food in your diaper bag and have food ready-to-go as soon as your baby gets hungry and fussy. Plus, my son enjoyed eating these and since he's a fussy eater, I wasn't about to take them away just because he was able to chew heartier foods.

Quality of Ingredients
My favorite 3rd stage baby food was Earth's Best, but I couldn't find very many varieties and didn't want to feed my son the same meal over and over again, so I would switch it up by adding some Gerber 3rd Foods into the routine. There is a large variety of Gerber 3rd Foods, so I could find breakfasts, beef entrees, chicken entrees, turkey entrees and everything in between. I never tasted them, but I have to admit, some of them smelled really good!

Safety
Even though Gerber 3rd Foods are chunkier than 2nd Foods, the size of the chunks and the texture of the baby food was still very safe for little ones.

• Safety:

Gerber 3rd foods are a great step before table foods.

from Wilmington, OH

Comments about Gerber 3rd Foods:

Gerber 3rd foods are great foods for baby when they are not quite ready for table foods.

I feed both of my girls Gerber foods and I found it extremely helpful as they transitioned to table food.  My youngest had a really hard time transitioning to table food, and it was reassuring to know she was still getting what she needed through Gerber’s 3rd foods.

One of the best things about Gerber 3rd foods is that they have so many options.  Some options are Oatmeal with Apples and Cinnamon or Oatmeal with Apples and Bananas.  Some fruit options:   Bananas, Pears, Bananas and Strawberries.  Some vegetables options include:  sweet potatoes, broccoli and carrots in cheese, squash, and green beans. Meat options:  Spaghetti in meat sauce, Lasagna in meat sauce, Chicken Noodle, Mixed Vegetables and Beef, Mixed Vegetables and Chicken.

The down side of Gerber 3rd foods is that it can get expensive.  While you need them they are great, but you’ll definitely want to transition to table food as soon as your little one is ready!

Nice transition food before small table food.

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Gerber 3rd Foods:

Gerber 3rd Foods are a nice transition food before small table food. We bought a handlful of these for our son around his first birthday, and he was a big texture baby. He didn't like the feel of the different cuts of fruit and vegetables in his mouth when we fed him the Gerber 3rd Foods. On a few occasions he actually spit up and out the majority of what he had taken in.

The Gerber 3rd Foods were a bit different from what we expected. The textures are way different from the Gerber 2nd Foods, and even more so than the Gerber 1st Foods. Our son would eat almost anything vegetable, and a majority of the fruits in both the Gerber 1st and Gerber 2nd Foods, but not so much with the Gerber 3rd Foods. It was a bit of a shock to see how quickly the foods got thicker and more texturized as our sone moved his way through the stages. After a few bouts of spitting up everything from the jar and his little belly, we moved on to small, soft table foods.

Good sometimes... or if you want an oompa loompa baby

from Brookfield, IL

Comments about Gerber 3rd Foods:

This review is ONLY about the 3rd Stage dinner (chicken and veggies, roast beef and veggies, spaghetti, etc.). As a paranoid, busy, begginner mom I wasn't comfortable giving my son table food until way after he should have started. Because of this I relied heavily on these dinners. He is a big eater so I would give him 1 of these dinners and 1 of the stage 1 or 2 fruits for every meal (besides his first and last, in which he got a bottle). After 2 pediatricians pointed out to me that my son was orange and probably eating too many carrots I looked at the packaging and found that EVERY one of them has carrots as the main ingredient (second only to water)... even the spaghetti and the lasagna!!! Now I am sure that for other moms that are only using these to supplement their meals these were fine. However, I do wish Gerber could have found some other veggies to put in these meals that the kids could learn to chew with. I would recommend these meals only in small quantities.