3.5

3.5

Great Laptop.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Gateway NV55C11u 15.6-Inch Laptop:

We were in the market for a new laptop that I could take with me to work while I was waiting for my other one to be fixed by the company that I work for. I found this laptop for a great price and I fell in love with the fact that it is red, I love the color on it and that it makes it more interesting looking and something that was not boring. I have actually been so impressed with this laptop and now keep it at home for home use. This laptop works well, is actually very fast and is super reliable. I have never had any problems with it and it always performs the way that I want and expect it to. Many cheaper laptops slow down a lot after time but this laptop is still very quick with its response time and does anything that I ask of it without any problems. The battery lasts a long time on this unit, if I am constantly using it without it plugged in I get about six good hours on it for regular work and about four if my kids are playing games or watching a movie on it. This laptop completely changed my mind about the quality of Gateway laptops.

• Battery Life:
  • Support & Service:
  • Speed/Performance:

2 Gateway laptops died in 2 years

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Gateway NV55C11u 15.6-Inch Laptop:

I loved, LOVED, my red Gateway laptop while it worked. It was beautiful and had all the features I needed. It worked great until one day when it started overheating and doing all sorts of funny things. I took it in, as it was under warranty since it had only been a year since I purchased it. After nearly 2 months, the store finally said they couldn't repair it and they provided me with another Gateway laptop. Almsot immediately that laptop started malfunctioning as well. The store where I had to take it for repair was clear on the other side of town, so I made the computer last as long as I could, but before the year was out, I was back in the repair shop with my 2nd lemon of a Gateway laptop in less than 2 years.  It has been 4 months now and the repair shop still can't get it fixed. If they offer me a replacement I will not be getting another Gateway. I love their look, their price, and their features, but they die too quickly.