Other Shampoos:
Garnier Fructis Length & Strength Shampoo

Garnier Fructis Length & Strength Shampoo

Pros

Cons

Garnier Fructis Length&Strength shampoo saved my hair!

I moved to the country several years ago, and have very hard well water.  I noticed that over the years my long hair seemed to be getting shorter and shorter, probably from the combination of drying out from the hard water, and split ends.  I tried the Garnier Fructis Length&Strength shampoo, and I definitly started to see results. My hair was less brittle, more shiney, and did start to grow longer again. Not that I scientifically measured the length of my hair, but I would say I did gain about 4 inches back that I had lost over the years, and had a lot of trouble growing back using other regular shampoos.  I would recommend using Garnier Fructis Length&Strength conditioner with the shampoo for added strengthening and moisturizing to hair.  Using both products makes my hair feel very silky! General care is still needed for hair, like a trim every so often, to fight against split ends.  All in all I am very happy with this product and have been pretty much strictly using it for almost a year now.

Garnier Fructis is good for short term use, but leaves build-up.

Garnier Fructis was my favorite shampoo for many years. It did help my hair to grow longer, and stronger. However, every time that I went to a salon for a haircut, they would scold me for the build up in my hair. Finally, one shampooist asked me what shampoo I was using. I told her that I was using Garnier, and she wasn't too happy. Apparently Garnier leaves a residue on your hair over a period of time. At first I thought that the people at the salon just wanted me to buy their products. So to test it out, I bought and washed my hair with a slightly higher priced shampoo, and went back to the salon. They were instantly able to tell the difference, and said that the build-up in my hair was gone. Although I don't like what it leaves on my hair, Garnier Fructis shampoo has many good attributes as well. It leaves my hair shiny and soft, and very manageable. It also smells very good, and many people have mistaken the scent of my shampoo for a perfume. I would reccomend this product.

Good shampoo for long hair.

Comments about Garnier Fructis Length & Strength Shampoo:

I have really long and thick hair so this shampoo works well for me. I bought it when I was looking for something to keep my hair strong even with the length. This product worked great for me. It really helps strengthen your hair and keep it from breaking. It also helps your ends look healthy and strong. My hair responded really well to it. I would highly recommend this to anyone with long hair looking to strengthen it. It will help it look healthy and strong.

This shampoo was incredibly effective in my hair. It lived up to what it promised that it would do. It made my hair look really long and helped it be healthy. It definitely felt stronger and I had less damage while I was using it. I think the performance is great and it lives up to its name.

The scent is great. It is even better when you pair it with the conditioner. I get compliments frequently when I use it. It is great!

made the porosity of my hair a lot stronger

Comments about Garnier Fructis Length & Strength Shampoo:

My hair is really damaged and I've used a lot of chemicals and colors in my hair, so the texture of my hair is damaged. My hair is very brittle and coarse so I have to take really good care of my hair. I used this Garnier Fructis length and strength shampoo and it was so amazing. It made my hair a lot stronger and my hair didn't feel as brittle as it did before. My hair felt a lot healthier and looked shinier too. My hair didn't feel as damaged, it felt softer and smoother. My hair grows fast so knowing my ends almost felt the same as the new growth means my hair is in better condition. I love the scent of this shampoo it smells like citrus fruits and it lasts in my hair all day. This shampoo is very gentle to my color meaning it didn't strip out my color or make my color run in the shower. The texture of this shampoo is really thick and it lathers very well deep cleaning my hair from root to tip without it being too heavy. I like how it didn't leave me with that greasy feel and how it was just lightweight to my hair. I would recommend this shampoo to anybody who wants there strength back. It makes hair less damaged and brittle.

I feel that this is worth the money

Comments about Garnier Fructis Length & Strength Shampoo:

It gets hair clean and makes hair smell really nice. It has a subtle refreshing citrus fragrance that lingers for a long time. It's probably an okay shampoo for people who have a little damage to their hair. I washed my hair with it, there is no way on earth I could have possibly combed my hair without conditioning it a lot first. I could feel my hair tangling while I was washing it.

My hair breaks off all the time. When I brush my hair it fills up the brushwith pieces of my hair. When i stated using Garnier Fructis I immediatly saw a difference.But, again I had to use conditioner. Now, I was going to buy some of the expensive salon brands but, I'm glad I picked this up from the store.I have noticed that my hair has started to grow some in the past few months which is wonderful being that it breaks and falls out.

I love the citrus scent to this product. I wonder if they could make more options to other scented shampoo I would try that as well.

Ok for the price: feels like mayo, smells like fruit salad

Comments about Garnier Fructis Length & Strength Shampoo:

I used this shampoo for a few years but my hairdresser convinced me to upgrade. It smells great, and it has a thick, creamy texture. But it isn't very good for my hair. It leaves it dry, and does not really repair damage like the commercial makes one think. I like the bright green packaging, it isn't too girly, but it's easy to pour out too much, and difficult to get out the last few globs of shampoo. Once you pop off the entire plastic top, it won't ever pop back on correctly. Also water gathers in the cap if you leave it in the shower. And this bottle doesn't always stay standing. Many times it has fallen into the tub and made a terrible clammer. I only bought this product when I was too broke to afford better, but it was better than other products in my price range. I like that it uses a few natural ingredients. But it's also got a few ingredients known for stripping hair of their natural oils.

clean hair without nasty residue

from Millstadt, IL

Comments about Garnier Fructis Length & Strength Shampoo:

I like Garnier Fructis in general. Now as for the length and strength part of the shampoo I don't know if that part actually makes my hair any lengthier or strengthier. But I do know that it makes my hair super shiny and soft. Garnier also seems to tame the frizz and flyaways, even in the summer months when it is more humid outside. It also smells great too. I like that unlike some other shampoos on the market, Garnier never leaves my hair feeling like is has so nasty residue left in it. Like when all the soap doesn't come out.

Fairly effective shampoo. It leaves my hair soft and silky with less frizz and fly-aways than other leading shampoos. Garnier also helps my hair feel clean and not residue filled after I get out of the shower.

I love the way Garnier smells! It's definantly a yummy, fruity smell. It isn't overpowering however it can still be smelled throughout the day.

Great for reducing breakage and getting back healthy hair!

Comments about Garnier Fructis Length & Strength Shampoo:

My hair is really thin and brittle and breaks off easily, especially when I brush it or shampoo and condition too vigorously, I usually end up with handfuls of hair and it's saddening. Since I started using Garnier Fructis Length and Strength Shampoo I've seen such a big change in the condition of my hair! It's softer, it doesn't fall out or break as much, it's actually growing (which is great for me because my hair is stubborn and just doesn't grow long) and the scent from the shampoo stays in my hair all day so it always smells great! I would definitely recommend this to anyone with short, brittle, or breaking hair, it is wonderful

Really Like

from USA, Indiana

Comments about Garnier Fructis Length & Strength Shampoo:

I like to to try different hair care products from time to time. I was curious to try garnier fructis length and strength shampoo. I was hoping for at least ok results but I ended up with great results.

I have relaxed hair and worry about the possible damages that are being done to my hair. I try to find shampoo's that won't strip my hair of oils, yet clean and lock moisture in my hair.

After a couple uses of this shampoo I noticed my hair felt soft and was very manageable. I had very little tangles throughout my hair. While drying my hair, I had shine to my hair and it had the appearance of health.

During the summer months, I typically notice my hair will look very frizzy. Since I have been using this shampoo, I notice a major difference in the frizzy appearance in my hair. My hair has a smooth, put together appearance. Overall my hair looks healthier than it has before. I am very pleased with the results I am having.

I really like this shampoo and will try more products by this brand.

Good ordinary shampoo

Comments about Garnier Fructis Length & Strength Shampoo:

Garnier Fructis makes a number of good shampoos, including the length and strength shampoo. Like their other shampoos, this one is pretty run of the mill in my opinion. It's certainly not a bad product, but it doesn't stand out as anything really special.

I can't give this shampoo too high of a rating for effectiveness mostly because of how exaggerated the advertising was. This shampoo got my hair nice and clean like most average price range shampoos do, but I definitely did not notice any remarkable increase in the strength of my hair. It was probably a little gentler on the hair than some and so prevented damage better, but I am very skeptical of any claims that it will make your hair super strong. I personally am unconvinced that putting something on the outside of a hair which is no longer living anyway, which you them rinse off, is going to do all that much.

Scent was quite nice. I would definitely associate the smell of this shampoo with the smell of clean and fresh.

Will never buy again.

Comments about Garnier Fructis Length & Strength Shampoo:

Do not buy the garnier fructis length and strength shampoo. I have very long hair and it is very damaged and fragile. This shampoo pretty much made my hair fall out in the shower and it caused my scalp to break out really bad. I am not going to use garnier fructis shampoo or other hair products ever again.

It's good but won't buy it again.

Comments about Garnier Fructis Length & Strength Shampoo:

I make it a habit of switching shampoos once in a while due to climate, lifestyle changes, changes in health, and product build up. I tried this shampoo because it was the only one on the shelf at the location where I had to shop. While it's satisfactory, it's far from my favorite. I thought I would like it better since I love the leave in conditioner line they have.

I've learned not to take into account what a shampoo bottle says it does. After using this I saw no changes in the makeup of my hair. There was no reduction in split ends, no improvement in thickness. Oddly enough, it made my hair tangle as I washed it much more than even the cheapest shampoos I've used in a pinch and the cheaper shampoos even made my hair feel smoother once in dried.

My friend has a pixie cut and she loves this shampoo so perhaps I should chalk up my bad experience to the fact I have longer hair than most people.

It cleans your hair just as it's supposed to.

There's nothing particularly wonderful about the smell. I don't smell any citrus that people talk about smelling. It's just an average shampoo smell.