3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

beautiful hair

I love Garnier Fructis Hair Products. I can never say enough praise for the brand. I love all the many different types. The Curl Sculpting Cream makes my hair look fabulous. I bought it for when I need and want my hair to curl and for the curls to look and stay perfect. I have a really special date this weekend and I will be styling my hair with this product. I trust it to work because it has never let me down before. It makes my curls so soft and not sticky but keeps the style in and lasts for all day long. I use it even though I have straight hair, It works on any way I style my hair. It is not heavy or thick.

I love the smell. Garniers smell and fragrance is one of the things I love best about its products. I think that might be what hooked me on them. It makes my hair smell so pretty. And the scent stays in my hair not just when I wash and style it. I always get so many compliments on it too. That makes me feel so good and I always tell them that I use Garnier Fructis hair products on my hair.

I bought my products on sale. Great price. I am very thrifty. I love saving money. The prices are always good. I love that too.

I highly recommend these products.

More cream than gel more wave than curl

I am a wash and go kind of mom. Since I have curly hair I can usually get away with it when I use good products.  Recently I was a little low on time and tired of shopping to find the John Freida curling gel that I prefer so I picked up the **Garnier Fructis Curl Sculpting Cream Gel. **

***What I like about Garnier Fructis Curl Scultping Cream Gel:***

- not as expensive as other curl gels

- a little goes a long way

- good for my straight style too

***What I don't like about Garnier Fructis Curl Sculpting Cream Gel: ***

- too creamy - it makes my hair go flat and not curly at all but semi - wavy

- feels awful in my hair and my hand

- I hate the way my hair feels when I wash it you can feel all that cream when you get your hair wet

- takes longer to blow my hair dry (I think it's holding in moisture)

**Garnier Fructis Curl Scultping Cream Gel** is less expensive than the salon brands on John Freida products I like. It is also easier to find. But I simply can't use it every day or it weighs my hair down finally leaving it with no curl at all and easily frizzed. I can use it here and there, but not a to do my hair on a regular basis. I'll finish the tube, but doubt I'll buy it again.

A life-saver!

from Santa Cruz, CA

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Affordable
  • Easily Found
  • Easy To Use
  • Gentle
  • Long-Lasting

Cons

• Curly Hair
    • Wash-and-go
    • Wavy hair

Comments about Garnier Fructis Curl Sculpting Cream-Gel:

This is just the thing for my natural, tousled waves. I have chin-length, very thick, wavy layers, and less than a dime-size dab will do the trick, so one tube goes a long way. It absorbs quickly, has a very light scent, and I can finger style and go, which is important to me! Readily found at chain drugstores, it's a great price, easy to find and - ta-da - so, so, SO often part of a store's promo/savings option! The only drawback I've found is it doesn't do a great "second day curl," (just wet my hair the next morning and go). My hair is naturally a bit oily, and after 24 hours, product plus Nature weighs my hair down a bit.

Really good! Could do better defining curls though.

Comments about Garnier Fructis Curl Sculpting Cream-Gel:

I have naturally very curly hair. I can't however just let my hair air dry most of the time because I will have some really defined curls and the rest is frizzy. I bought this product a few weeks ago and I'm pretty pleased with it. It defines my curls well (not as well as some others but good enough), and helps keep the frizz down. Another good aspect of the product is that unlike most mousses and some gels, it doesn't harden your hair as if you used strong hair spray on it. Also, some gels and mousses leave your hands feeling sticky, this does not do that.
    I was overall pretty satisfied with the product. I gave it an 8 because it could be better in defining my curls. I didn't give it any lower of a rating however because it does a well enough job, is light, and has the added bonus of smelling amazing!

Great product that does not make my hair hard

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Garnier Fructis Curl Sculpting Cream-Gel:

I have fine, thin hair that has natural curls. I usually do not wear my hair with the curls, I tend to wear it straight since I cannot seem to find a product that will not make my curls look frizzy. I tried this product since I am a fan of Garnier hair products and it worked perfect. It was just what I was looking for. It helped control my frizz, made them look great without weighing down my hair. I only need a dime sized amount to really work well in my hair. I put it on right when I get out of the shower and my hair is really well. I let it air dry for about 30 minutes while I am doing my makeup, and then blow dry my hair on low to give it some bounce. My hair looks great when I use this product and now I tend to wear my hair with my natural curls. I love the way this product smells too. It has a light, fresh scent that really makes your hair smell great throughout the day. I would highly recommend this product for people that struggle with curls and frizz.

Effective and easy to use product

Comments about Garnier Fructis Curl Sculpting Cream-Gel:

I am a fan of this product. It works excellently. There are no faults or problems with it. It holds curl all day, whiteout being to heavy. It dries pretty quickly, too. It is sticky, but that's expected with a product like this. If you haven't used it, I would suggest you give it a try.

Reduces frizz, but not really sculpting...

Comments about Garnier Fructis Curl Sculpting Cream-Gel:

Based on the name, I was expecting Garnier Fructis Curl Sculpting Cream-Gel to have a creamy (not sticky) texture, to reduce flyaways and to provide definition for my curls. I was hoping that I could use it alone, rather than using an anti-frizz cream/serum and a separate styling gel. Unfortunately, only two of these are true.

First, the positives: it is more of a cream than a gel, so it goes on pretty evenly, it smooths hair to reduce frizz and it has a pleasant, fruity smell. On the negative side, if I used enough to avoid using styling gel, it made my hair feel a bit limp, but if I only used a little, it didn't have enough hold to really sculpt my curls to help them keep their shape all day long. In the end, I started using Garnier Fructis Curl Sculpting Cream-Gel with my regular styling gel, and it worked pretty well as an anti-frizz base layer (but not well enough to replace any of my usual go-to products).

Great product for soft, bouncy and frizz-free curls.

Comments about Garnier Fructis Curl Sculpting Cream-Gel:

I really like the Garnier Fructis Curl Sculpting Cream-Gel. I have long, thick and naturally curly hair. My biggest problems are frizz and dry hair. I used to use a combination of gel and mousse to try to tame the frizz but keep my hair touchable and soft, which never worked that well. I will never go back to using a regular gel on my hair again.

This cream provides all the smooth, frizz-free hold of a gel without the crunchy or stiff hair. I like this better than most mousse as well because you get the soft, bouncy and touchable curls like with a mousse but with better hold, curl definition and frizz control. So no more need for two products to get the desired results. It is light-weight so it does not weigh my hair down. And it is not sticky or greasy. It does not leave my fingers feeling sticky after touching my hair once it is dry. The fragrance is just okay, I do wish it was a little more floral but it's not too strong of a scent and does not have a chemical smell. If you have hair like mine and want frizz-free, bouncy curls then you should try this product.

This is a good product for overnight twists in natural hair.

Comments about Garnier Fructis Curl Sculpting Cream-Gel:

As a black woman with natural hair, I need a product that can help define my curls without looking overdone. I was a little skeptical about this product at first, but I actually like the way it makes my curls look. I use it for overnight twist outs, and my hair looks great in the morning. I put it on my wet hair at night, and if my hair is still damp when I take the twists out in the morning, I add a little more. The best part about this product is that it's so lightweight, you can use it for smooth styles and messier more mane-like styles. It doesn't make your hair stick together like ecostyler gels can, and it doesn't weigh your hair down. In my personal opinion, this product is best suited to twist outs. I have tried it for wash and go styles, but it just doesn't work as well. I'll also say that this isn't necessarily a stand alone product. Depending on your preference, you might want to add other products to address flyaway strands. Because this product contains alcohol, you should definitely add oil to your hair somewhere along the process. All in all, this is a good, inexpensive addition to any natural hair care regimen.

Not as good as expected

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Garnier Fructis Curl Sculpting Cream-Gel:

I have used several of Garnier Fructis's products, mainly their shampoo and conditioner though. I have very long, down my back naturally curly hair. I usually use gel and hairspray on it while it's still wet and that has always worked best for me. I don't mind my curls being a little hard after spraying it, That way by the time I leave the house it will have loosened up a bit and will keep the curls in place. But I am a sucker for advertising and trying new products. I bought this mainly because I was curious how a product could be both a cream and a gel. After using it I think they should have left the cream description out of the name. It's gel. And it has a very strong alcohol smell to it. I experimented with different amounts in my hair, but it just made my curls look lifeless. My hair is already very long and the length weighs it down a bit. So I need a product that shapes and holds my curls in place without weighing them down. This was not the product for me.

Doesn't do much

Comments about Garnier Fructis Curl Sculpting Cream-Gel:

I was really excited to try the garnier fructis curl sculpting cream gel because I love garnier fructis products so much. First off I can smell a garnier product anywhere, they have such a distinct scent with all their products, I love it. The consistency of this is more of a cream than a gel, it reminds me more of a leave in conditioner. I feel like I need to use practically the whole bottle, which isn't very big by the way. When I use an actual gel, even a mousse I feel it working in my hair, I can know that it's gonna hold my hair. With this I don't feel very confident it's going to do much for my hair, it's just like an extra unnecessary product for my hair, which I don't like because I try to use as less product in my hair as possible. The few times I have used this it feels like nothing is in my hair, which is great if the product actually did something. Maybe if my hair wasn't so thick I could see a difference.

Great to make your hair curlier

Comments about Garnier Fructis Curl Sculpting Cream-Gel:

Overall I like this spray gel product. It makes my somewhat wavy, though very frizzy hair have some curl to it. And with a diffuser I really like the look this gel gives my hair! The price is pretty reasonable-I'm not one to buy really expensive hair products though. I think this gel goes further when I put it in my hair with my hands though instead of using as a spray as it's intended. I have to use a lot more when I spray it on. I also think the bottle doesn't last quite as long as I'd like it to. Overall, I like it because it makes my frizzy hair more manageable, especially in the summer. I have never used other Garnier hair products and wonder if it might work even better with a curl-sculpting shampoo. This product is also a time-saver for me and gives me a low-maintenance way to style my hair. I also sometimes have trouble with the spritzer with the gel being difficult to spray after a while. Overall, good product though!