Other Kitchen Ranges:

GE Freestanding Gas Range

Amazing stove

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about GE Freestanding Gas Range:

This is an excellent gas stove that has high quality looking

Temperature Control
The temperature control on this range is easy to understand and control. It even has a cooking timer which you can set to help you thoroughly cook your food without over cooking it.

Heat Distribution
Sometimes the heat distribution can seem a bit uneven on the same size burners.

The stove has a great durability, but I wish the actual burners wouldn't scratch or chip so easy especially since it is a pretty expensive item.

The design was the selling point for me when I decided on my purchase. It looks expensive and of excellent quality, which in turn gives my kitchen an upscale, classy and very expensive look! I love it!

My stove has a self cleaning option which not only saves me time but also saves my energy! The oven has a light that also allows you to see what is happening while you are baking, thus allowing you the opportunity to quickly clean any spills before they get hard and stick.

• Temperature Control:
  • Heat Distribution:

Not please with performance !

from Placitas, NM

Comments about GE Freestanding Gas Range:

It's hard to cook anything evenly on this unit. In order for the over to cook anything large ( roast, ham,turkey ) you need to cook it 15 minutes to 20 minutes longer than it calls for. The control knobs set to the lowest position is still too high of a flame to simmer anything.

Temperature Control
cannot control heat property.

self cleaning oven.

• Temperature Control:
  • Heat Distribution:

A cooks dream come true!

from Thousand Oaks, CA

Comments about GE Freestanding Gas Range:

I absolutely LOVE my GE Profile gas range with double convection ovens!  This is the second home that I have owned it in.  When we moved a few months ago and I have to leave my recently purchased appliances for the buyers of our old house my husband promised that we would replace the appliances in our new home immediately with the same GE Profiles that we had.  That's how much I love them.  The range is really a dream come true for me I am not sure what more I could ask of a range.  The bottom drawer is actually a lower oven, not just a warming drawer and comes in very handy for cooking items such as rolls or desserts while I am cooking a main course in the main oven.  I was worried at first about using convection to cook with but have found it very easy to adjust to.  In fact I still set the oven for the same old temps I used to cook at and it automatically adjusts to the lower temperature for me.  Simple!  There are just a couple of recipes that I have found that I do not like to use convection heat with but no worries....with this oven you can choose to use conventional heat as well.  I love the range and find it easy to clean.  My husband loves the griddle so much that he has learned to make pancakes!  It really is a miracle range!  I would highly recommend this product and in fact do so quite frequently to anyone who asks.

Can heat up pizza like nobody's business!

from Round Rock, TX

Comments about GE Freestanding Gas Range:

My husband and I purchased this GE Gas Range when we decided to renovate our old tired kitchen. We purchased 2 other GE stainless steel items to match as well. I chose stainless steel because I love the look of a kitchen with granite and stainless steel appliances. I also had to purchase another gas range, not only because that is what our house is hooked up for, but because I enjoy cooking with gas as opposed to electric. This GE appliance has been wonderful the past 2 years that we have had it. I probably don't use it as much as I should nor as much as I told my husband I would use it if we paid good money to renovate our kitchen. But it does look good sitting there! We are big GE fans in this house and still have a side by side GE Fridge in the garage that we purchased roughly 14 years ago. I have had only one issue that I encountered that I don't remember having issues with our previous gas range.  My daughter must have bumped the knob from the stove when reaching for something out of the microwave that is above the range. Just that little bump caused the knob to turn just the slightest. There were no flames, so we didn't notice that it had been bumped until we smelled gas. I know when my children were smaller I removed the knobs on my range so that little fingers and inquiring minds couldn't turn it on. I didn't know that a simple bump could turn it on. Just wanted to comment to always be careful not to bump the knobs.

great cooking

from Nyack, NY

Comments about GE Freestanding Gas Range:

this range is so easy to keep clean, and this coming from a family that cooks everyday.  we rarely eat out, and yet our kitchen looks like we never cook.  this is a great range, and heats well, and fast.  we have family who have those more modern, expensive ranges, and they are complicated and don't have a natural feel.  it takes a long time to heat up, and requires special pans for those modern ones.  this one is just like the oldies, but modern without the new problems.  it is a great balance.  it was on sale, and we have it in our budget to get this namebrand, but i would recommend it to anyone.  lesser models will only give headaches.  this range has been a great addition to an old kitchen.  we will likely use it for years to come.  we cook using all the burners at once, and have no problem with overheating, as we have had in the past.  i also find it attractive in design, matching our kitchen well.

I absolutely love this stove its great

from Mesquite, TX

Comments about GE Freestanding Gas Range:

**The GE Adoria gas stove is really great. I like the griddle I use it all the time for making pancakes and cooking bacon or just about anything. The burners are big enough for big pots and it has one burner that can boil water in just minutes. the oven is a good size also,and it is self cleaning. It can also be programed to cook by a timer its great for when we go to church I can put something in and it will be done when we come home. I would highly recomend it to anyone,family or friends.**