Other Kitchen Ranges:

GE Free-Standing Electric Double Oven Range

Pros

Cons

• Heat Distribution:

So far I love this oven/stove

Comments about GE Free-Standing Electric Double Oven Range:

I have never had a double oven before and so far I love it a lot! We bought a house with an ancient range, so we replaced it with this about 3 months ago. My favorite part is that most things I bake can be cooked in the upper (smaller) oven, saving electricity. But when I need to cook multiple things, or something larger, it can go in the bottom oven!

Temperature Control
The top oven runs a little hotter than it says, but as long as you keep a close eye on things, or drop the temperature just a little bit, it's not really a major issue.

Heat Distribution
So far I have not had any problems with the items I cook being unevenly cooked. Everything comes out perfectly!

We have only had the oven for 3 months, but many times I have spilled things or "cooked" things onto the ceramic stove top. I was certain that I ruined it, however, it has come clean every time by scraping and/or using ceramic cooktop cleaner.

I love the design and how well the oven works. My only complaint is that there is a spot near the top/back of the stove top where steam comes out when you are baking in the oven. If you have a pot or tea kettle or anything near that spot, water builds up and makes a little puddle.

I have not had any problems cleaning the inside or outside of the oven, or the stovetop, Everything comes very clean with ceramic cook top cleaner!

The Free Standing Electric Double oven From GE

Comments about GE Free-Standing Electric Double Oven Range:

This oven was delivered to me two weeks ago. I have cooked roughly ten meals in it, and it seems to preheat quickly. This is useful so that I am not spending the extra time in the kitchen when I don't need to. I can cook multiple items at different temperatures, and I enjoy the ease of use. The only thing that I see as a hindrance is that there is nowhere to store below my pots and pans for the oven and the stove. Having a small kitchen to begin with, it is difficult to not have this amenity, but I do enjoy the quality and style of the oven nonetheless. The stainless steel and black look more professional than a bisque or white in my home.

I love my little oven!

from Lexington, NC

Comments about GE Free-Standing Electric Double Oven Range:

The GE Free-Standing Electric Double Oven Range is a wonderful investment. I can't imagine how much money I've saved by using the little oven. I bought it last year, and immediately noticed a lower electric bill. One reason is that I can fit 80% of what I bake in the smaller, more energy-efficient oven. It bakes evenly and beeps to let you know when you've reached the desired temperature. The cooktop is also very nice with several different sizes to use according to pot or pan size. It is a little harder to clean than other ranges I've owned, but it's worth it, and it makes me more careful not to spill.

Temperature Control
allows precise temperature imput

Heat Distribution
bakes and cooks evenly

I've only had it about a year, but it's holding up nicely.

I love the stainless steel and the black ceramic cook-top. It's a very sleek design.

The ovens are extremely easy to clean. The cooktop is a little harder and requires a special cleanser.