Other Kitchen Ranges:

Frigidaire Freestanding Gas Range

Pros

Cons

• Heat Distribution:

I love my new frigidaire gas range/convection oven.

*I recently decided to upgrade my kitchen appliances. We were not sure what brand to go with but stumbled upon a great package deal on Frigidaire's gallery series. as it turns out I'm glad we did, the range is the best part of all. I love the oven for roasting poultry,it holds just about  any size bird easily. You can also fit a few side dishes in with the meat as your cooking it. The top burners are fast and effortless to clean. No more trying to get the food and crumbs out from under the top of the range, it's all one piece. The middle burner is great for using a griddle or for making alot of pancakes and such.If your looking to make some changes to you drab out of date kitchen I would look into the Frigidaire's gallery series.I wouldn't part with it for anything.*

Decent Gas Stove but hard to clean and has needed repairs!

We have had this stove for a few years and after the first year it required a new computer being put into it after the timer and oven controls stopped working (it was the week before Thanksgiving). Currently the middle burner which is also a griddle is broken and our warranty ran out a day after it broke. This stove is very hard to clean. It doesn't take much to have it look crusty. You can scrub for an hour and still not remove all the grimy sludge that develops on the stove top. Two of the burners are high powered and work great the other two are "simmer" burners and are useless. I'm not sure why they included simmer burners when all burners have simmer mode just by turning it down to 2 or 3. I think this is cheesy. I love the convection feature but beware there is no automatic temp. conversion on this model so I almost never use it. I wish I would have sent the extra money and bought a unit with this feature. I think the oven part cooks too well and burns things easily. Its hard to get used to. Overall I am not 100% happy with this purchase. I would not recommend this product to others.

Temperature Control
I think the temp. controls on this oven are not accurate. The stovetop cooks way to high and burns things easily as does the oven. It makes it very hard to cook and bake as I am always trying to adjust recipes to fit this testy oven/stove.

Heat Distribution
This is a great warm up oven. It even has a warm up feature. I am not a fan of how hot it runs but heating up is another thing.

We had to get service on this oven in a years time after the initial purchase. It was a major issue to the computer was borken and it caused the oven controls not to function. We were not happy about this. Most recently our middle burner broke (one that can be used as a griddle) and it sits wasted. We won't be getting it fixed since we found out the warranty expired the day before this happened. How convenient for them!

This is a beautiful looking stove/oven until the top of it gets all grimy. Its inevitable. It doesn't matter how much you clean it, it will end up looking crusty!

Its very hard to clean this stove! The oven of course has its own self cleaning feature which is awesome but the stove top is a whole other story. It gets so bumpy and crusty with food and even cleaning it asap doesn't help remove all of it. I miss my flat top ceramic stove!

Overall decent oven

from Alabama

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Easy To Clean
  • Heats Up Quickly

Cons

• Baking
    • Larger Kitchens
    • Sauteing
    • Smaller Kitchens

Comments about Frigidaire Freestanding Gas Range:

I bought this Frigidaire Freestanding Gas Range stove/oven for our house about 2 years ago, and I have to say that I am pretty satisfied with this purchase. It has worked well, and I cook my meals with this stove/oven about four - five nights every week. It has held up fine, and I have no complaints about its performance. It is no easier or harder to clean than the next average stove/oven, and it heats about as well as any other stove/oven of similar quality. And it also has a nice, attractive, sleek design, which is a plus as I take pride in the appearance of my home. I think that it is a nice size for the average family home, whether you have a smaller or larger kitchen. However, I am planning to replace soon because I would prefer to have an electric stove. Nothing against this one, just my preference.

Good Overall

Comments about Frigidaire Freestanding Gas Range:

I purchased this stove as a replacement to my old stove. I liked the look of the stove as well as it having five burners. The middle burner is great because you can use it for a pot as well as switch it to a cast iron griddle that comes with the stove. I found that everything cooks evenly in this stove. I love how it also has three racks in the oven, which allows alot of pans of cookies to be baking at the same time. One thing I would say I do not like is when wiping it down with soap and water, which is suggested it leaves streak marks from wiping it.

Temperature Control
    Everything seems to bake evenly. It also bakes rather quickly which I have to watch my reciepe times.

Heat Distribution
    The air circulates evenly in the oven. The stove top has great control over high and low.

I have young kids who seem to bang into things often and it with holds from any small dents etc.

Love the design of the stove. It looks like stainless steel yet at a low price.

Everything wipes off of the stove very easily. However, I do not like the dirty streak look it leaves as a residue after washing with soap and water.

Fridgidaire stove

from Milwaukee

Comments about Frigidaire Freestanding Gas Range:

I love this stove. My model of this stove has the speed bake button. Well that means it can be a convection oven or a regular oven. I use it on speed bake all the time. Makes me feel like I'm cooking in a commercial convection oven like at work. I can bake on all my racks in the oven when it's on speed bake. I found a 3/4 size commercial sheet pan that fits in that oven. Which is great for when I'm baking cookies around the holidays. I can put 2 pans of cookies in at the same time. Saves time in baking. Oven does have nice even heating. No hot spots. This oven also has a timer on it. Which is great. As I do a lot of cooking. I like that it is a self cleaning oven. I hate using chemical oven cleaners.

Temperature Control
    Easy to turn the temp up or down.

Heat Distribution
    Nice even heat distribution. No hot spots.

I've had it several years now. No problems with my stove. It still works just as well as the day I first bought it.

I gave it a 9 on design. As the only thing I didn't like. The broiler is on the bottom. A little hard for me to bend down these days to use it.

It has a self cleaning oven. Makes cleaning the oven a breeze.

Great stove and range

Comments about Frigidaire Freestanding Gas Range:

I love Frigidaire's gallery series. The stainless finish hides finger prints very well! The oven is very spacious - great when cooking for the holidays or for large groups, but also works well when cooking for only one.Also easy to clean the top burners - no more fighting to get all the crumbs! Also has 5 burners with varying BTU output, so you don't waste gas. Middle burner can be used as a warn=mer or as a griddle - great for cooking bacon or pancakes!

Temperature Control
    Heats food evenly and temperature is accurate

Heat Distribution
    Heats food evenly throughout.

Very durable. I've had the oven/range for almost 2 years, and have never had any problem.

Oven is well designed. It's very spacious. Racks move easily. Self cleaning works well. Range has 5 burners with different BTU output, so when I'm using a small pan, I now have a burner to match, and I don't waste gas/energy! Middle burner can be used as a griddle which is great for cooking pancakes, bacon, sausages, etc.

Range top cleans up very easily - no more fighting to get all the crumbs, as the grills remove easily and the top is all one piece!. Stainless finish hides finger prints

Great Stove!

Comments about Frigidaire Freestanding Gas Range:

We have had this stove for several months now we bought it after our other stove went out...and we love it. We love how it cooks! We cook on it weekly, and it looks well in our kitchen. Nice appliance. Yes I would recommend this for anyone. We hope it lasts longer than our last one.

Frigidaire Gas Range

from Eagle River, AK

Comments about Frigidaire Freestanding Gas Range:

My husband and I would normally pick out own kitchen appliances, but we bought a new home and the builder had already installed them. Our range is made by Frigidaire and is stainless steel and black.

Features:
    •Convection
    •Continuous Grates
    •Auto Oven Shut-Off
    •One-Touch Self Clean

There is one oval burner in the center top, and two burners on each side. The grates that cover these burners are continuous and easy to remove. The quick boil option has two rows of flame rather than one, so liquids do indeed boil much faster. Burner BUT's range from 5000 to 17,000. There is a large drawer on the bottom that can be used for storage.

Many of the options are not ones I use, but last week I did make a pizza using the "Pizza Button". It preheated my oven to a higher degree than what the instructions called for, but the pizza came out great anyway.

I love the one touch options, and the interior of the oven is roomy, with racks that adjust for easy baking. The stainless steel surface is harder to keep clean than my previous bone colored range, but I find that with all of my stainless appliances.

My biggest complaint is the black colored top, it is incredibly difficult to keep shiny and clean. Most of the cleaners I use remove the spilled food or liquids, but the surface remains streaked. Pledge Glass & Surface Cleaner does the best for cleaning the top of this range.

My Viewpoint: This is an expensive but quality range. It cooks evenly and I have not had any food issues at all. My one and only complaint is how hard it is to keep it clean and new looking.

Temperature Control
    Four BTU burners for a lot of choices. Oven cooks evenly.

Heat Distribution
    Not any issues with this at this time.

So far so good, but the stainless does tend to scratch easily.

This is a very modern, sleek looking range!

Stainless is harder to keep clean, and the black stove top is VERY hard to clean.

• Heat Distribution:

Decent Gas Stove but hard to clean and has needed repairs!

from Clifton Park, NY

i like it but...

from Palmdale, CA

Comments about Frigidaire Freestanding Gas Range:

i like this fridgidaire stove but i feel like its really hard to clean the knobs and we have had this stove for a few years so its just kinda annoying to clean it. since you cannnot take out th knobs there is like stains between the knobs and the stove. i guess i would have to get a pipe cleaner or something to clean that out idk. thats the only thing i do not like about the stove. other then that i love it. it looks so nice in the kitchen and it has last a very long time. other stoves we have had get these stains and when we clean them the stains never come off.but for this fridgidare stove there is only a few stains on it not that many at all! in the end i recommend this stove it is very nice!

a strong stove

from Oakdale, CT

Comments about Frigidaire Freestanding Gas Range:

This is an expensive range, but I think that it is worth what I paid for it. I bought it because I wanted an oven that I would use for many years. I figured that since this is such a nice brand, they would also make very good quality stoves too. I am happy to say that I am not dissapointed. The oven range is great and the gas feature of it gives me a much better cooking experience. When I bought the stove, I expected it to have more features, but I guess I was a bit too optimistic about that. What it does have is pretty nice and the way the features are all put together is nice too. When the oven is dirty because of oil or just dirt, I wipe it clean with a scouring pad. I also wipe the outside of the stove with a wet cloth when it is dirty because my kids have a very bad habit of touching it. The burners get hot very fast and I can boil or cook my food in record time. The stove top has enough room for my big pots too.

Frigidaire Gas Range--great for cooking/canning/baking

from Sheridan, OR

Comments about Frigidaire Freestanding Gas Range:

The Fridgidaire FGGF3054KB Gas Range (with propane conversion) is an excellent model! It has two quick burnners. The front right is a super hot quick burner--great for boiling water for noodles or for canning jams and other fruits and vegetables. The back right burner will go down for a simmer--great for stews or swiss steak type recipies. It has a middle burner, oval in shape, that has a either the regular rack cover or can be replaced with a griddle inset that comes with the oven--this for pancakes or frenchtoast, grilled cheese, etc. The oven is both regular or convection oven (with a fan to circulate the air) It has three racks. The bottom rack is attached to the door (can be unattached and removed) so that when the door opens, the rack slides forward 1/3 of the way. Great for heavy roasts or other large items. The oven also has a quick pre-heat option for fast baking. The display is digital and easy to read. The timer has an add a minute button to it so you do not have to reset the timer to add a few more minutes.