Other Kitchen Ranges:

Frigidaire Freestanding Gas Range

Pros

Cons

• Heat Distribution:

Frigidare gas range Love this range.

from Booneville, AR

Comments about Frigidaire Freestanding Gas Range:

Love this gas range. We remodeled about 5 years ago. And this range has been great. Its a five burner range and oven of course. I love the versatility of this oven. Easy to clean and energy efficient. I especially like the fifth burner it's designed to be able to grill things on like burgers, fajita's, and other things you would grill. I also like the quick boil feature. It gets things cooking quick and you don't have to stand around a long time waiting on something to come up to boil. I especially like it when I come home and am in a hurry to get something on the table for my family to eat.

Temperature Control
Never had a problem with this always at the correct temp. Food always comes out as expected.

Heat Distribution
Cooks evenly food come out heated completely through

Very durable and appliance get used around our house and never had a problem with our range.

Love the design have the five burner and I love this and its easy to clean no greasy fingerprints on the stainless steel.

Easy to clean just wipe and done.

• Heat Distribution:

Nice Stove but It Has a Few Problems.

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about Frigidaire Freestanding Gas Range:

I bought this Frigidaire over 2 years ago and for the price, it has been a good range. I haven't had any major problems with it, but there are a few things I don't like about it.

Temperature Control
The temperature control on this Frigidaire works well and seems to cook everything at the right temperature. It just takes forever to the oven or the gas burners to ignite. I think it's a problem with the electric ignition on both the stove top and oven. I know the next time I buy an oven it won't be a Frigidaire. I had problems with both of the stoves I have owned from Frigidaire and feel they are made cheap.

Heat Distribution
Heat does distribute evenly once the oven finally ignites.

This stove wasn't made to last very long. It's a great range, but after several years of owning it I have found that it's not very durable. I'm waiting for the oven and stove top igniters to finally go out, as I feel it's inevitable with the way it's acting and I will buy another brand.

It does have a nice sleek design, and that's one reason why I made the decision to purchase this range. It had the best design in its price range.

Very easy to clean because I clean it every time I cook on the stove top and clean the oven once every few weeks when it's used a lot.

Good oven, good price...

from Allendale, MI

Comments about Frigidaire Freestanding Gas Range:

We have had this oven for over a year and have a little trouble with it. We are running it with propane, and the conversion from gas to propane was easy.

Temperature Control
Easy to set the oven with the digital comtrols. I love the quick boil feature on the oven.

Heat Distribution
The top of the oven does get a little warmer but not significatly. When I bake one thing at a time I just use the middle shelf, when I do more, like a sheets of cookies I had the top ones out a little before the rest.

The middle burn on the stove we have trouble getting to lit sometime. Overal it has held up well for over a year.

The top looks smooth, the knobs for the stove are on the front. Sometime they get bumped and they will turn on.

The grates on the top are easily taken off and the stove wiped off. For stuck on grease, I just put hot water and vinegar and then it is easily wiped off. For the oven, I run the self-cleaning mode twice a year, spring and fall, and that seems to be enough.

Excellent gas stove

from Livonia, MI

Comments about Frigidaire Freestanding Gas Range:

I love this new stove/oven.

Temperature Control
You can control the flame with the easy controls and you don't have to worry about the pilot going out. I have had it set to the lowest flame and it never even fluttered or went out.

Heat Distribution
You control the heat as needed. The flames are distrubuted evenly if you have the top part on correctly....I have not used the oblong center flame as yet, but I have turned it on to see how much heat is generated. As for the oven, the food that I have cooked has come out great without really changing the cooking time. Cakes come out evenly done and so does bread and meats baked in the oven.

It has held up well, even though we have only had it about seven months now. Knock on wood!

I love the smudge proof surfaces, the design and the cooking space. It is a bit bigger than the one we had before, but that just gives me more space to cook on and bake with. I love that it matches the above the stove microwave and I love the fact that I can take the burner parts off and clean under them.

Really like my stove!

from Hialeah, FL

Comments about Frigidaire Freestanding Gas Range:

I really like the design of this oven range. I like that it is stainless steel, which matches my other items. I like how quickly the oven starts up. I love that it is a gas stove. Cleaning it is easy. I would definitely recommend this item to a friend. I have gotten many complements on how great it looks in my kitchen.

Temperature Control
Cooking with gas is much better than cooking with an electric stove. The heat is distributed much better.

Heat Distribution
The recipes cook evenly and accurately.

I have used this many times and it has been very durable.

Love the design of this stove. Very sleek and expensive looking.

The self cleaning is wonderful. When done, it looks like a new oven.

Excellent!

Comments about Frigidaire Freestanding Gas Range:

We purchased this stove at tax time to go along with our matching dishwasher!
It is an excellent stove, cleans up rather nice and cooks fast! Has the center burner so we can cook more at one time, has a shelf inside that slides out when the over door is opened up too! and a sliding door on the bottom to store pots and pans! Love it!

Definitely improved my kitchen~

from Woodstock, GA

Comments about Frigidaire Freestanding Gas Range:

I do like this oven, I am loving having a gas stovetop. And the extra oven drawer below is a nice addition, without adding the whole "Double Oven" aspect. Especially for the price and area used. I don't like the racks, they are a little difficult to manage, and I haven't quite figured out how to utilize them all or put them in different positions. It seems when I try, the door won't shut, but to be fair, I haven't really read all the instructions, so it may explain it in there. I haven't noticed much difference in the convection part, but again, for the price paid, it is a nice feature I can play with without having added much to my overall cost. I also don't like that I can't turn off the timer without canceling out my whole baking. I like checking on things before the recommended time, but I then have to set the whole temperature again because it all cancels out. Another thing is the oval burner is nice and comes with the griddle, but don't expect to be able to fit another pan on top. The griddle is in the way, so while it says you have 5 burners, you definitely can not use them all at once, and the flame underneath really only is big enough to make it seem like one of the other burners. You don't get even cooking on the whole oval surface.

**Update** 2-16-12 The burner size with the oval burner is definitely a problem. Don't expect to have more burners with 5, you just have different options.

It is hard to clean the stovetop, and the black shows dirt very easy