2.5
Flarp
Flarp Noise Putty

Flarp Noise Putty

2.5

OK. Who farted? Or was that the Flarp Noise Putty?

I was looking for some neat things to put in the boys' stockings. Since they are teens, that can present a challenge.

When I saw Flarp! Noise Putty, I knew...Read complete review

When I saw Flarp! Noise Putty, I knew those were going in the stockings.

Flarp is kind of like silly putty or Play Dough. It looks and feels rather like Silly Putty but softer and in bright colors. I got neon green and yellow. It comes in a container like Play Dough - but a little smaller.

It took a little bit to figure out how to fart it. You don't take it out and squeeze as we first guessed. You mash your hand or fingers down into the Flarp with it in the container. Then, FART. A very realistic sounding one if I may say so.

My boys loved the Flarp. So did the uncles. It was quite the hit on Christmas Day and is still generating laughs on in to the new year. Guys are pretty easily amused. I'm glad.

The little girl cousins did not see the humor so much, so I don't know that this would be a very good girl gift or stocking stuffer. Guess that depends on the girl.

We'll definately keep Flarp in mind when we need a little gag gift. It's simple and inexpensive but fun.

say no when they ask for it!!

Recently I was shopping with my 6 year old daughter and she came upon this product.  Reluctantly I purchased it.  She played well with it for a few days, until it ended up in her hair.  Just as I had told her it was going to..Yes kids will be kids, and my daughter was just being a kid..but why do we need this toy.  Isnt gum bad enough.  and believe me this was worse than trying to get gum out of a childs hair.  This product dosent have much purpose.  I knew that before buying it, but as most parents couldnt say no.

Purchase with caution and much consideration

from Michigan

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Entertaining

Cons

Comments about Flarp Noise Putty:

While this is fun and on the cheap end of kids entertainment, if not properly played with it can end up costing you. I bought my son (6) and my daughter (3) each of their own. I admit the colors are great, it feels cool in your hands and what kid isn't going to laugh at fart noises?

Even though I had my kids limit playing with it to the table only it still ended up everywhere. This is not fabric friendly whatsoever. I believe it states so on the container, so at least you're warned. If you thought play doh was bad on carpet this stuff sticks like glue and if it dries there, forget it. My son also managed to get it on his shirt which I ended up tossing because there was just no way to get I out. Hardwood floors aren't too fond of I either.

In the end both of theirs ended up in the trash. I suppose it was a bit of a hassle and they enjoyed it but I'd rather spend my money on something that won't end up in the trash. Older kids might be better with this. The age range says 3+.

My 3 year old loves this!

from Denham springs, La

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Easy To Clean
      • Entertaining
      • Lots of Fun

Cons

• Loud

• Toddlers

Comments about Flarp Noise Putty:

I bought this product for my daughter to have fun with and she loved it. It's also very cheap too!

love it, but few issues.

from md

Comments about Flarp Noise Putty:

this product is amazing as a stress ball an to make funny noises. other reviews complain about staining, on the container it states "warning: keep away from heat, may stain or stick to surfaces". i will keep buying this product, it comes in varieties of colors and smells, only problem is theres some type of liquid or chemical that evaporates even when in the container with lid which causes the putty top shrink.

Its great if your needing a science project on bacteria

from Ozawkie, KS

My 6yr old Grandson came home with some of this
      Flarp in a clear plastic egg, he did play with it quiet a bit in the beginning and thank god he did not get it on anything from what i have been hearing from others about the removal of it on various things.. Well this will be the best removal yet....Take it and throw it in the trash because i was standing in front of my grandsons dresser and i notice the clear egg with the Flarp inside, After looking a little closer i noticed, have of it was growing mold on it, and im not talking about a spot. This looked like a petre dish that had sat for a few months. I immediatly tossed that in the trash, thinking, if i hadnt seen that, he probably wouldnt have noticed and just started playing with it, getting mold on hands and everywhere else. NONTOXIC MY ASS!

Looking for FLARP info company...this stuff will NOT wash out!

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Flarp Noise Putty:

FLARP is a nightmare and I am searching for company info as I have a ruined bedspread!! There is no warning on staining, only not to eat this goop! FLARP is a nightmare and stains profusely! If you value your home, don't buy any!

Fun Entertainment for the young and slightly immature adults

from Winston Salem, NC

Comments about Flarp Noise Putty:

During the Christmas season, my wife and I were looking for some simple stocking fillers. She stumbled across this and thought even if it only provided a little entertainment, at such a low price it would be worth it. Little did we realize that this is still keeping many entertained months afterward. It took a bit for our children to get the hang of it, but once they got rolling it was hard to get them to stop. Everyone in the family gets some entertainment out of it. I think the key is to not have it out all the time. We keep it on a shelf and about once a week, or less often, we let the kids have at it. It is super cute watching my two-year-old daughter make the noise and then crinkle up her nose and say "Ewwwww!!!". I noticed that other reviewers have said it makes a super mess and is very difficult to clean up. While my daughter does manage to get small pieces on her fingers, we simply take them off and put them back in the can. That is what adult supervision means.

Don't Ever put this in the hands of children!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

from Lake Delton, WI

Comments about Flarp Noise Putty:

This is probably the single worst gift a child could get! My daughter of course put it in her hair and on her clothes. Guess what? No more hair and no more clothes. This stuff is akin to putting silicone caulk on yourself. I just spent 2 hours of Christmas morning dealing with it! Are you kidding me this stuff sould be pulled from the shelves.

um what........? flarp putty???

from Chester, VA

Comments about Flarp Noise Putty:

ok. as a parent of a two year old who does enjoy silly noises, i DO NOT recommend this. for any child. if their isnt an ingredient list then it most likely has a product/ chemical of some sort that could be dangerous to children or anyone for that matter. since other parents are concerned that there isnt an ingredient list then flarp noise putty should either put one on ech bottle or not make it anymore.

Messy and sounds nasty.

from Waycross, GA

Comments about Flarp Noise Putty:

Bought for my daughters Easter basket and it got everywhere. You can not even let this stuff touch your clothes and it will stain it. Also very difficult to get out if it does get on your clothes, furniture or carpet. I will never buy this again. They do come in various colors and might be fun for a teenager or adult to mess around with and make the sounds but not for a child.

say no when they ask for it!!

from Philippi, WV