Other Air Fresheners:
Odor Eliminators
Febreze

Pros

Cons

Febreze is what I use to make my house smell fresh.

Febreze is a great refresher, for your air as well as your furniture. There are many scents to choose from, and as long as you aren't over doing it, it dries pretty quickly on furniture. There are many different kinds of Febreze fabric and air available. Besides the original Fabric and Air, they also have a Fabric Refresher-I'm sure you have seen the commercials of the mom saying they need to wash the chair. There is also one specifically for pet owners. As well as an allergen Febreze which is great for people who have allergies, like myself.

Febreze is great for taking the smoke smell out of furniture in a smokers home - I don't smoke, but it works in my moms house on her furniture. It really worked on her couch that smelled like smoke. I was thrilled with that, because she gave me her couch, and I don't want my house smelling like smoke.

Febreze is affordable, and there are many coupons available online, and in the Sunday newspaper.

I can't tolerate the Febreze odor

Over the years, since Febreze first came out, I have tried a few of their products, and no matter what, my opinion stays the same. I can not stand the smell! I find it very offensive to my sense of smell, and with so many nice smelling products on the market, I don't understand why they can not produce some that are pleasant. I have never been a smoker, and think I have a fairly sensitive sense of smell, so there are a few products that I can not tolerate. I love fragrance candles, lotions, difusers, and so many other things there are on the market. But, when I get a whiff of Febreze, it sort of makes me nauseous. There is one commercial they run on TV, that I find offensive....the one about the Real Estate Sales Lady, who says she uses Febreze in her home and in houses on the market before she shows them. For one thing, if this were my home on the market, I would resent her using a product in my home that I did not like, and for another, if I were looking at this home to buy, I would not like the smell. Bad commercial, in my opinion

Comments about Febreze Fabric & Air Odor Eliminator:

Oh how I love this product! There are so many air fresheners on the market, but they can't compare to this product. The nice thing about this is how versatile it is. Many basic air fresheners are just sprayed into the air and then disappear, but this is so much more. It's not really meant to spray and go, it is more to be absorbed into furniture or fabrics and gets rid of odors. I absolutely love the Gain scented one! I spray this product everywhere in the house and outside of it too. Try it in the car, spray all over the seats and close the doors, next time you drive you will enjoy the scent! In the house you can spray on beds, couches, carpets, chair cushions, anything really. Be generous and allow to settle on the fabrics for the best effect. There are lots of scents, you should try them all, and I think there is one specifically to control pet odors. You could spray onto the pets bedding and it would smell awesome. Just be careful if anyone has allergies, these products might irritate them if they are on their bed or clothes. Thumbs up for this air freshener!

A pick me up for the entire house!

Comments about Febreze Fabric & Air Odor Eliminator:

I love using the Febreze Fabric & Air Odor Eliminator because it gives my whole house a pick me up. It doesn't layer on odors when you spray it but replaces that scent. I use it every night after my kids go to bed and it removes the cracker and juice smell from the day. I also love using it in the bathroom where I change their diapers, and my friends can't even smell the familiar diaper scent. It gives my house a spring cleaning kind of feel, and it is really enhanced when we open the windows. I highly recommend the Febreze Fabric & Air Odor Eliminator since it gives my house a nice, subtle scent.

My go to odor eliminator

Comments about Febreze Fabric & Air Odor Eliminator:

Just love using Febreze Fabric & Air Odor Eliminator. We own cats and when we first got them it took a lot of trial and error to get them liter box trained. This Odor Eliminator definitely helped tone down some of that unfortunate smell that comes along with potty training critters. Keep it under the sink just in case now.

Not sure about this one...

Comments about Febreze Fabric & Air Odor Eliminator:

I usually love all Febreze products, but I'm not sure how well I like this one. The bottle is smaller, doesn't last as long, it does eliminate odor, but if you want it to just freshen up your house, the smell doesn't last too long. It can also be a little pricey sometimes and not worth it. The bottle is just too small and get's used so quickly.

Creates a delightful environment

Comments about Febreze Fabric & Air Odor Eliminator:

Amazing collections of smells and it makes fabrics smell exquisitely. My favorites are dragon fruit, lavender, Alaskan breeze, and downy. I love spraying it on my pillows and comforter. There are always coupons out for this product so Im able to have it handy.

Eliminates odors in my air and fabrics in every room

from Houston, TX

Comments about Febreze Fabric & Air Odor Eliminator:

Has the doorbell ever rang and you weren't expecting any guests? For me it's usually friends and family out somewhere and we all decide to head to my house. I think, hmm the dog has been in the house the whole time we have been gone I gotta rush in and freshen things up a bit. I'll excuse myself and rush home and run inside to grab the Febreeze Fabric and Air Odor Eliminator.

The pump action bottle is really easy to use and it does give a good wide misting spray. The scent is pleasant and yeah, people will think you just cleaned. I have used it safely on area rugs, bed spreads, curtains, couches and the air. Be sure to to a test spot first though, because honestly you just never know.

The only other concern is that it leaves things wet. So say the kids "help" you may end up with a wet spot on the couch and I've even had a slippery spot on the tile floor before so make sure to spray well up into the air and let it drift down.

And, sure it's not organic or natural which I really would like but when you are in a hurry and don't want the trash or the doggy smell in your house it's a good way to get rid of it.

A fresh scent

from Belton, TX

Comments about Febreze Fabric & Air Odor Eliminator:

I would say this isn't good to spray inthe air. i would not use this as my main house cleane. Why? becaus ethe more you squirt for a freshness , the more itcmes out and makes th floor wetand slippery. This is great for fabrics and furniture. This product is expensive if used daily. I prefer glade candles ove this product.

Odor Eater Refreshener

from Gilbert, AZ

Comments about Febreze Fabric & Air Odor Eliminator:

I love this fabric refreshener. It has so many different fragrances and is very pleasant smelling to the nose. You can spray it on anything like the curtains, bedding, clothing, sofas, carpets, beds and more. It makes everything smell better and gets rid of the odor. The fabric freshener works good clothes before you iron them to give them that clean refreshing scent. It also helps deordorize the bathrooms when needed and the scent last for hours at a given time. A little bit of spray goes a long way. The product is always available at the local stores and never runs out. Sometimes you can find it on clearance or a coupon to help with the cost. The product is a little pricier than others but worth the cost and last a long time.

Febreze fabric and air odor elimintator(wroks great)

from Portland, OR

Comments about Febreze Fabric & Air Odor Eliminator:

I was at first skeptical when I first heard of the Febreze odor eliminator products and how well they took away odors from clothes furniture closets and so forth. So it took me awhile before I even tried it. I absolutely loved it. It didnt leave a heavy film on my furniture fabric or clothes. The smell is very refreshing and not perfume smelling like some that just try to cover up the odor for a short time. I have used on my furniture fabrics, my clothes that have hung in the closet for awhile, my bedspread just to give it a fresh scent smell and I have used for it for an air freshener. I have tried other products that compare themselves to Febreze and although they are at a cheaper cost, they do not come close to Febreze, nor do they last like Febreze does. So if you need to perk up your rooms for company or whatever else I suggest you try the Febreze. You will not be disappointed, and although it cost more than most other brands, it is worth it.

Smell Great!

from Salem, SC

Comments about Febreze Fabric & Air Odor Eliminator:

This is a great thing to use just before you have visitors. It doesn't exactly smell like you just went through and sprayed something like it would if you used regular aerosol sprays, but it does smell clean and fresh. Depending on how much I want to freshen things up, I'll sometimes just spray it on our cloth curtain valances. If I want to go all out, I spray it on the curtains, the carpets, the couch,etc. Makes me feel like my house smells fresh without smelling perfumy like other sprays. Though this product can be a little pricey, it lasts a long time in our home, so I feel it's worth the value. The only thing that bothers me is the touted science behind this product. I'm not sure that this product necessarily eliminates odor, so much as it just covers odor up like most other products.