1.7

• Product Pricing:
    • Customer Service:
    • Shipping and Returns:

Get Your Flowers at FTD

Valentine's Day is a popular time for using the internet to make purchases of flowers and gifts. I have used the world wide web for this purpose before and have been satisfied with the results. But rather than access the same sites I have used in the past, I decided to try an entirely different web service for my shopping. The service I chose was **FTD.com**, the on- line web site for FTD, the world's oldest floral service business. **Web Store Commentary:** I have used FTD.com a few times and my experiences have been positive. First of all, I like the arrangement of the web site and the ease of shopping. Once you pick the desired category, you can then sort by price (either ascending or descending) or you can narrow your search down to include only those items that fit your budget by defining a specific cutoff price. Once you click on "order now", the next screen will tell you all about the product. If you like what you see, then you can enter the recipient's zip code and click "add to cart". FTD.com allows you to select the delivery date of your choosing, up to about five weeks in advance. This is a nice feature because it allows customers to make a purchase ahead of time and avoid putting things off until it's too late and the special occasion has passed. This is a good idea because, without it, there is a chance you might forget to make the purchase in a timely manner. What was supposed to be a gift for a specific occasion could end up a belated present instead. One thing that does bother me a little about FTD.com is its basically false claim that the delivery is included in the price of each item. They tell you this, then they slap you with a "service charge", which can range between $10 and $15. This charge is, of course, to cover all the expenses related to handling and shipping. I would like it better if FTD.com just came forward and stopped the obvious b.s. Anyone can see that this charge is related to shipping (at least partially) and its obvious that this is nothing more than a sales ploy to get people to think they are getting something (in this case, delivery) free of any charges. Speaking of shipping charges (or "service" charges), they are slightly different from one item to the next. FTD.com offers standard shipping (within three days), two- day shipping, next day shipping, and Saturday delivery. Unless you need something desperately, you should most definitely avoid these expedited shipping methods. A product that sold for, say, $40 can easily see its price increase to $75 if you choose Saturday delivery, making it a foolish buying decision. Again, this illustrates the importance of placing orders early and selecting a future delivery date to avoid these high prices for shipping (or "service"). You can setup personal e-mail reminders for important holidays and events, to make sure you don't forget. This is a nice added service that can be activated free of charge by logging back into the site and following the links to "My Account" and "My Reminders". You can also register names and mailing addresses in your personalized address book to make the ordering process even faster in the future. **Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Overall, I am satisfied with my FTD.com experience. Will I try other on- line floral services in the future? Probably, yes, because I like to try different services when I shop on- line. But FTD.com will still rank high on my list of floral services on the world wide web. They came through for me with flying colors, delivering my product in excellent condition within the promised time frame.

Next time I will use 1-800 Flowers instead!

I have used FTD in the past and never had a problem.  Up until this past week I definitely would have recommended them.  However, this last experience used up any patience I normally show and it definitely used up any second chances!

On the Sunday night before Thanksgiving, my husband ordered me roses to be delivered to my job.  They were to arrive on Tuesday.  Late Tuesday afternoon they show up via Fed Ex.  I noticed on the shipping label that they were mailed out on Monday.  When I opened the box, I found the flowers were already dying.  They weren't shipped in any water.  No floral foam or individual vials for each stem.  Because of FTD's guarantee that all their flowers will arrive in "exceptional" condition, I called to say something.  I explained that the flowers didn't ship in any water and because of that they were almost dead.  The sales rep apologized and said they would re-send but the earilest they could would be on Saturday.  I said that was fine but they would need to be delivered to my home on that day.  The rep verified my home address and said they'd be there Saturday.

Late Saturday morning I get a phone call from my job letting me know that flowers were just delivered.  I couldn't beleive it.  I asked them to open them for me.  She did.  Again, no water and they were dying.  I called FTD right away to find out why they were shipped to the wrong address.  They looked up the info and said they had an address of *****.  The address she quoted was my house number with my last name instead of my street name!  So instead of calling me when they couldn't locate that address, they just delivered to my job instead.  Again the rep apologized and said they would resend but the earliest they could come would be Wednesday.  I said that was fine but by then I would be back to work and they should be delivered there.  Again, the address was verified and I hung up.

Saturday night I get a phone call from DHL saying they need me to contact them with a better address for a delivery they have for me.  Seeing as I wasn't expecting the delivery until Wed., I called DHL on Monday morning.  They verified my address as my house number and last name!  I was furious!  Not at DHL but with FTD.  I gave the DHL rep the correct job address and he said they would "redeliver" that afternoon.  I thought this was odd since they weren't supposed to come until Wed.  Anyway.....they don't come on Monday but do arrive on Tuesday.  Guess what?  They're not in water and they're dying!!!

Fed up, I called FTD and wanted to speak to a supervisor.   I was told they weren't available but the rep on the phone wanted to help.  In the end I told them I didn't want any more flowers.  I just wanted my husbands account refunded.  It took a while but she finally said she would refund me the cost of the flowers but not the cost of delivery because they did deliver.  I argued that I shouldn't be stuck with a delivery charge for dead flowers but she wouldn't budge.  At this point, I didn't really care much anymore.  I agreed to the rebate of the flowers.  I was told the credit should appear on my husband's account in 3 or 4 days.

So, today is Wed....the day yesterdays delivery was supposed to show up.  Guess what just came?  You got it....more flowers!!!!  These too were dying but not as bad as the other 3 dozen!  I won't call FTD again but I don't care if I never see another rose!!!

Very disappointed

from Sacramento

Comments about FTD.com:

Sent flowers to my mom on her 61st wedding anniversary, my dad died September so wanted to let her know the day was remembered. Unfortunately flowers never arrived. I emailed once and called 3 times with no satisfactory result. On the 3rd phone call I was offered a 'free' upgrade because the flowers would be delivered a day LATE. Needless to say I cancelled the order, a day late will not work. What really bothers me is that I emailed in the morning to check the status and was told someone would get back to me regarding the delivery, never heard from anyone. Can't express my absolute disappointment in FTD, it's been a tough time for my family and they have added to the pain. Never again will I use FTD. Honestly I would give them -1 stars if I could.

mistakes happen – but businesses need focus on cust. serv.

from San Diego, CA

Comments about FTD.com:

FTD messed up! I put in a complaint, they confirmed receipt of my complaint and told me they would follow up; however they never followed up. Actually contacted them twice – as I say, mistakes happen, people get busy, reminders are okay – but not responding is a business sin!
Keeping the short – Mother's Day, flowers sent from son to mother. Mother received a plant – it was a nice plant and that's why I gave two stars instead of one. Mother reads lovely card from son and it is signed "Kathy". Our son's name is not Kathy!
I, the husband, did not want our son to know we got the wrong gift so I thought I would handle it myself. That's when I contacted customer service; they replied stating that they would get back to me; they never replied.
I have now read other reviews and it seems like FTD screws up a lot! I have no reason to utilize them nor recommend them to anyone.

NEVER AGAIN

from Ft.Lauderdale, Fla

Comments about FTD.com:

I WILL NEVER EVER USE FTD AGAIN, NOT ONLY DID I ORDER 2 FLOWER ARRANGEMENTS I ORDERED 2 FOR NEXT DAY DELIVERY, TO BE DELIVERED BY 2pm. NEITHER DELIVERED, I WAS TOLD 1 WOULD BE DELIVERED BY 4PM, WELL ITS 4:41 STILL NO DELIVERY, THE OTHER ARRANGEMENT I WAS TOLD WILL BE DELIVERED TOMORROW BUT IS SUPPOSE TO BE DELIVERED TODAY, IM DISGUSTED WITH FTD AND WILL NEVER EVER USE OR RECOMMEND AGAIN, BOTH FLOWER ARRANGEMENTS WERE GOING TO THE SAME LOCATION.....

I would never use them again, horrible customer service

from orlando, florida

Comments about FTD.com:

I never got my flowers and spent 3 hours trying to, and was only offered a refund or the flowers-4 days late:( super bummed and then got hung up on while trying to get it taken care of.

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE

from STERLING HEIGHTS, MI

Comments about FTD.com:

Placed an order well in advance of Mother's Day, they emailed the day of delivery that the vase was not available. I called cs person was hard to understand so I asked to speak to a supervisor. I was on hold for 27 minutes. I agreed to a vase substitution but then found out the delivery was made a day late. I followed up with a call again and was told a supervisor would call me back. My issues have not been resolved. Wrong vase, late delivery, horrible customer service. Good Luck dealing with FTD.

I will never order flowers from them again!!

from Miami,fla

Comments about FTD.com:

I ordered some flowers for a friend of mine to be sent to her job. She later told me she wasn't going to be there that particular day so i had the day changed. I asked them to also have them sent by a certain time. I didn't hear anything from them so i called,they never changed the date and they could never get in touch with the florists..what kind of communication is this so i just canceled the order.

I TO SHOULD HAVE READ THE REVIEWS

from NEW YORK

Comments about FTD.com:

I WOULD GIVE THEM - STARS - HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. DON'TY SPEAK ENGLISH - WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY.

Horrible Experience

from New York, NY

Comments about FTD.com:

Everything about FTD is horrible. I am so mad at myself for not reading their reviews first.
The flowers look hideous. They look like they've been run over 100 times. The customer service is beyond horrible. I placed an order online with a specific delivery date; when I received the confirmation email the date was different; 1st person I talked to said he switched it; 2nd person I talked to said it was never switched and she switched it; 3rd person I talked to said that neither person switch the date and that she would have to cancel the order then replace it because they don't have that capability; 4th person I talked to said the first order is still open and that it is going to be delivered on a totally different date. This place is absolutely the worst.

If I could give zero stars, I would...

from Concord, CA

Comments about FTD.com:

My husband had flowers delivered early for Valentine's Day. The flowers arrived early Friday morning in a box with no vials of water, and were mostly dead. Please note: the flowers were shipped on Wednesday; for 2 days they remained in a box with no water. When my husband called customer service, their response was that the flowers will take 3 days to bloom. Now, im no flower expert, but from my understanding, dead flowers generally don't bloom.

Don't use them! Terrible service and no delivery!

from Hoffman Estates, IL

Comments about FTD.com:

My order was never delivered despite 4 phone calls and 3 emails, and each person I spoke with on the phone was more incompetent than the last. They finally offered me 20% off - of flowers that were never delivered! Do not use them!!!!! If I could give a zero instead of 1 star I would!