Other Radar Detectors:
Models:
0109500-6, 9500IX
Escort Radar Detector

Escort Radar Detector

Does what it is supposed to!

I recently purchased a Passport 9500ix and can honestly say it is by far the best detector I've ever owned. As a previous owner of several other brands including Cobra, Whistler and a V1, this one is light years ahead. From the moment I mounted it in my car, (which was super easy with their mount) I knew this one was different. I proceeded to mount it on the glass and started driving it without even looking at the owner's manual. As I began to drive, I was alerted to several door openers that my other detectors didn't even see, which to me indicated that it was far more sensitive. On my way back home, along the same route, I was alerted once again to these same door openers. At this point I began to remember why I quit driving with a detector many years ago....false alarms! Now that I had a more sensitive detector, I was wondering if I could stand to hear all of this noise everyday. The next day I went to work, (close to the same route as picking up my kids) and I was pleasantly surprised when I passed these same spots again. The 9500ix beeped once and displayed the word "stored". Not reading the owner's manual, I had no idea what this meant. When I arrived at work I grabbed the owner's manual and read it at lunch. To my surprise it meant that the 9500ix had locked out these locations, knowing they were false alarms. How cool is that? Now that they were locked out, I couldn't wait to drive by again and see what it would do. On my way home, sure enough no alerts. Only a small indicator in the upper right side of the display rotated, indicating it saw these false alarms but no audio alert was given. The following day I was in route home from work enjoying my new detector when it began to register a Ka band radar alert. I'm not completely sure what the difference is between all of the radar bands, but I began to take notice and checked my speed. I drove almost a mile wondering if this was a false alarm. Sure enough, as I turned the corner, there was one of our local police officers sitting along the side of the road. I had sniffed out my first alert, and in plenty of time to check my speed. As someone who has used several other brands and grew accustomed to false alarms, let me assure you this one is different. Better sensitivity without the constant beeping. I'm not sure why it took me so long to try a Passport, but I will say that I will not be driving without one ever again.

The Escort 9500IX Radar Detector is pretty good.

I have been using the Escort 9500IX Radar Detector for a year and I really enjoy it. Even though it's expensive, you definitely get what you pay for. It works exactly like how you think it would. I think the Escort 9500IX Radar Detector is the class leader in radar sensitivity. It's perfect. In the year I've had it, I've never had a false reading. I also like that it's loud. If you need a radar, I would definitely recommend the Escort 9500IX Radar Detector. It's a great buy and a great radar detector. If you want the best, you pay for it. It's a good radar. It works exactly as promised. I also like the color and how small it is. It fits perfectly wherever you need it to go. I have recommended this to family and friends and know that some people have gotten one and love it. My only concern is the price, but you get what you pay for. If you're looking for a great radar detector, get this one!

Quiet Until You Need It!

from College Station, TX

Comments about Escort Radar Detector:

It's no secret that the 9500ix's best feature is the GPS technology. I had always wanted a radar detector, but I hated the beeps, buzzes, and random alarms. However, once the Passport 9500ix was released, I knew I could finally get my dream detector.

I've had the 9500ix for over a year now, and I have never been disturbed by false alarms. Several of my friends have complimented me on the quietness of my detector after driving through false alert rich regioins of town without a peep from my detector. However, the detector is quick to pick up on any real alert.

I have detected Ka band from 1.8 miles away from a bike cop while I was driving in heavy traffic. Many other times I have received alerts with plenty of time to check my speed and slow down.

Escort 9500IX Radar Detector

from Battle Ground, WA

Comments about Escort Radar Detector:

I received the **Escort 9500IX Radar Detector** as a gift after receiving a speeding ticket. I have not received a ticket since receiving the Escort. This has little to do with the Escort radar detector. I just do not speed anymore. I do not think that a little device will prevent me from getting tickets. The only thing I like about this is that it has red light camera locations stored to warn you, but it is not that cool. Most states require cities that use photo red light cameras to post a warning saying photo enforcement ahead. So just pay attention to the road and you wont get busted for running red lights. Plus I dont think it is updated that often so many intersections are not in the radar detector.

I was talking to a friend whos father is a cop. He said radar detectors are worthless. Most times the police officer will have you on laser before the sensor even starts buzzing. So it is more of a warning letting youknow that the cop has got you.

No more speeding tickets

from Washington, DC

Comments about Escort Radar Detector:

The Escort 9500IX radar detector is my favorite radar detector that I have owned. This thing is basically as good as it gets in the radar detector world. Its sensitivity is way above the field. It has gotten me out of numerous speeding tickets by pointing out speed traps and noting other times to go slower because there is radar afoot. I have experienced very very few false alarms with this thing. It is right pretty much every single time. The major downside is the cost - this radar detector is pricey. But when you consider the speeding tickets it will get you out of, it is definitely worth the price. Of course, make sure a radar detector is legal wherever you are going to use it, or else the price may not be worth it at all. Overall, I would definitely recommend the Escort 9500IX radar detector to others, particularly speeders, in the market for a new radar detector that will be accurate and save you money in the long term.

Perfect for city driving

from Leawood, KS

Comments about Escort Radar Detector:

This is my current detector. It irons out falses like none other. In the city I live in, Ka falses are pretty rampant at construction sites for some reason, and around houses there are a lot of TV signals which are hard to differentiate between, but this does the job perfectly.

Furthermore, the range on this thing is brilliant. While not at the level of a Valentine One, it also has a lot of less falses. Every time I hear an alert, it is always a policeman. Of course, I'm never speeding at the time [;)] but its really nice to know and gives you a lot of time to slow down. The display is bright, loud, and easy to use. There isn't any learning curve, when you hear the bands you slow down, just in case. In a world today of technological gadgets, really anything is amazing, but this emits such a small IR response that even devices taht were made with the sole purpose of catching people using these...can't.

Fantastic buy, best money you'll ever spend.

The Escort 9500IX Radar Detector is pretty good.

from Hibbing, MN

it works like a charm

from Davison, MI

Comments about Escort Radar Detector:

It works great for country roads where the police are coming toward you. Stationary traps do not give you much time to check your speed. Otherwise it is terrific. I use mine every week and have not had a ticket since I got it.

The Escort has saved me so much more than it ever cost!

from North Richland Hills, TX

Comments about Escort Radar Detector:

This product is awesome. I always like to have a radar detector in my car just in case, and it has saved my butt more than once.

The pre-loaded database of known speed traps is beyond amazing. It, in addition to AutoLearn, really makes false alarms a thing of the past. Other radar detectors I've had in the past would go off if I even looked at something like a shopping-mall parking lot, but not the Escort! It's just quiet, ready and waiting.

The range and power of the 9500iX is impressive as well.I've had it catch cops parked far off the road to be out of sight, cops behind all kinds of obstacles, and even once a trap over the next hill! I was warned way in advance so I wouldn't have to do any of that obvious slamming on my brakes like I would have using an inferior product,

Every time I see someone who I've been cruising along with race on after I've slown down because of an alert, I glance at my dash and smile, knowing I'm not falling into a trap anytime soon.

Escort 9500IX Radar Detector is Incredible Product!!

from Justice, IL

Comments about Escort Radar Detector:

the escort 9500ix has saved me hundreds in tickets!!

from Milwaukee, WI

Comments about Escort Radar Detector:

The auto-learn feature of the 9500ix cross-references your location with the frequency of the signal encountered. When it sees the same signal in the same spot three times, it stores it and blocks it out. If you don't want to wait until the third pass, you can manually lock out signals that you know to be false by pressing a sequence of buttons. The longer you use the machine, the fewer false alarms you should experience. After using it while traving to work everyday i have found that it will only alert when it is a true alert, seeing at i work at a major retailer with all those radar signals all around. It eliminated all the false alarms and it has saved me hundreds, you pay for quality but this bad boy pays for itself in the long run by way of saving your arse from getting tickets!!

This is outstanding

from White City, OR

Comments about Escort Radar Detector:

This is a very good radar detector and I would recommend it for those who have knowledge about this type of equipment. This will defenitly keep you from getting that dreaded ticket. Now I am not saying you should speed" but I can say if you do this will let you know before it is to late.