3.6

3.6

Been Faithful up until today. Virginia can detect it

from Morristown Tn

About Me Commercial, Commuter, Gearhead, Practical

Pros

• Clear Alert
  • Durable
  • Easy To Mount
  • Good Sensitivity
  • Neat Features or Extras
  • Versatile

Cons

• Gives False Reads
  • Now Detectable by law enforcement

• Highway Driving
  • Interstate
  • Larger Cars

Now Detectable by law enforcement

• Was this a gift?:

Perfect Product For that Price

Comments about Cobra - ESD Radar Detector:

My friend got one of those Cobra ESD 7100 and he is using it in Canada where it is not permitted. He has never got detected by police, but his Cobra has saved him from so many traps, camera, laser etc..... Works Great. The indicator display is very visual and self explanatory, which makes it easy for drivers to know what is ahead of the way. Very portable and comes with convenient suction cup windshield mounting bracket, as well as velcro dash pads. Solid body design and again excellent price for a great name product like Cobra.

• Range:
  • Noise Filtering:

Works, but

from Fairfield, CT

Comments about Cobra - ESD Radar Detector:

I have used radar detectors over the years purely as a safety mechanism.  I do not speed and do not condone others who speed.  But, I do believe that radar detectors are essential especially when traveling on the highway.  First, before using any radar detecter, you must make sure that your state and/or the state you are traveling thru/to allows you to have one in your car.  Secondly, no radar detecter is fool-proof.  Finally, radar detecters will beep even though no police car/man is monitoring with a laser gun or speed trap.  It has to do with signals that are given off by highway or construction signals.  The main reason I use them is to be mindful of any police presence.  Basically, crossing t's and doting i's and being on the safe side.  Plus, you will be more aware of sudden braking of cars in front of you when they detect police presence.  As far as this Cobra unit, I have used Cobras before and was quite satisfied with their quality. It works but as I said before be mindful of the other factors.

The Cobra ESD 7100 Radar detector is cheep and reliable

from Mount Carmel, PA

Comments about Cobra - ESD Radar Detector:

The Cobra Electronics ESD 7100 Radar Detector is the best route to take if your looking for the lowest prices for durable equipment that can alert you when you need it most! This handy little divise can also be easily removed if necessary. It may not tell you exactly what the signal is coming from but it WILL alert you every time there is any kind of activity near by.This Cobra ESD 7100 radar detector works just as well as any high priced radar detector on the market. I've used mine for almost four years now and I've never had any trouble with it.

Great idea, but doesn't always work.

from Lombard, IL

Comments about Cobra - ESD Radar Detector:

I recieved this product as a gift, and although it's neat I'll admit that I rarely use it.  This product tends to go off a lot any time you're near any kind of building with automatic sliding doors, because it mistakes them for actual radar/laser detectors.  Other than that when officers are actually running regular radar it will pick it up and give you time to slow down to a less incriminating speed.  However, the issue with this and all radar detectors is that no matter how well they pick up signals, police officers use point and shoot lasers now, meaning it only takes them a split second to pinpoint your car, and the laser isn't even turned on until they've locked onto you.  Even the best detector can't compete against their new-ish laser technology.  With that being said I feel that this product does what it's intended to do, lets you know when there's a radar detector in the area.  But it will also let you know Every Time you are near an automatic door, which really doesn't help.  Overall it works as expected, so I can't complain.

Hasn't failed me yet!

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about Cobra - ESD Radar Detector:

Honestly, this radar is great. I myself, have just recently bought one for a fairly cheap price (53 + tax). At first, I was a bit skeptical to buy it only because I'm just one of those people that can't just be happy with something at first glance. But I decided to give it a try. When I bought it, and brought it out to the car I was willing to give it a go. As soon as I installed the radar, it began going off because mainly of the area I was in (surrounded with cops). Getting nervous about one of them seeing, I noticed the quiet button and immediately hit it. After just making a good guess on what I had done, I decided to sit there and read the manual. Even that was simple. The instructions go step-by-step to give you clear and easy directions. For awhile I sat and played with the buttons. I was also extremely happy because it stated in my warranty that if I had gotten a ticket while using this device, that the first one would be fully paid and covered by the company. For me, that seemed the best part of it :). When I started driving I realized how easy this thing was going to be for me. Whenever a cop would approach closer to my vehicle it would alert me and then it made me feel more aware of what was around me. I drove over to my boyfriends house and even he was amazed by this radar. It allows you to do everything you need it for, without being overly complicated. I am not a huge technical person so that seemed even better than i had already thought it was. Trust me, this device is well worth the purchase, even my boyfriend went out and bought himself one. You can take my word for it. It has already saved me dozens of tickets and accidents.

It can get the job, just not fast enough.

from Collinsville, IL

Comments about Cobra - ESD Radar Detector:

Wow...at first i thought that it would one of the best things i've purchased. Well, i had another thing coming. This detector does do it's job, but you only have a few seconds to adjust to the incident. i've been caught multiple times speeding and my detector didnt go off untill the last second. it says able to "see" around corners and through walls, but that is not true.

The Cobra ESD 7100 Radar Detector is highly efficient

from Jenks, OK

Comments about Cobra - ESD Radar Detector:

The Cobra Radar Detector is efficient yet can sometimes be misleading.  With random beeps and a variety of display functions one can wonder what it is that is being detected within their focus.  Overall this device is very funcional, yet i have been clocked on numeral occasions as speeding and the detector didnt even go off.  I realize that a variety of factors go into this however this was not the first time this has happened to me.  I enjoy the feeling of knowing when cops are around, however sometimes feel as if this device doesnt quite pick up on all the signals it is supposted to.