Other Misc. Healths:
Equate
Equate (Walmart) Liquid Wart Remover

Equate (Walmart) Liquid Wart Remover

It works better than most products

Comments about Equate (Walmart) Liquid Wart Remover:

When I was younger I had a wart on my elbow and when I used this product it came off in only one week. Now I have planter warts on my foot and hopefully, it will do the same as before. I've tried most of the expensive freeze away big named brands and NOTHING helped. This product is very good to use and not that bad money wise.

Progress, but it ain't over yet

from Appleton, WI

Comments about Equate (Walmart) Liquid Wart Remover:

Plantar warts are a curse! I started with one on the outer edge of my left heel, where it rarely received any pressure, and it's not a place one can easily see (unless one is a contortionist), nor do I spend a lot of time feeling around down there. I wash using a bar of soap, so the soap touches the bottom of my foot, but I don't. Therefore, it went unnoticed for a very long time and got very well established and began producing offspring. Only then did I finally notice. This was a few years ago.

I tried the pads and the OTC freeze stuff and got nowhere. I started seeing a doctor about it a year ago. Freezing was recommended, and I came in for regular treatments. Progress was difficult to measure.

Then my brother-in-law, who was suffering from the kind of hepatitis that Nam era vets got, took a turn for the worse. He spent a month in a transplant unit/ICU hoping for a transplant. I stayed there as well, off and on, to provide moral support, and thus had to stop the wart treatments. My BIL died, and it took a few months for life to settle into some sort of order again, when I could finally resume regular treatments. By that time, all wart progress made was long lost and the stupid things were bigger than ever, with a new one or two as well.

The doctor told me to skip the freezing and do this instead: treat the warts with Compound W every night and cover them with duct tape, for two long months. I did -- faithfully.

Compound W costs a lot and lasts a little. It hardens before it's used up. I could eke about a week out of a bottle if I was very careful. Then I discovered the Equate version of the stuff, which costs half as much and behaves the same. I was suddenly very happy.

I don't think it makes any difference whether one uses Compound W or its Equate version. Progress is slow either way. I'm well beyond the two months, and the active part of three warts finally got killed off and pulled out a couple days ago. The mighty original wart and its two eldest offspring still have a ways to go. I'll keep plugging along, and I'm still very thankful there's an Equate alternative.