Other Food Processors:
Mini Choppers
Emson

Emson Chop Genie

Nice little chopper for quick use

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about Emson Chop Genie:

This is a handy little tool for quick chopping for quick week night dinners. I use it all the time.It is definitely handy for when I have to cut up fruits and veggies for my one year old to try.

Power
This chopper is as powerful as you want it to be. It uses your hand power not electrical power. It chops as fast as you pump it to chop.

Safety
It is safe as long as you use your head. Obviously you do not put your hand underneath the chopping machine. It does come with a little cup that you attach so whatever you chop goes in the cup. So as long as you attach the cup to the bottom you will be able to use the device safely. Although I still do not let my children use it. I'll wait till they get a little older.

Ease of Assembly
Super easy. It comes with very simple instructions and really the only piece you have to worry about is the cup that attaches to the bottom but that is easy to attach and take off again.

I usually throw mine in the dish washer but I do try to hand wash it. The cup at the bottom comes off and you can wash that separately.

• Power:
  • Safety:
  • Ease of Assembly:

from Saint Petersburg Fl

Comments about Emson Chop Genie:

OK, we've all owned something like this at one time or another. It's a push down chopper. As you push down, the blade rotates to evenly chop the vegetables, fruit or nuts. It works almost like a as seen on TV product years ago I bought called the "blitzhacker". It works the same exact way except the blade on this is much better and the cut is better. I got this to replace my old "blitzhacker".

Power
The power depends on how hard you push and how fast you push. I recommend very fast and reasonably hard if you're cutting onion or green peppers.

Safety
It's pretty hard to cut yourself with this unless you are bound and determined to do it. You would have to put your hand underneath and push down with the other.

Ease of Assembly
it came fully assembled so there is no issue there.

It's not hard to clean. Rinse off very good and put in the dishwasher. It comes out clean every time.

Since my old chopper lasted thirty three years, I think this will last at least that long. It's better built.

• Power:
  • Safety:
  • Ease of Assembly:

The Chop Genie Lives up to its advertisement!

from Bentonville, AR

Comments about Emson Chop Genie:

The Emson Chop Genie as seen on TV lives up to its advertisement. It will cut up fruit, nuts, vegetables, herbs, etc. It chops and minces all with one blade. The blade is stainless steel and rotates with each press. It has a self-contained base which makes clean-up easy. I previously owned a Pampered Chef chopper and it was hard to clean and the blade went dull. My husband purchased the Chop Genie for me for Christmas and it has been much easier to use and also clean. I use it almost daily and have had not trouble with it. I have read several reviews where people had troube with parts bending and falling apart. I had used mine since Christmas and have not experienced any problems. I chop pecans all the time. If you do not want to use the self-contained base, you can use a cutting board. I love my Chop Genie.

* Self-contained Base Makes Clean-up a Breeze