Other Food Processors:

Black & Decker Handy Chopper Food Chopper

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Assembly:

The Handy Chopper is one of my favorite small appliances!

When I got married, I registered for all types of kitchen gadgets and small appliances since I love to cook.  To this day, one of the items that I still use frequently is my **Black & Decker Handy Chopper**.  It is a mini version of a food processor or blender, but without the luxury of being able to add ingredients while in use.

Since this chopper is small, the cup doesn't hold very much - about one cup, maybe a cup and a half.  Simply attach the cup/bowl to the unit and insert the blade.  Then twist the lid on and you're ready to go.  Since there is only one button to operate, anyone can use this appliance.  It is extremely easy to operate.  Just press down the button and the blade will chop everything to tiny pieces if you want it to.  If you want to "pulsate", just press down on the button and let go repeatedly.

Obviously, I can't use this chopper on large jobs, but it is great for small ones.  I most frequently use it for making salsa because I prefer to make several small batches instead of one large one.  I used it last Christmas to make an herb crust for my beef roast, and this **Black & Decker Handy Chopper** was the perfect appliance for the job.

Besides the one button operation, I love how easily this fits in my cupboards since it is so small.  It takes up less room than my toaster!  Of course you could always use a blender for small jobs, but you'd have to get down to the bottom of the blender, and if you aren't working with very much food, it might be a pain to get it out.  If you are a kitchen gadget junkie like me, I bet you'd love this product!

Power
The power is good for what this product is designed for - chopping or pureeing small amounts of food. As long as you use it as it was intended to be used, you will have no problems.

Safety
This product is very safe because it will not start unless the lid is properly attached and clicked into place.

Ease of Assembly
To put this together, you simply need to insert the blade to the spool and twist the lid until it clicks into place.

Besides the base, everything is dishwasher-safe, which makes it really easy to clean. I place everything on the top rack of my dishwasher and have never had a problem.

I have had this chopper for years - about 14 to be exact and nothing has ever gone wrong with it; even when I mis-used it as a mini food processor!

Too small, chops too fine

I wanted a little food chopper for my kitchen. I hate to chop onions, and green peppers and the like. So, this little guy seemed pefect. I'm not cooking for a ton of people, so the size seemed right (I don't have a lot of storage space in my kitchen). The size is great. The power is great. My only problem is it just chops way too small. The onions were practically obliterated after using. And, even when only cooking for a small number, this thing really doesn't hold much at all. You'd be surprised how fast 1 cup is filled. If I were to do it again,I would splurge a little more and get a larger one. It isn't hard to clean, which is good, the little blade comes out, and you can rinse it fairly easily. Just too small for me.

Love this little kitchen gadget!

from Round Rock, TX

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Dishwasher Safe
  • Durable
  • Easy To Use
  • Powerful Motor

Cons

• Chopping veggies
    • Making dressings
    • Mincing Meat

Comments about Black & Decker Handy Chopper Food Chopper:

Love this little kitchen gadget! I've had my model now for about ten years and it's still going strong. I have never had to replace the blade. I usually use this to chop garlic, onions, etc or to make dressings. A wonderful gadget to have around and it doesn't take up much space. My one and only complaint is that if you put too much liquid in, it will leak through the lid as there are to rubber seals.

Easy Little Machine to Use!

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about Black & Decker Handy Chopper Food Chopper:

I bought this machine because my rival went out again. That's the second rival I've had go out in the last few years and didn't want to buy another one. I bought this on eBay. It was only used once by the seller, so I found it at a cheap price, it was ninety-nine cents plus shipping fees. It has done a great job so far, and I like it a lot more than the other small machine I owned previous to this one. Hopefully this little guy will last a lot longer.

Power
    It's just the right amount of power for small jobs. I do have to cut vegetables and other items up before putting them inside. That's the only drawback. However, it is pretty powerful and seems to chop everything pretty fast for it's size.

Safety
    This little machine will not turn on unless it's locked in place. Even my teenage kids can use it without getting hurt.

Ease of Assembly
    It's very simple to assemble and easy to use. It only has a few parts to worry about and it's self explanatory to put it together and use.

Just spray it out with soapy water, rinse it and let it dry. It's really easy to clean.

This little machine is a very durable machine. It's done a better job than the other small food chopper I had. However, I would suggest cutting things up before dicing them up with this machine, it will last a lot longer if you do.

A great kitchen tool

Comments about Black & Decker Handy Chopper Food Chopper:

I absolutely adore using my Black and Decker Handy Chopper food chopper. I typically would chop everything by hand and found that my cuts were far from even and honestly, a lot of hard work. This food chopper has really saved me time while prepping the food. It has a nice and even chop and it works great! I originally liked this particular food processor so much because it was so affordable! Some brands were extremely overpriced so I love that it not only saves me time but it also has saved me money! I have had mine for over a year and it still works just as well as the day I bought it. It is a very sturdy chopper and I know that it will always get the job done! I love using this chopper for tomatoes and onions. I make pico de gallo in a snap with this machine. I also love how small and easy it is to store. It does not take up too much space on my kitchen counter.

Great power.

Safety
    Lots of safety features and it locks!

Sometimes difficult to clean but worth the effort.

great little chopper

Comments about Black & Decker Handy Chopper Food Chopper:

As a single person I loved this chopper, it was great size wise for all the things that I put in it. I probably wouldn't use it for large amount of something, like if you had a lot of carrots to chop or something. It would great for making guacamole or salsa for one.

Power
    Not as powerful as some of the bigger food processors, but it's smaller, so that is to be expected. It was powerful enough to puree food that I put in it if I left it running too long.

Safety
    Are food processors ever safe? If you don't stick your fingers in it then yeah it's safe. There is a sharp blade, so there is the chance that you could hurt yourself. I tend to find cleaning it can be precarious, but I'm also clumsy, and have a history of hurting my fingers.

Ease of Assembly
    Super easy to assemble! just put the canister on, put the blade in, add the food, and put the lid on. Then press the button and it goes.

I find all food processors to be a pain to clean. I don't enjoy taking them apart, and it's always a pain to get the blades clean, and get all the food pieces out of everything.

Adequate food processor

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Black & Decker Handy Chopper Food Chopper:

I purchased the Black & Decker Handy Food Chopper several years ago for Thanksgiving. I used this chopper to cut up onions, lettuce, tomatoes, and bell peppers. This processor did a good job of cutting up all of my vegetables in adequate size pieces. I wish I could have made the pieces smaller, but when ever I tried to make them tiny it would end up turning into a puree. The blade and container was easy to remove for cleaning, but putting it back together at times could be tricky. Both objects must sit in the base perfectly in order for the processor to operate. I have on many occasions spent
    lengthy periods of time trying to line up the the container with the base and blade in their locking spots. It became easier the more times I did it, but it would still give me a little trouble from time to time. After using the Black & Decker Handy Food Chopper for several months the container developed a foul odor that refused to leave no matter how many times I washed it, but it didn't have any effect on the food. Sadly I had to retire the
    chopper once I broke the tab on the lid. Without the tab on the lid the processor will not work.

Perfect Little Chopper

Comments about Black & Decker Handy Chopper Food Chopper:

I always turn to my Black & Decker Handy Chopper for my quick chopping needs. My husband got it for me for mothers day 2013 because I was always complaining when I had to chop onions because of my sensitive eyes. I can honestly say this little chopper has made my kitchen days so much better and saved me from alot of pain. Not I use it for anything from onions to garlic and even the simple quick blend of spices.

Power
    The perfect amount of power, no complaint can be made at all.

Safety
    I love the fact that it will not turn on unless it's locked in place and my daughter can't lock it so there is no fear about her getting hurt.

Ease of Assembly
    Assembly is more than self explanatory. Im pretty sure a 3 year old could assemble it.

Definitely one of the easiest tools in my kitchen to clean, rinse and dry, can't be any easier.

I haven't had to find out just how durable it is yet but from the look and feel of it, i'm sure it is very durable.

Wonderful

from Edina, MN

Comments about Black & Decker Handy Chopper Food Chopper:

The black and decker handy chopper food chopper is really useful for us in our home. We love using it for soups, salads, meat and chicken preparations, fruits and vegetables. It is super quick and easy to setup and to cleanup. It is very sharp and does a good job of cutting things up in a good, and even size. This saves us a lot of time from dicing and chopping and funner too. Even my girls can help me with this part since it is safe as well. Its also really nice for onions since it chops them up quickly and has the lid to keep out the strong aroma and stinging from your eyes, rather than slicing them slowly and having teary eyes till you are done. It has been good about not losing its sharpness too and we use it often. We will be getting another of these when this one wears out or breaks. Black and Decker always has good products a good prices that are hard to beat!

Simple, quick and easy!

Black and Decker Handy Chopper

Comments about Black & Decker Handy Chopper Food Chopper:

For being this small this handy chopper has some power to it. I love using it for finely chopped onions so I do not have to deal with crying. It's also great for making small portions of dips and grinding your own coffee beans. It only has one setting and it's small so it's for small jobs but it chops great and is very durable.

Power
    I was surprised the power this chopper has for being so small. It will finely dice an onion in no time at all. We use it a lot to make a mayonnaise dip that we like and it purees and chops everything up perfectly and gets it all mixed together.

Safety
    The lid locks into place as does the container so it's safe. I leave it unplugged until I'm ready to chop my food.

Ease of Assembly
    Only has three pieces and they only go on one way, the container, the blade, and the lid. So yes very easy to assemble after you clean it.

Super easy to clean, only three small parts. Blade is sharp so be careful.

We've had ours for almost 8 years now and it still works like brand new. Blade has not worn down at all and we use it a lot.

Fantastic

Comments about Black & Decker Handy Chopper Food Chopper:

This lil machine is so convenient. The size is perfect for cooking every day meals. It was more powerful than I had anticipated. Easy to clean and reassemble!
    makes chopping veggies so easy. i want to cook way more often.

Power
    Way more powerful than I had expected

Safety
    It looks very safe, but I have just used it a few times.

Ease of Assembly
    Very easy to put together and if you have to use the chopper numerous times it is no problem taking apart and reassembling.

dishwasher safe. I love this product so much,

This product lasts and lasts. The only reason I had to purchase another one....one of my kids, not mentioning names ;) snatched mine up and brought it to their apartment!

Works for me

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Black & Decker Handy Chopper Food Chopper:

I needed a small, inexpensive, easy-to-use food processor. I adopted a dog and we could not find a dog food that she could keep down. We realized she had food allergies, and as soon as I started cooking for her, she was perfectly healthy. I bought a mini food processor to chop up vegetables for her, since this helps dogs digest the nutrients in certain things, like carrots (her favorite food). We could also mix a few things together easily and by processing them in this little machine, they become highly digestible. It's a simple machine and it will only work if you have a small amount of food to be ground up (it wouldn't have worked if I was making a week's worth of food for her at once, for example). I don't use the product much anymore because we found a dog food that works for her.