3.6

3.6

Pros

Cons

• Settings/Features:

This Emerson microwave has become my hero!

I bought this microwave 2 months ago and I love it. The appliance color is black and stainless steel which matches the rest of my kitchen appliances.The room I have inside of the microwave is just right for my home and it is so easy to use.It is easy to set up and the instructions on how to set the clock, how to change power levels, and which buttons are a one push reheat button; come with the microwave on an easy to read booklet.. (there are a few of those) If you want a different time to cook set, then that one is very easy as well. It is easy to clean on the inside as well.

I don't have to keep reheating things in the microwave now just to get them hot. I put my food inside and press a button, when it is done it is hot and ready. My other microwave had trouble heating liquid. Now we can enjoy many things quickly because of how easy it is to cook things with this microwave. No more reheating five times just to get something warm. This microwave is a god send to me and my family.

Emerson Mw8999SB Is Not Worth the Money

I purchased the Emerson MW8999SB 900 Watt 0.9 cubic feet microwave oven last year when my old one went kablooey. I only use a microwave to heat up vegetables or pop popcorn, so I don't need a large or fancy one. I looked at a lot of microwaves, and decided on this one because it looked nice (stainless steel) and didn't take up a huge amount of room.

My biggest complaint would have to be with the rotating glass tray inside. The plate fits on top of the spinning mechanism in the middle, and there is an indentation beneath the plate that has a piece of metal with three plastic wheels on it. When the mechanism spins, the glass plate spins and rolls around the circle on the plastic wheels. However, if you bump the plate even a little bit, it knocks it off the spinning piece, and that bumps the metal wheel underneath and that gets out of place. This metal piece has to be perfectly still to get the plate situating back on the spinning mechanism, but it constantly bounces around. It's a huge pain!

Also, I don't think it cooks very well. It seems like I have to cook stuff for extra time to get it hot. Overall, I wish I had picked a less problematic microwave!

Was able to get this for under 75.00 and was my best buy.

Comments about Emerson 900 Watt 0.9 cu. Ft. Microwave Oven:

I needed a microwave compact to fit on a small table and strong enough to cook. Well, this was on sale for 59.00. Wasn't sure how well it would do. Well, its two years never had any problems with it . One of my best investments.

Though it is only 90o watts I must admit I'm satisfied the performance

Settings/Features
It has minutes to just press a button up to 5 minutes or set your own timing.
Has defrosting, Has buttons for popcorn,potatoes,pizza ,Beverage,soup,dinnerplate,fresh vegetables and frozen vegetables. If you see one I recommend grabbing it. Most side dishes fit in it and most frozen dinners fit in there. As for the pizza the single pies will fit but as far as a full size that will not .

The only time I have to clean if something splatters.

If you go according to the time your product needs most times its pretty close
but if it is calling for more wattage then you will need to ad more time

Looks just as good as the first day I got it.

It is black and silver which can match any kitchen

Good Power bad spinning platter

Comments about Emerson 900 Watt 0.9 cu. Ft. Microwave Oven:

Plenty of power to reheat items with this microwave. My biggest problem and it seems other reviewers agree is the terrible design of the rotating platter inside of the unit. IT ALWAYS FALLS OFF! No matter what you put in there and if it's centered or not, the platter seems to always fall off and out of alignment everytime resulting in uneven heat distribution. Is it still worth the money, depends on what you pay for it.

• Settings/Features:

Some like it hot -- and this microwave definetely does that!

Comments about Emerson 900 Watt 0.9 cu. Ft. Microwave Oven:

After my last microwave went to the big electronics aisle in the sky, I looked for something faster and more sleek than my circa 2002 model. This Emerson is a good microwave. I won't call it great because it is a bit small -- it wouldn't hold a full-sized square dinner plate, and it doesn't have an option to just punch in time -- but it heats food really well. Everything heats evenly and never gets overdone. I also like that there is a 30-second addition option. I also like that it is sleek looking -- black with silver and a nice sturdy handle. I also like that the rotating glass plate is easy to remove and stick in the dishwasher. Overall, I'd buy another Emerson microwave again -- and it was bigger, I'd be even happier.

• Settings/Features:

Worst Microwave on the market!!!

Comments about Emerson 900 Watt 0.9 cu. Ft. Microwave Oven:

This tumor producer stopped running after just a year of owning it. Prior to completely breaking down, this crappy product heat food extremely inconsistently. A cup of water would roll in just one minute one day and take 3 minutes the very next day..... very frustrated, probably dangerous, total piece of junk. Where is the recall?

inconsistent

Settings/Features
fine if worked

not rocket science

TERRIBLE

Doesn't matter, it was crap

Emerson Mw8999SB Is Not Worth the Money

from Allentown, PA

Great Little Microwave for the Price

from Salt Lake City, UT

Comments about Emerson 900 Watt 0.9 cu. Ft. Microwave Oven:

This microwave does it's job brilliantly! I love the adorable red color in my kitchen. It looks sleek and modern. I like the pre-programmed buttons and the one-touch buttons for setting even minutes. What I don't like about this microwave is that it beeps really loudly when it's finished and it beeps four times! It seems a little excessive to me. I also don't like that it takes three steps to set a specific cook time. There's no one button that you can push then put in the cook time you want. You have to set the heat level first. Most of the time I want the heat to be the standard hottest heat. Anyway, these aren't huge concerns, so I would still definitely recommend this microwave as a great value!

This Microwave has been a good purchase.

from Grand Island, NE

Comments about Emerson 900 Watt 0.9 cu. Ft. Microwave Oven:

This Emerson Microwave was a good value and has served us well. One of the reasons for choosing this microwave was the economical price. We have had this microwave for over 3 years at has been used most everyday.

The turntable helps with even heating or cooking. The touchpad is intuitive and easy to read. Cook time is comparable to other microwaves I have owned and have used.

The microwave is somewhat small, and would not accommodate large pans. However, it has worked well for what we need in our kitchen. The small size, does mean that it takes up less space on the countertop than a larger model.

Occassionally, when cooking something for a long period of time, the microwave has over heated and shut itself off. On these occasions. After waiting a few minutes. It could be used again.

For a basic microwave without a big price tag, this Emerson Microwave is a good purchase.

Finally a microwave that survives

from Houston, TX

Comments about Emerson 900 Watt 0.9 cu. Ft. Microwave Oven:

After the deaths of four expensive microwaves, I have decided to give the emerson 900 watt ** 0.9 cu. Ft. Microwave Oven a chance. My ex-microwaves have lived for about 3 months average, and so far the emerson microwave is the longest surviving microwave out of all four. I am extremely glad I didn't waste my money on other microwaves that are barely durable. This is the best microwave I have ever purchased and I don't plan on buying another microwave soon. I highly recommend this microwave to all the people who love to buy delicious but unhealthy microwaveable frozen foods and hate waiting for a long time just for it to heat up. (like me......) Stick with emerson, and you'll be in microwaveable paradise.**

good looking and works well

from Omaha, NE

Comments about Emerson 900 Watt 0.9 cu. Ft. Microwave Oven:

It is a good microwave and replaced my old GE 0.7 cubic feet one. I was looking for a small one because my apartment kitchen is not too big. I like its look and it matches with my other stainless steel appliances. However it gets dirty easily espcially the handle and surrounding areas. My previous microwave did not have a handle and it opened with the push button, however that button stopped working so it was not opening and although it was working perfectly just because it will not open i had to throw it away. So with this microwave I made sure that it has a handle and I dont have to face the push button not opening nightmare again. Repeated cleaning of its handle is a price I have to pay for not wanting the push button opening. Its not as powerful as I would have liked but still it heats better than my previous one. Overall, I will recommend it to someone if they are price conscious and look conscious, if you want something that heats up faster than this is not the one for you.

I miss my old microwave

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Emerson 900 Watt 0.9 cu. Ft. Microwave Oven:

There's no big glaring issue with this microwave, but neither is there some big plus that makes me love it. Just mediocre.  My old GE microwave was also a 900 watt cooker, but it cooked about 20 seconds faster on the minute than this microwave.  I also have a few minor gripes about this microwave that tend to drive me crazy.  The bell that tells you your food is done dings 4 times, and even if you open the door after the first ding, the other three still follow.  This is a nuisance for me since I nuke things at night a lot when other people in my house are asleep and it can be jarring in the middle of the night.  The stainless steel also holds fingerprints like it was its JOB.

The plus are that the handle is nice, and easy to open. I prefer the pull handle to the push handles.  I also like all the presets and that you can simply press a number such as "1" and it starts cooking for one minutes, without having to putz with the 'cook time' and 'start' buttons.