Other Microwave Ovens:

Emerson 1100 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven

Pros

Cons

Reliable, long-lasting, quality product

I was going over a few of the reviews and it's interesting because they seem to vary quite a bit.  Many people are saying "this thing last forever!"  others say "it didn't last more than a year".  My experience has been the former.  This microwave was actually passed down to me by my sister when they bought their new house almost 2 years ago now.  They have a built-in over the stove microwave, so they had no need for this one.  Our old one was on it's last... who are we kidding, it barely even turned on anymore!  So we were in desperate need of one and weren't too picky about where it came from.  My sister's family had owned this for about 3 years before they handed it over to us, so I wasn't expecting a lot from it, but boy was I wrong.

This microwave is still going as strong as ever, over 5 years after it was first purchased (and through 2 families, both of which probably use a microwave more than we should!)  It does look very nice sitting on the counter.  It's a bit sleeker-looking with a nice stainless steel and black finish.  No protruding buttons and a digital timer/clock.  It's also rather large.  This is actually a plus, in my opinion, as the smaller microwaves tend not to fit enough food for more than one or two people (so you couldn't do a side of vegetables for a whole family).  But, on the flip side, it does take up more counter space.  In our old house it took up a sizeable portion of our meager countertop, though our kitchen was a rather tiny galley style.  Now it takes up one of the small ends of the countertop, but with a bit more space, it doesn't seem quite as looming as it did before.

It's super easy to operate with many pre-sets (though, in my experience, as with most microwaves I've had, the "popcorn" setting isn't very accurate).  I have not experienced any of the "sweating" or chipping problems, nor have any of the buttons worn out.  The microwave is still rotating just as well as ever and I have not noticed cooktimes suffer (I don't need to cook anything longer than normal, etc.).  All in all, this has been a fantastic microwave and I will be sad to see it go whenever it eventually decides to give up on us.  But, by the looks of it, that won't be for quite some time!

EDIT: This thing FINALLY died. We bought a little Haier microwave to replace it (we'll get a better one later, but that one is doing the job). I never thought I'd say I miss a certain microwave, but I truly do. This was a WONDERFUL microwave. Reliable, extremely durable, easy to use, big (but not bulky) and stylish. Just loved this thing. Rest in peace little Emerson 1100 watt. LOL

This thing lasted 9+ years of heavy duty use (first by my sister & her family, then by ours). Most durable microwave I have owned.

decent, and it gets the job done

let me see, the Emerson stainless steel finished microwave does a decent job at microwaving foods, (worth the money) and basically getting the job done at a decent time. it has some neat settings and features, such as, cooking baked potatoes, popcorn, pizza, beverage, frozen dinner, and it has a re-heat button too. it also has a timer, and believe me, it is loud enough to hear from the other room. even two rooms away. other features are, the "cook by weight", "defrost by weight," and "speed defrost". all of these seemed to have worked pretty well for me and my fiance. it is pretty easy to clean, except for the top of the inside. stuff always gets stuck up there, so i would suggest getting a food cover, to cover all your food that you are going to cook/cover. although, i don't remember how mega hertz it is, but i know that it does a pretty good job. i forgot to mention that it has a reset button, incase you make a mistake, and a clock button, although, almost very microwave that i have ever seen has a clock button. anyways, it's worth the money, so go ahead.

Given to us as a gift and we love it. Easy to use, easy to clean

Comments about Emerson 1100 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

This microwave oven is the best. Cooking time is always correct with the recipe used. Love the rotating plate, makes even cooking so much easier. Easiest clean up, just pick up the plate, wash it and return it. Easy wipe off inside the microwave also.

Great performance. Cooks great. Thaws out meat great. Love the fact that you can walk away and usually have no mess waiting for you. Have not overcooked anything so far.

Settings/Features
Lots of different settings. Features a nice clock and nice timer count down. The ring at the end if nice and loud so you can hear it anywhere.

Super easy to clean. Plate removes easily to clean. Just wipe out the microwave and she is ready to go again. Super super easy.

Simple to use. Not so many buttons that you don't know which one to push. It actually lists some of the foods and how long to cook.

Looks as good as new, have had it for about 5 years now. No dents or scratches on it.

Love the design, fits perfectly in the corner of our counter. The door opens exactly the right way and the turn table is excellent.

• Settings/Features:

You get what you pay for.

from Fair Play, SC

Comments about Emerson 1100 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

We have had this microwave for less than 2 years. It has stopped spinning so things no longer warm properly. You can't make popcorn because it burns. If it would continue working, it would have been a budget buy. Our last microwave lasted for 10 years so this was a little disappointing, even though it was inexpensive compared to others.

Heats well until it stopped working.

Settings/Features
The preset settings work well for what you are heating up.

There are some grooves that are difficult to get into but for the most part it wipes clean pretty easy.

It's not hard to figure out how to set it to do what you need it to do.

No complaints.

It's a stylish design that would probably look good in any kitchen. It's not extremely bulky either.

Great Little Microwave

from Taylorsville, NC

Comments about Emerson 1100 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

If you must have a microwave on the countertop this is a good one to have. It is stylish, yet compact and functional. I am always able to fit anything I need to in this microwave. It is just the right size and very easy to use. I love the sleek and modern design.

• Settings/Features:

Good microwave with too-fragile handle

from Northern New Jersey

Comments about Emerson 1100 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

Bottom mount of handle broke off after about one year of moderate use. MW was mounted atop fridge and makers probably didn't foresee that; most stress was on bottom mount, however pressure was minor and the part was definitely underengineered. can't seem to find a replacement part. Also, handle screws are hidden behind inside of door will be a chore to replace. I'm not impressed. Otherwise the unit works fine.

My personal microwave is an ancient Sanyo with dials. I much prefer them to electronic push-button panels as they're easier and faster and more intuitive. However the panel on the Emerson makes sense and is handy.

Except for the handle a good unit.

Under-engineered handle

Reliable, long-lasting, quality product

from Sandy, OR

• Settings/Features:

Owned for 3 years and still going great!

from Evart, MI

Comments about Emerson 1100 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

I have nothing bad to say about this product as I have owned it for over 3 years now and it is still going strong. A big complaint when picking it out was I heard there was no way to set a specific time. This is NOT TRUE! You just hit the power button, then type in the time you wish for it to cook for. Hitting power more than once will decrease the power of the microwave by increments of 10%, and you can still type in any amount of time. Great for reheating cinnamon buns, you use 40% power for 15 seconds and they come out nice and hot without burning them. Cooks a whole 3.5oz bag of popcorn in about 2 minutes. It has a ton of cooking options preset and is amazing at defrosting foods. Highly recommended.

long lasting product

from Mauldin, SC

Comments about Emerson 1100 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

We have had our Emerson MW8115SS microwave for more than five years, and it still works just as good today as it did when we bought it. The oven is large enough to hold a whole chicken or small turkey. The settings are easy to read and understand. The plate rotates in alternating directions each time you start it. There are automatic times for up to six minutes and then you have to push the timed use button and enter the amount of time you want to use it. Or, you can push the six minute button and then hit the 30 second button to add as much time as you want. Defrost works great, does not get the meat too hot, so it is actually cooking. Easy to clean thanks to the large oven space and full sized door. One thing I really like, when we have a pwoer surge and all the other electric clocks in the house have to be reset, I do not have to reset the clock on this oven. That may seem a small thing, but not to me.

decent, and it gets the job done

from Scranton, PA

This Emerson Microwave is so easy to use

from Flagler Beach, FL

Comments about Emerson 1100 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

The emerson microwave oven is so easy to use i wonder why everyone doesn't have one. It has large numbers that are easy to see for older eyes like mine so i dont have to look around for my glasses just to read it. There are pictures to help you figure out how to cook things so my husband can manage while i'm away visiting the kids.

The defrost button is simple to use just put in the weight and push a button, the meat is thawed to perfection, not half-cooked like other brands. You can cook all sorts of foods in this emerson microwave, rice, potatoes,ribs,mac&cheese,dips,veggies eggs,grits, i have even invented dishes for my husband. I love experimenting with new recipes.

The turntable cleans easily and the walls clean with a soft cloth and warm soapy water.

the Unit comes in Black or white with chrome accents. A nice digital clock and large door handle.

Popcorn comes out light and crisp not burnt in the center and meats are not rubbery. With all the new meals in a bag like the steam fresh stuff my life has been made much simpler thanks to Emerson and its superior Microwave Ovens

It worked great, for the first year or so.

from Springville, IN

Comments about Emerson 1100 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

My husband and I were both in the Army and with busy, random scheduals we really didn't have time to cook so our microwave was a necessity. It did it's job for the first year or so, and it was also very stylish. But after a while some of the buttons quit working and the only way to get it to cook for thirty seconds was to tap the side and hit the top of the button. Soon after that the two, and three minute buttons quit working, even with tapping the side of it. We bought our Emerson microwave at walmart for a good price, but I think it should have lasted a little longer than almost two years. It can be very frustrating when your trying to let's say reheat a piece of pizza and then the phone rings and when you come back your pizza is entirely too hot and soggy because the thirty second button didn't work and you had to press the minute button and got called away so you couldnt sit there and watch it.