Other Microwave Ovens:

Emerson 0.9 cu ft Microwave Oven

Pros

Cons

Glad I Bought

I am not much for microwaves but like to have one around.  I was shocked at how expensive some are.  But the Emerson I bought was really reasonably priced.  I was surprised at how well made and durable the microwave is for the low price I paid.  I like the turntable in it.  I microwave my coffee to heat it up, heat up left overs, cook some microwavable food, and really like how it pops popcorn.  Very quick and efficient using the Emerson.  Also cleans up easily if I screw up.  I rely on the clock to see what time it is.  All the controls are easy to use and reset.  Also stylish looking and not bulky.  I will have to consider more Emerson products in the future.

Emerson Microwaves are just okay

This is our second Emerson microwave. The first we had was much bigger but it all of a sudden died after only maybe 2 years of use. We only purchased another Emerson because it was the least expensive and we did not have a lot of money. The 0.9 cu ft is okay for warming things up but you can't use a big bowl because it's just too small. I make marshmallow fondant and I have always used a glass bowl in the microwave to melt my marshmallows but I had to find a less wide bowl to use in order to be able to microwave my marshmallows. Its a lower watt microwave so cooking does take longer and I don't feel it heats evenly because I will make something and some spots are hot and some are cold. We make popcorn a lot and it takes a lot of work trying to figure out how long each bag needs. I never use the popcorn setting because there are a lot of kernels left. I also buy frozen veggies that come in microwavble bags and most of it is hot and spots are cold. The hooks that keep the door shut are very sharp. I opened the microwave and took a plate out to check to see if it was hot and I reached my hand up to close the door and the hooks scratched my hand. It didn't bleed but the mark has been there forever. I can't say I will purchase another Emerson microwave again.

I love this because it is so stylish

Comments about Emerson 0.9 cu ft Microwave Oven:

Ive had this product for about 2years now and it still works great. I love this product because it is very good looking, the colors match my kitchen perfectly. The buttons are easly accessible and its easy to clean . The inside glass is easy to take out to clean. the microwave was a great price and is compact enough to sit on a counter and not take up too much space. I love the way the microwave heats food quickly . Overall I love my microwave and hopefully I have it for a very long time.

• Settings/Features:

It's not great, but it works.

Comments about Emerson 0.9 cu ft Microwave Oven:

It shorts out sometimes. You can only use 30 seconds or one minute time frames. It's not very large. However, it cooks fine and functions well on a regular basis. It's small so it fits well in small spaces. It's not very loud however when it finishes, it beeps much louder than needed and whereas most microwaves stop beeping once you open the door, this one does not.

• Settings/Features:

My Emerson microwave is a time saver

Comments about Emerson 0.9 cu ft Microwave Oven:

I don't know how I could have managed without the Emerson microwave I purchased last summer. Our house is a very busy house with 3 generations under 1 roof. We all work different hours and we all eat at different times. Our microwave makes it possible to heat up left-overs or defrost meat for dinner quickly.

Heats our foods very quickly.

Settings/Features
It has easy one touch buttons for foods people cook most often, like popcorn.

Clean up is fairly easy. I just wipe it down with a damp cloth.

I have not had any problems set the time or changing the temperature setting on this microwave.

Works great but I have had the plastic coating over the buttons to peel up a little bit. It was probably something I did to it.

Microwave is big enough on the inside to serve our needs but small enough not to take up a lot of space.

AMAZING microwave!!

Comments about Emerson 0.9 cu ft Microwave Oven:

This little microwave does a fantastic job!

Does an amazing job, especially for it's size. Especially love the turntable inside which ensures food is evenly heated (no more turning over half-way through cook time).

Settings/Features
Love the 6 quick pre-set settings for: pizza, potatoes, popcorn, frozen vegetables, beverages and dinner plates.
Also, the auto defrost works like a charm.

The stainless steel front finish is very easy to clean as is the glass turntable inside which you can pop in the dishwasher.

Super easy to use, even the kids can use with ease.

Has been through several moves, can take a beating and still looks brand new.

Sleek looking micro.

Cheap and dependable product

Comments about Emerson 0.9 cu ft Microwave Oven:

Though it is somewhat small, the Emerson Microwave is actually pretty decent. I have noticed a few things won't fit in it, but what it lacks in size, it makes up for in dependability. It has all the features I need such as a timer, clock, speed settings, etc. It is a wonderful product. I have used this microwave to warm up bottles to warming up food from the night before. It works great!

I have never had a problem with this products performance. I have had it for 3 years and it still works like it just came out of the box. It doesn't take long to warm things up. It's performance has not slacked at all.

Settings/Features
It has everything you need on a microwave at the push of a button.

Cleaning is sometimes a bit of a challenge.

It has everything you need, timer, clock, fast settings.

I have had the Emerson Microwave for at least 3 years and it looks and works the same.

I love the design because of my counter space in my home. It is limited so I need something smaller and this product is just that.

A Tough Microwave

from Flushing, NY

Comments about Emerson 0.9 cu ft Microwave Oven:

I had to buy a new microwave after i left my microwave noodles in my old one for way too long, and I must say, i am quite impressed with the durability that this bad boy can take. Whenever I am unable to cook dinner, I pop a few microwave dinners inside, making it so the microwave takes at least an hour of use that day. Over three years, you would think that the microwave needs to be replaced, but I have not seen even a small drop in power. Also, with smooth walls, this microwave is so easy to clean, Wiping a paper towel across an area two times completely cleans the area.

This microwave's performance has not decrease at all in the 3 years that I have had it.

Settings/Features
This microwave does not have as much options as other microwaves I have own. I was able to just plug the device in and use it fluently.

I can not stress how easy it is to clean the device. With a couple of sweeps back and forth completely cleans the area.

As said, the microwave does not add buttons you never plan to use.

Last such a long time, if it dies on me now, I wouldn't mind buying the same model.

Just be careful in measuring the application before you fit it somewhere in your kitchen. The microwave is quite length, but not too tall. Because the height isn't too high, I would suggest you keep the microwave elevated and not directly on a counter.

Breaks Down Fast

Comments about Emerson 0.9 cu ft Microwave Oven:

I've enjoyed having this microwave while it lasted as it heats up my food very quickly, but I do have a few issues with the Emerson 0.9 cu ft Microwave Oven MW9339SB.The cream colored paint on the inside of this appliance started chipping and peeling under the glass plate after some time, maybe a year. I'm not sure if this is a general product problem or because my family likes to heat seeds, which makes the plate get very hot. Another huge problem is that the microwave oven also had some small, white, lightning bolts recently. Every time I used this appliance, I had to press the release button and open the door, not knowing if the lightning bolts would cause a fire or some other hazard. All in all, I think that this microwave heats up too hot for the material it is made out of. I would not recommend this oven to anyone. If you do end up buying it, make sure you're extra careful.

• Settings/Features:

Emerson makes a good, basic microwave

from Mundelein, IL

Comments about Emerson 0.9 cu ft Microwave Oven:

When I moved into my new house, it came with this Emerson microwave. It's a little on the small side, and when I first saw it, I was sure that it would be too dinky for my microwaving needs. However, it has worked very well for me and my family. It is easy to use, big enough to heat up a plate of dinner, and heats quickly and quite well. It's nothing fancy, but it absolutely gets the job done.

This Emerson microwave has given excellent performance. It heats quickly, and can boil a cup of water in around 2 minutes or maybe less, which is very satisfactory to me. It pops my popcorn well, and heats plates of food fairly evenly, or as evenly as one can expect from a microwave. My only tiny complaint is that I sometimes find it hard to see through the door; it's got that black mesh inside that makes it hard to peek inside and see what's going on.

Settings/Features
The Emerson microwave doesn't have a lot of fancy features. It does have a few pre-sets, like popcorn, which I haven't bothered to use. It's very easy to set the clock and easy to use for basic microwaving.

This microwave is very similar to most microwaves in terms of ease of cleaning. The outside and inside are easy to wipe out, and it has a round plate inside that is very easy to take out and clean. No complaints in terms of cleaning.

My Emerson microwave is very easy to use. I love the quick cook buttons, which allow me to cook food on high for 1, 2, 3 minutes, etc. with just the single touch of a button. Pressing "100" to cook for one minute is for chumps!

The Emerson microwave has been working fine for me for several months; I don't want to jinx myself, but it seems durable, so far.

The design of this microwave is fine; it looks like a standard, regular microwave. The stainless steel and black blend well in my kitchen.

Great little microwave

Comments about Emerson 0.9 cu ft Microwave Oven:

We moved into a house that didn't have a built-in microwave, and we needed something small for our small kitchen. I also wanted something that looked nice--not like a cheap dorm-room microwave. This one has worked out perfectly for us. Even though it is on the smaller side, there has not been anything that it hasn't been able to do for us. It seems to work just as well as any more expensive microwave that we have had in the past. I also like that it has some of the quick cook buttons, but not too many that makes the control panel too busy and confusing. I also like that the door isn't flimsy like some other compact microwaves. I would highly recommend it!

Useful and practical

Comments about Emerson 0.9 cu ft Microwave Oven:

I bought this as a college student for warming up and preparing easy meals. It hasn't let me down! The interface is very simple to navigate and not at all difficult to learn. I find that sometimes when I heat dishes straight out of the fridge, there seems to be a bit of uneven heating, but besides that I have no complaints. It looks sleek and nice on the countertop, and I would definitely buy this again.

I am not sure how one would go about trying to mount this in to a kitchen setting, because I feel like this microwave oven is a bit on the bulkier side. But for somebody who doesn't mind this taking up a bit of counterspace, it is more than adequate and does the job quite well.

good job