3.5

Pros

Cons

Awesome!

Comments about Electrolux Freestanding Electric Range:

WE LOVE THIS OVEN!!!! It is super easy to use. It can be a little bit intimidating with all the buttons a first, but they are all extremely useful and actually have a purpose. We cook everything faster from boiling water and baking/broiling, to the optional convection cooking, which cooks items more evenly and faster!

Temperature Control
"Baker's blue" on the inside! Awesome!

Heat Distribution
In addition to the typical bake and broil functions, it also has a "fast preheat" option. AND it has convection bake, broil and roast as well for faster, more even cooking. If your recipe doesn't call for convection, but you'd like to use it, just simply use the "convection convert" option. It works every time! OVEN!WE LOVE THIS

Love the ease of use with the buttons. Small or large burner settings. It even sings to you instead of just "beeping" when your food is done or the timer is done! The inside is "baker's blue", which is really cool.

2, 3 and 4 hour self-cleaning settings, depending on how dirty your oven is. When complete, simply wipe out the inside with a damp cloth. Presto!

Heavy Pricetag

Comments about Electrolux Freestanding Electric Range:

Electrolux products are generally reputable, dependable products. I am no culinary chef in the kitchen, so I thought buying a "state of the art" electric range when our old one needed to be replaced might give me a slight edge. For the cost of the Electrolux Freestanding Electric Range, I figured it could prepare an entire meal for me. I've had the range about a year, and so far, I have to say I've been disappointed. The range scratches extremely easily, and it is a bear to keep clean. I've had smooth top ranges like this one before, however never have they been so difficult to keep clean. I now highly regret getting a smooth top range. The burners don't always seem to heat evenly either. Lastly, the simmer and melt functions aren't available on the largest burner. That can be a burden when I'm simmering soups that require simmering and I'm using a large pot. My recommendation: look elsewhere.

• Heat Distribution:

I wish I never bought this oven!

from Cherokee, NC

Comments about Electrolux Freestanding Electric Range:

My image of the Electrolux brand has been permanently tarnished. I'm on my third oven and I'm underwhelmed. I've had repeated issues with control panel malfunctions and malfunctioning oven lights. One day one light decided to go off and it stayed off for three months. For no apparent reason the one light decided to come back on and the other one decided to go on vacation. The cooktop on all three (I'm on my third) oven has scratched easily and readily even though I've been extra careful to not use anything but Caphalon pans. The heating on the eyes isn't even either.

Temperature Control
The temperature control is functional at best.

Heat Distribution
Not all eyes on the stove heat evenly.

These ovens are horrible. I've been through 3 in less than 2 years.

Originally, it was the design and appearance that drew me to this oven.

The cooktop is next to impossible to keep from scratching and to keep clean.

I love my Electrolux 30" Gas Freestanding Range with Wave-Touch

from Medford, NY

Comments about Electrolux Freestanding Electric Range:

I love this range - Electrolux 30" Gas Freestanding Range with Wave-Touch Controls . It is a little pricey but it worth every penny. I love to cook and even I have it for few months did not get the chance to use all the functions - it has bake, broil, convection, turkey mode, bake from top, from bottom, keep warm, etc. It lloks really nice and The wave touch controls are awesome and so intuitive - you don't need to read the manual if you don't want to.

It is also very practical because it has 2 ovens ( I always wanted 2 but did not have room to get 2). You can make cookies in one and roast something in the other one.