Other Cooking Tools & Gadgets:

Eat Smart Precision Pro Digital Scale

Nice little scale

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Eat Smart Precision Pro Digital Scale:

The Eat Smart Precision Pro digital scale works great for all sorts of cooking (and non-cooking) tasks. If you want to take your breads and baked goods to the next level, weighing ingredients is the way to go to ensure precise measurements. The tare feature is essential and works instantaneously. My only complaints are that the scale is small enough, if you put a large bowl on the scale surface, it can be difficult to see the numbers on the screen. Also, the "tare" button is the same as the "on/off" button. This can be a problem if you have a dish with ingredients in it already tared and the scale automatically shuts off (which it does after approximately five minutes) because to turn the scale on again, you have to hit that tare button, which tares the whole thing to zero. When this happened to me, I was able to dump the flour into another bowl, retare the original bowl, and add the flower back in, but if you've already added several ingredients, you might not be able to do that.

This small kitchen scale is perfect for baking

from Kalamazoo, MI

Comments about Eat Smart Precision Pro Digital Scale:

The EatSmart Precision Pro Digital Kitchen Scale was a purchase I waivered about before making the decision to get one. I needed to get a scale for easy and accurate measurements for baking bread, pastry, and cakes. I just got into baking breads and it's been helping me churn out perfect and yummy goods.

It is small, takes up very little counter space, and the digital numbers are easy to read. The tare button and the on button is on the left. I can put a container on, press tare to set it to 0 again and put my different dry or wet ingredients. You can toggle between grams, kilograms, pounds, and ounces. The capacity is 11 lbs, and I've measured yeast or sugar as little as 1 gram on this scale. It's a great tool to have in any one's kitchen.

Eat Smart Precision Scale is exactly what the name says:Precise

from Pacific Grove, CA

Comments about Eat Smart Precision Pro Digital Scale:

Having been a professional pastry chef and baker for years, I could never replicate some of my work recipes at home because I didn't have a scale. This scale is really great because it weighs in ounces, pounds and grams. I have many recipes that are in grams, so this scale makes life so much easier. It is easy to use, easy to clean up, and it is very precise. Now I can make my tried and true recipes at home with this scale and I know my products will come out consistent every time. Wish I had bought this a long time ago.

Accurate to the T! Eat Smart Precision is what U need!

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about Eat Smart Precision Pro Digital Scale:

This simple, inexpensive scale works great. I use it for weighing all sorts of things (not just in the kitchen).I purchased this kitchen scale and EatSmart's Precision Bathroom scale and I am very pleased with both. What sold me on EatSmart was the reviews of those who had a problem. It seems this company is very customer-oriented and makes things right without a fuss. Things happen, but it's always good to know that the company you are doing business with cares enough to make sure customers are happy. The reviews pretty much already say it all. This is a nice scale, easy to use and the Tare feature is, of course, a necessary thing to have. I like the fact that it takes regular batteries instead of those expensive batteries that make it more practical to buy a new item than to replace the battery. Overall, this is an excellent digital scale and I use it daily.when ever you get it you never use anything else.trust me it does wonders around the house!

Want to lose weight use the eat smart digital scale!

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Eat Smart Precision Pro Digital Scale:

The Best way to weight loss is by weighing and measuring your food and using a nifty scale like this makes it easy and less of a hassle. Your calories are much more accurate when weighing foods. Great little digital scale with easy to read numbers. The zero function allows you to place items on the scale and zero out the weight so you can weigh items in a bowl and not include the weight of the bowl itself. The scale itself is pretty nice looking and does not take up a lot of counter space. It also has an auto shut off which is good because I always forget to shut things off and this way you don't lose your batteries. Also takes standard batteries which is great because my last scale took watch type batterys which were pain to find and more expensive. Now I can just pop in a few AAA batteries. The metallic surface of the top of the scale cleans easily and matches my stainless steel appliances. :)

EAT SMART PRECISOON PRO DIGITAL SCALE

from South Saint Paul, MN

I LOVE  THIS  I DONT HAVE TO GUESS ANY MORE AT THE FOOD I  SERVE MY HUSBAND ME

THE OLD SCALES  WERE SO CHEAP AND JUST PLASTIC   AND IT WAS LIKE THE KIND YOU USE TO WEIGHT YOU MAIL ON.    LOVE THE NEW  WAY TO GO

Not so useful as a mulitfunction scale

from Osceola, IN

Comments about Eat Smart Precision Pro Digital Scale:

We bought this to use as a cooking scale and a cheaper alternative postal scale.  I can't recommend it as a postal scale because it only goes to 11 lbs and the display is located so that you must first balance a narrow box on top and then the package above that (after resetting the weight to zero) in order to see the numbers.  It is still difficult even then because the display is in shadow and hard to read.  I found it inaccurate too for this use and was constantly getting varying readings and had to pay extra more than once at the post office to make up the difference.

Now, to be fair, as far as a cooking scale I found this more useful.  This is what it's intended for after all.  I can't vouch for it's accuracy, but it doesn't vary.  I have often wished the display was lighted because it can be difficult to read because of it's location.  A clear glass container must be used on top or something very small, or there's no hope of actually reading what the measurement is.  For this reason, I have found the usefulness of this little scale awfully limited.

How did I cook without it?

from Dulles, VA

Comments about Eat Smart Precision Pro Digital Scale:

My husband received the Eat Smart Precision Pro Digital Scale for a Christmas gift.  It was something that he had wanted, but that I hadn’t seen any need for.  I thought kitchen scales were for people on diets.  Boy was I wrong!  I absolutely love using this scale!  It weighs things in ounces, pounds, grams, and kilos.  This is particularly useful when I am making recipes that I have collected from overseas.  I have found that I love to use it to be more accurate in my measurements with some sensitive recipes.  It has a tare feature, as I am sure many scales do.  It features an on/off switch as well as an auto-off if left unused for an extended period of time.  I have found that even when I am using a large bowl I am still able to see the numbers on the scale without problem.  To me this is a crucial feature.  If you can’t see the numbers when you have something on the scale, what good is it?  Some items you expect to use in the kitchen on a regular basis.  This was something that I hadn’t intended on using and never would have purchased myself, yet now I find myself constantly reaching for it.  If something were to happen to it, I would need a replacement at once as it has become almost a necessity in my kitchen.