3.7
Doughboy
Doughboy Aboveground Pools

Doughboy Aboveground Pools

3.7

Doughboy is the original above ground pool manufacturer.

Doughboy Swimming Pools are one of the highest quality above ground swimming pools on the market.  I work for a business that has sold this brand for the last 20 years.  The heavy steel construction along with the 7' deep end option sets these pools apart from the rest.  The model I am most farmiliar with is the Intrigue.  This is a full steel frame with an 8.5" top ledge.  The pool and liner are warranted for 30 years.  Most decent above ground swimming pools will offer a 20 - 30 year warranty but will typically last 12-15 years.  It is not rare that a Doughboy pool can last 25-30 years.  The Doughboy pools are available in 12' round - 32' round and 12' x 24' oval up to 21' x 41' oval.

The deluxe skimmer badly engineered basket

I bought a 2007 Doughboy 24' Round swimming pool.  The pool is great, but the basket in the deluxe skimmer is terrible.  If you have any amount of leaves get into the basket, be prepared to get it replaced, and it doesn't take much.  Everyday I clean my skimmer basket, but I can't be readily available 24/7 after a storm or some wind.  The basket was cheaply designed and the material is poorly constructed.  I have gone through eight baskets since I bought the pool.  I have never had any problem with the older pool that had to be replaced, and only once did I have to replace a skimmer basket, only because it was eight years old and it fell apart at the top.  Doughboy does not acknowledge the problem and I'm not liking the fact that I have to pay for baskets, but my swimming pool dealer gives me deals.  I've had pools at every house I've ever owned, and this is horrible.

Save Your Money & Dont Buy Doughboy

from weatherford tx

About Me Homeowner

Comments about Doughboy Aboveground Pools:

Bought a Doughboy 24 round 3 years ago after seeing good reviews of American Made Products. We are on our 3rd pump after first two just stopped working. Now the sand filter tank has water shooting out of a hole where a seam of the label is attached. Clearly a manufacturer defect. Called our dealer and they sent doughboy pics of problem and they refused to replace. Thinking we were under warranty we thought we would be covered. We were never told warranty is prorated after only 1 year. This is why American made products have such a bad rep. If you cant fully warranty your investment type product for more than a year then you have a quality problem!!! We live in a throw away society and I am sick of it. Is anything made to last and do any of these companies care about there customers?? My advice to anyone thinking of buying above ground pool, read warranty very closely and don't buy Doughboy.

They don't honor their warranty

from Merrimack, NH

Comments about Doughboy Aboveground Pools:

I purchased a 16 x 32 Above ground doughboy copper canyon in 2011. I was assured they made the strongest liner and offered a 20 year warranty against seam failure. Just four years in, I had a small seam break this winter. The water level fell and when the ice began to melt it collapsed and tore large holes through the liner. I filled the pool up to the holes, and the water still dropped to the liner. I informed doughboy, sent pictures, and it took weeks to receive a response. They lost the initial pictures I sent and I had to repeatedly ask for status updates. They refused to come out to inspect it, and wouldn't honor their warranty. I paid professionals to open and close the pool every year. This is clearly a result of a poor product and the company won't stand by it. Stay away from Doughboy.

Defective product with worthless warranty

from Cabot, AR

Pros

• none

Cons

• Defective
  • Poor Construction

• Summer

Comments about Doughboy Aboveground Pools:

Working professional with grand children. Ordered
this pool because we were told they had a quality product and a good warranty. Neither was true.
Pump head was defective and had to be replaced, which they did after 2 tries, then we found out pool wouldn't hold water. Flooded our yard, spent hundreds on water. We sent photos and they are back peddling. Don't buy from this company.

22 years and still going

Comments about Doughboy Aboveground Pools:

Our Doughboy is 22 years old, I have replaced the liner once, the filter (D.E) just last year, I am on my third pump though but have not replace with doughboys. Just now am I looking into painting the side walls and ledge just because of fading. I would if need be replace my doughboy with another and nothing else. You can not go wrong with this brand

Doughboy is the original above ground pool manufacturer.

from East Rochester, NY

The deluxe skimmer badly engineered basket

from Goose Creek, SC

Comments about Doughboy Aboveground Pools:

Doughboy is the only name in aboveground pools!

from Bay City, MI

Comments about Doughboy Aboveground Pools:

We bought our doughboy pool in 1989,, still have it,, only replaced the liner after 17 years,, still have original pump, filter, vacuum head, skimmer, ,, We hired a company to install it, dig the hole for the deep end(24' round) for the 7 1/2' deep end.   We bring the pump in the basement every winter, filter goes in garage or shed,, nobody around here can believe this pool has survived these frigid Michigan winters and hot summers.  You get what you pay for.

I'd give up a lot of other things before I'd give up my Doughboy

from Corbett, OR

Comments about Doughboy Aboveground Pools:

We have had our Doughboy above ground pool for just over a year. We had one outside for summer fun some years ago, and decided to go the extra mile and make it an indoor heated pool on a cement pad with a soft pad on top of the cement, so we can use it all year. The building, which is next to our house, has a sliding ceiling so it can be open if we want it to be.

I have lost a lot of weight and gotten my diabetes and arthritis under control with pool exercising, generally twice a day--early morning and after dinner. When I am out of town I use hotel pools but they are never as comfortable as my own at home, and I find that is one of the first things I miss and am ready to get back to!

It is so much fun to be able to have my grandkids and other family over, as everyone knows they will be invited to swim in our Dougboy pool. I keep a wide range of sizes of swimsuits on hand so nobody will have to decline the invitation! We have gotten so much enjoyment out of our Doughboy this first year, that I will not hesitate to replace whatever parts might wear out in the future. It's the best thing I've ever found to benefit my health--I just wish we had done this sooner!

2 THUMBS UP!

from Quincy, IL

Comments about Doughboy Aboveground Pools:

I am currently on my 2nd Dough Boy pool.  When I sold my other house the pool stayed and when I bought this house in December of 1998 a pool was installed in June of 1999!  The one I have now is a 28' x 48" with a 5 1/2' deep end "MorningDance" by Doughboy and it sure has been put through the hoops!  I have 5 grandkids that practically live here throughout the summer and when I have pool parties I usually have between 15 to 45 people here.  I did have to replace the pump a year ago do to a cracked housing but that was because the tarp I had over it in a really rough winter had come loose and the pump was exposed to and sitting in lots of snow and ice over a 4 month period. (My bad!!!!)  One year I even had a pair of mallard ducks take up residency in the pool!

2 thumbs up for Doughboy Pools!!

Sharon

We've had ours over 14years no liner, sides, ect. at all

from Clinton, IN

Comments about Doughboy Aboveground Pools:

We bought our pool when our daughter was 6 she will be 20. I also have 5 nephews. Our daughter had every birthday party here with at least 15 kids.     We Did have it installed by the company we purchased it from, well worth the extra cost, we where swimming in it the same evening.  The only thing we had to replace the motor after about 8 years, but the liner has never failed us yet.  Can't wait to get it open for another summer.