View more laptops

B130
Dell Inspiron Notebook PC

Dell Inspiron Notebook PC

3.7

Performs beyond expectations and runs Windows 7 like a charm.

I have owned this laptop for several years now and my Inspiron B130 functions in a well.  I was able to get Windows 7 to install quickly and work without any major...Read complete review

I have owned this laptop for several years now and my Inspiron B130 functions in a well.  I was able to get Windows 7 to install quickly and work without any major complications.

Mechanical Review:

--To maximize satisfaction with this product, I manually upgraded my RAM to ~2 GB.

--The only problem I have incurred while using this product is that the battery overheats when the laptop is extensively used.  A simple fix is to buy a fan to place underneath and within moments, the heating problem is mostly solved.

Operational Review:

--This laptop can play video games such as like World of Warcraft, Lord of the Rings Online, GuildWars etc.

--When running several 'resource hog' applications at once, I have encountered situations where the computer may freeze.  However, do not fret about these situations because in many cases, they are reproducible and once one becomes accustomed to the causes, the annoyances can easily become avoidable.

Summary:

Overall, this is a very solid product and though some may consider this technology obsolete, is well worth the investment.  Through my experience using my Dell Inspiron B130, it functions beyond what it states it can and sufficiently meets my expectations.

The Dell Inspiron B130 is a relatively good basic computer

This computer is not the greatest computer in the world. However, if you are someone just looking for a basic laptop that can run Word and iTunes, then this will work for you. I would not suggest it to anyone who needs much computer power. It works well with only a few programs running, and none of them using too much memory. It does not have many USB ports for anyone using more than one or two different USB items. It also does not have a very long lasting battery. It's battery lasts about an hour when it is on low level screen and no internet is used. It is a simple laptop. It is good for anyone who needs something to use for word processing, and a little hard drive space. The biggest problem I have experienced is just that. It does not have enough hard drive space. It cannot hold as much on it as I would like or sometimes need it to hold. It also freezes up every so often when trying to do more than one thing at a time. It simply is not a computer for anyone who knows much about computers, but for someone who needs a laptop for notes, or to move files easily from place to place.

Fantastic

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

I have had my Dell inspirion b130 for some years. Love it! I have never had any problems with viruses or the operation of the laptop in general. I also recently purchased a mini laptop which was unfortunately not a Dell and oh the disappointment. That mini laptop has so many issues and recently the keyboard stopped working so I went back to my trusted Dell which has never let me down!

The Dell Inspiron B130 is a relatively good basic computer

from Suwanee, GA

i love my dell

from Allentown, PA

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

Okay I absolutly love this computer! but it took me a bit! i had the computer for 2 months and i have a home based buisness! i order the computer from dell online. three months into haveing it. the entire computer crashed. here there was a recall on some parts . dell fixxed it but i lost everything on the computer. then a few months later i had a problem with all the keys on the key board popping off and breaking. again sent to dell and fixxed. after it has been fixxed it works great... few inor bugs in the beginning but now i wouldnt trade it for any other.

Cheap, yet convenient!

from Baltimore, MD

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

The Dell B130 may not be the best laptop on the market, however, if you require only basic computer operations and access to the internet without shelling out a lot of moolah, this is the laptop for you.  The cost is well within even the tightest of budgets and won't hurt your pockets.  Additionally, the graphics are good and it's able to handle many graphics programs.  It's also user friendly and easy to use.  Practical and inexpensive.

tThe B130 laptop

from Kansas City, KS

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

The B130 dell laptop is a good laptop, for on the go, at home, and at work. you can also go wireless if you are at a hotel .i like laptops because they are very easy to access from anywhere they can get internet service. one thing i dont understand the letters on the keyboard can be bigger for people who cannot see small letters. but all in all i would reccomend this laptop to anyone who was looking to buy from dell. the brightness is good, performace is good , wallpapers is nice. needs to come with a mouse and printer. so save your money up and buy this laptop at a good price if you like to travel and dont want to use the hotels internet place then this is a good laptop .

Performs beyond expectations and runs Windows 7 like a charm.

from Charlotte, MI

Mechanical Review:

Operational Review:

Summary:

Dell has always made a great product

from Ladys Island, SC

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

**The Inspiron computer is just right for me, because, I can carry it easily with one hand without having to struggle or ask someone else to carry it for me.  It is always dependable, it works with an outlet or battery no matter the condition with a wireless connection.**

complete waste of money didn't last 2 yrs

from Sachse, TX

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

i bought this product 3 yrs ago and have not been able to use it the past year. My purpose was to use it for college. The laptop didn't last 2yrs before it was not usuable. the battery life was horrible. would last maybe 2 hrs off the charger. The port that you plug the battery into to charge is what broke. I went through 3 chargers because they we all bad. The port fried and broke off. I tried to tell dell before that happend that it was the port not the charger. But they wouldn't listen when i finally convinced them they told me my warrenty was up so i would have to pay . they wanted to replace the whole motherboard which was going to be a minimum of 150 and i would loose everything on the  computer. I would also like to say Dell has the worst customer service ever. half the time i can't get someone that speaks good english and the other half they don't know what they are doing. I feel like they are only out to get your money and i will never buy a nother dell again

The Inspirion has been cost effective and easy to use.

from Charleston, SC

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

I have been very happy with my Inspirion B130.  It is convenient and easty to take with me.  I only use it for basic computer processing but it works great for me.  I like the easy way to find things that I need.  The battery doesn't last very long and I have to keep it plugged in if I am using it for any real period of time. I have also had a hard time with the electrical plug, it doesn't always register that it is plugged in and the battery will die even while plugged it at times.  However, after realizing the sensitivity, I have learned to just not move it much unless I am taking it somewhere.  I like the screen size and I like the way the keys are set up.  I have been able to update my pictures and edit them to my liking very easily and they are easy to save.  I have utilized the memory and have a lot of information saved on it.  I have been able to get through my master's degree program much more easily thanks to this computer.

Durable, reliable, and practical.

from Cottondale, AL

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

The Dell Inspiron B130 laptop is a quality computer that is perfect for use by a student. The computer is virtually indestructable and its large keyboard make it a great accesory to an efficient work station. I've used this computer for over 2 and a half years and carried it to and from school everyday. The computer is small enough to be convenient to carry but is large enough to make working comfortable. The computers solid exterior makes it ideal for a working environment. The screen is absolutely massive and is awesome for watching movies and video clips. The most amazing thing about the computer's practicality is the impressive battery life that allows for a productive experience no matter where. No computer is perfect and the B130 could probably be a bit more stylish, but for the price it is a great investment. Even for a sloppy student, this laptop will last you until your work is done.