View more laptops

Dell
I9300L1
Dell Inspiron Notebook PC

Dell Inspiron Notebook PC

Super computer, has outlasted all my others!

I have had this laptop for 7-8 years now, which basically makes it a dinosaur of a computer!! I just can't bring myself to replace it yet because it still works so well. I work from my computer full time so the larger screen definitely makes my work easier. I love the size of the keyboard as well. Some other laptops have a smaller more compact keyboard which makes it harder for me to type. We have owned 3 other laptops by different brands since we have had this Dell, and all of them have already bit the dust...one only lasting 2 years before it died on me! It also was more expensive than this one, which just blew my mind. I am definitely a dell customer for life since using this computer. I don't think others make better ones than this.

Full size keyboard makes this super easy to use.

Battery Life
When this laptop was new, the battery life was great, but as with all laptops, the battery life has dwindled as its gotten older. I just keep mine plugged in all the time now, but hey, remember this laptop is 8 years old!

Support & Service
I had purchased a 3-year warranty for this and had to send off my computer a couple times, but always got it back in better shape and in a timely manner. My experience with Dell Support has been good

Speed/Performance
Again, keep in mind that my machine is 8 years old. It is definitely not as fast as it used to be, but it still is fast enough for me to keep using it for work daily.

Any design that lasts this long is top class in my book

You won't find a more durable computer

It's alright...

The Dell Inspiron 9300 is huge. I got this laptop 4 years ago for college and it's still pretty much alive. It is great for multitasking because of the huge wide screen, which I love for times when I just downloaded a movie, or when I'm editing something on Photoshop. However, right after my one year warranty, the screen started getting these one pixel lines going up and down the screen. They accumulated until I had about 10 lines on my screen and it was terrible. The warranty was up but Dell had a recall program for a specific group Inspirons sold around the time I bought mine, so thank goodness I got it replaced. But 4 years later, the pixelated lines came back and now I have about 7 of them. I'm not sure of it's just the Dell screen, but I would say this is a big problem with Dell laptops. I had a bunch of friends who had the same problem and it seems to only be with Dell laptops.

All in all, Dell is great for customization of your laptop and easy shopping. But avoid it if you don't want any technical problems!

Super computer, has outlasted all my others!

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

Full size keyboard makes this super easy to use.

Battery Life

• Speed/Performance:

A great workhorse, 5 years and still going

from Snoqualmie, WA

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

The inspiron 9300 has worked flawlessly in the time I have had it.  I upgraded the RAM and I can't find a reason to replace it.  Sure, the new netbooks are tempting with their low prices but along with teh low price comes a small screen, barely any computer power or graphics capability.  I'll stick with this desktop replacement anytime.  Dell may not make the most stylish laptops but they definitely have built one to last here. I think the next replacement will be a laptop with the Ultra low voltage chip so that I can take it on the road for 8-10 hours.  That's the only limitation for this laptop along with its weight, it's probably 9 lb or more.

update:  The screen is finally starting to show its age and it gets a line or two where the LCD is giving out.  Perhaps it's time to start shopping for a new laptop again.  I'll stick with Dell as they have good offer a good value and reliable laptops.

Huge awesome laptop!

from Grand Prairie, TX

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

This laptop I bought many years ago is awesome! The huge 17" screen enables you to watch movies with exceptional quality so you can bring your movies anywhere you go! It also has a great graphics card that enabled me to play many pc games I wanted, especially the critically acclaimed World of Warcraft at the time, that required a nice graphics card to play it the way it was meant to be played. The only gripe I would have about this machine is for some reason, the screen started getting many horizontal running lines that made the screen unusable. I was told that that is the motherboard and so my computer is passed it's life-span. I was only able to use it for a few years but it was great while it lasted! That is the reason for the 4 stars instead of 5. For those that had the long lasting version, than it is well worth is such as the ones my other 2 family members got.

Dell Inspiron 9300

from Stockdale, TX

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

My husband bought the Dell Inspiron 9300 for my birthday 2 1/2  years ago.  I love this computer and have not had too many issues with the computer.  I love that the screen is so large--it is 17inches!  This has been great for doing basic computing, looking at photos, editing photos, playing games, and so much more.  My kids like to use the computer to watch DVDs on.  It is much larger than their portable dvd player and they can see the picture better.  I have only replaced one part of my Dell to date.  That is the power adapter plug.  The computer stopped recognizing the adapter, but after my husband replaced the plug on the end, it works great.  However, my battery is now starting to lose charge quickly.  I can't complain too much those.  This computer has been used many, many hours and it is going on three years old.  Knock on wood, I have not had any major technical issues.  This computer has been great.  Dude, I got a Dell and I love it.

Dell Inspiron 9300 Laptop works for us.

from Belgrade, MT

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

A computer is a necessity for our family. It's always on and used for word processing, publishing, editing, email, blogging, photo editing, finances, watching DVDs, etc. We were given a refurbished Dell Inspiron 9300 approximately 3 years ago and I'm typing on it as I write this review. It has been our main computer since then. It's a bit bulky for carrying around all the time but great for what we do. The screen size is great. When we don't set up our projector to watch a movie on we are still able to watch it on our laptop with no problems. It's a large enough image for the everyday photo editing we do and we are pleased with the resolution. We've added our own mass storage to increase our own storage capabilities but were pleased with what it came with. The speakers work well for a laptop and the fans are generally quiet. It does tend to get hot so we've purchased a fan for underneath it. Overall, we're happy with this laptop.

Inspiron 9300 is a solid laptop.

from Red Lion, PA

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

The Dell Inspiron 9300 is not, a netbook for you to be carrying around all over your house. This laptop is meant to be put on a desk and kept there which is why it is called a desktop replacement. The laptop itself is very solid and good for the time it was made. It has a nvidia geforce card which can play some older pc games and an intel processor which is better than some laptops being made today.

If you are looking to do some serious gaming than this is not however the laptop you are going to want. If you are a person who likes to sit on the couch checking emails and what not this is not your pc. This is a laptop for those who are going to sit at a desk and do some work or other non pleasure related things. It is a rather old model that is not supported very well anymore by dell so if you run into some problems with it you will have to take it to some third party to get it fixed.

This is a computer for general needs that will see to most needs other than comfort in your living room or gaming. It is very sturdy too, mine was once droped on the floor and it still worked.

Overall it is a general laptop good for multiple needs.

Dell Inspriron express yourself

from Rockaway, NJ

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

I got my Dell Inspriron 9300 last March. I had wanted one for so long. Laptops are a bit different then PC's but they make life easier. You can be near you kids and still feed your computer addiction.

I use mine daily. My kids are sometimes allowed to use it. It runs fast and smooth. Kids added a bunch of games and it did not slow it down.

I highly recommend this product. It performs, company you trust, and the colors let you express yourself.

Amazing Buy

from North Haven, CT

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

**Getting the ****Dell Inspiron 9300 Laptop was the best decision I've made. It has all the qualities you could ever want in a laptop. It offers the Intel Pentium M Processor and extended battery life. Also offers incredible graphics performance for entertainment applications.It has a large screen but its easy to travel with.**

dell inspiron keeps draining batteries, stuck to an outlet

from Aurora, IL

Comments about Dell Inspiron Notebook PC:

I have to say that I really enjoyed my laptop until it started draining my battery life, I bought a new battery and it drained it completely. Less than 24 hours and I had to go back to an outlet and plug in. This is not very convenient when I have a 2 year old and need to move locations when doing work. It is very limiting and when I went online to troubleshoot Dell will not provide any information because my warranty is up. I find that to be terrible customer service. Luckily my husband is very good at computers so I will have to rely on him to try and figure out the problem.

It's alright...