Other Misc. Tools & Hardwares:
DeWalt DW718 Compound Miter Saw

DeWalt DW718 Compound Miter Saw

My good friend.

Comments about DeWalt DW718 Compound Miter Saw:

Before owning this saw I had a radial arm saw. Since owning this saw I find myself rarely using the radial arm saw. This saw is so easy to set up for a project with its settings and controls conveniently located. I have added an assortment of blades and a stand which have expanded my capabilities. This saw makes precise cuts and has power to spare for those thick cuts. A big plus is it is portable because I don't just use it at home. I am pleased with my investment.

Couldn't work without it

from Lilburn, GA

Comments about DeWalt DW718 Compound Miter Saw:

The Dewalt compound miter saw is the most essential tool in my arsenal.  Many years ago it turned me from a greenhorn wanna-be into an instant trim carpenter.  I would have never been successful at installing crown molding without it.  This model has a dual bevel which is very useful because you can use the trim on either side of the saw.  The miter angle can go up to 50 degrees.  As a professional, I can testify that Dewalt is one of the best tool manufacturers out there.  Their tools are very durable and powerful, while still being affordable.  I added an L.E.D. attachment to my miter saw which helps pinpoint where the cutting line will be.  Overall, my opinion is that I would highly recommend it for anyone from a homeowner who has an occasional project to a professional who is looking for a dependable, versatile, durable and reliable addition to their tool collection.  Thanks Dewalt for making quality tools

The DW718 is the best saw I've used.

from Conyers, GA

Comments about DeWalt DW718 Compound Miter Saw:

The DW718 is the best saw I've used. I am a highly skilled interior trim carpenter who takes a lot of pride in my work. In order to do top quality work you need to have top quality tools. That's where the DW718 comes in. As one of the main tools a carpenter uses, the miter saw must be accurate, durable, and reliable. DeWalt created a saw that excells in all of those areas. I like having the preset tilt locking positions, as it makes cutting baseboard accurate and efficient. I also like the fact that the tilt will do past the typical 45 degree stopping point. Another improvement is that you can cut up to 6.5 inch boards vertically against the fence. The motor is strong, hardwoods are no match for this saw. The DW718 is rugged, I've accidently flipped the saw off my cutboard a few times (oops) and it perfectly fine, didn't even have to recalibrate. If I had one thing to change, I would have the swing arm to go 60 degrees in both directions, when I miter skirtboards on staircases, I frequently cut double-compounds greater than 50 degrees on both sides of the swing. Maybe the next model will incorperate this feature. All in all, the DW718 is the best miter saw money can buy.

The most used tool in my shop!

from Onalaska, WI

Comments about DeWalt DW718 Compound Miter Saw:

I love this saw. It gets used all the time. I use it to cut wood, plastic and aluminum and it handles the task well. I like the cutting capacity and adjustability of this saw. I looked at others befor buying this one. Insist on a horizontal D handle for ergonomics. I purchased 2 hold down clamps so that I could leave one on each side of the saw. It isn't hard to move them but I found it a hastle that I wanted to avoid. The only gripe I have is when I use the saw to make a bevel cut. it seems tricky to get it set back to 90 degrees without checking it with a square.

I got rid of 2 radial arm saws after buying this saw. It is much safer, more versatile and far more accurate.

This saw is a little spendy for ocasional use but It has become one of my favorite tools.