View more DVD Players

DVD Player
CyberHome
CH-DVD 300S
CyberHome Player

Summary

The CH-DVD 300 is a small-footprint, ultra-compact DVD Player for home theater. While affordably priced, this unit has some of the most advanced DVD features available, including Progressive Scan, Last Memory function, JPG/MP3 and MPEG playback, Digital Audio outputs and more!

CyberHome Player

2.7

Other first DVD player my family had that I STILL use!

This amazing little DVD player was one of the first my family had because we needed one for two rooms, and despite it being over ten years old I still have it hooked to an old dial console in my room and it works like it's brand new! Perfect 90s retro!

For such an old player it plays DVDs beautifully, and I make sure to keep it dusted and use the cleaning disk now and again as well as use special lens wipes on my disks to keep them clean.

Playback Quality
This player NEVER skips or messes up a DVD, never has, unless the disks have been scratched or dirty or the power goes out.

Sound Quality
Trust the sound to be perfect on this player, and it helps that the TV it's hooked to has good speakers. Hasn't had a glitch on the sound yet.

It's lasted over a decade, played DOZENS of DVDs both new and used, has been hooked up to several different TV sets in my house, and it's still like new! If that isn't perfect quality merchandise I don't know what is.

Just power it on, open the drive, put in the disk, and play! It also keeps my place when I shut it off.

Disposable DVD Player

Everything about this player screams "bargin basement." But that's not a bad thing. The bad thing is its reliability - been through two of those CH-300s - both broke for no apparent reason ... I didn't drop the DVD player while watching DVDs, water it with a hose, etc. The first just stopped turning on, and ironically the second one couldn't turn off unless you unplugged it.

The remote has an array of about 40 buttons all the same size. They all have a cryptic abbreviation attached to them. It's hard to figure out which button does what, and the onscreen feedback isn't too helpful - a small sign appears in the corner of your TV notifying you taht a particular function isn't available at the moment. It doesn't give you any clue on what the button actually does - e.g. "Fast Forward isn't available in this mode." The DVD player isn't intuitive by any means, and the manual is sparse.

And this DVD player is noisy - you can hear the discs spinning up as you pop one in for a good couple of seconds. Not to mention that it is slow in operation- there are noticeable gaps between you pressing a button and the DVD player responding, whether the button be on the remote or on the DVD player itself.

Other than that, it plays DVDs back just fine. It also plays VCDs, which is a definite plus and maybe its only saving grace.

If you get a good copy of the CH-300, you'll be satisfied. But there seems to be more duds than good copies.

Other first DVD player my family had that I STILL use!

Playback Quality

Sound Quality

• Playback Quality:
  • Sound Quality:

CyberHome Mini DVD Player, It was good for awhile

CyberHome Mini DVD Player model # CH-DVD 300 with progressive scan output

I bought this CyberHome Mini DVD Player about two years ago at Bennys. I needed a DVD player and this was a good price at the time.

The Mini DVD player supports Dolby Digital, MP3 and JPG. It has progressive scan. It plays DVD, SVCD, VCD and audio CD discs. It also plays JPG Images and MP3 music files on CD-R/RW discs. It features slow playback, repeat playback, parental controls, MP3 player, JPG player, screensaver mode, Zoom, direct track selection and on-screen display.

This sounds good. It worked good for the first year. Not so much anymore. It always tells me I have a bad disc. If I take the disc out and blow on it then it reads it for some reason some times. It still works, but blowing on every disc after waiting and waiting to see if it is going to read it is quite the pain in the butt. It is slow and the remote has to hit it right on or it doesn't work.

I recommend it if you are looking for a cheap player temporarily or as a backup. If you want something permanent for a living room that is going to be used a lot then I definitely don't.

• Playback Quality:
  • Sound Quality:

Not worth the price

from Elwood, IL

Comments about CyberHome Player:

Didn't use it much and the last time it wqas used it would not eject the DVD. Had to force it open to get disc out and it hasn't worked since. Power light doesn't come on anymore either. Opened it to see if it was fuse and the fuse is OK. Not sure what happened.

This is a quality dvd player.

from Canton, OH

Comments about CyberHome Player:

This is a very small, compact model and does not take up a lot of room. It is a very good model and we have never had any trouble in the past 3 years of our use. This dvd player has a very good quality to the picture and sound and is very user friendly. I recommend this brand to everyone.

Worst DVD Player

from Eureka, CA

Comments about CyberHome Player:

I've owned two of these players and both failed after sitting idling for a year. I only used the players occassionally and never used them for a year. When I put in a dvd after a year, the player had errors and the status light does not turn green for on or red for off. The status light stays orange and the tray would not open no matter what I did. It surpised me that both players had the same problem after not being used for a year. I would stay away from this type of dvd player no matter how low priced it is. I manually opened the tray and put a dvd in, the player will not read the disc because it detects that there is no dvd. The player worked great with its basic features when it worked. The remote is compact but contains all the normal button found on most dvd player remotes. If I were to invest in a dvd player, I would stay away from this one.

Cheap not neccessarily better

from Austin, TX

Comments about CyberHome Player:

I have a small apartment so I invested in this cheap, small DVD player because I just needed something that wouldn't take up much space and would get the job done. It has been reliable and easy to use for the past year, until now. Suddenly, the DVD player would not turn on. I unplugged it and plugged it back on, and it turned on, but this time the DVD would not eject. Finally after a while spend unplugging and replugging, the darn thing started working. This is now a common occurance when I'm trying to play a DVD. It will still usually work after a while but it is very annoying and inconvinent, especially when everyone is waiting around for the movie to start and we have to fix the DVD player first. Overall, I would say skip this DVD player, and spend just a little more money for something that will be reliable for long term use. I regret buying this thing, and will probably be getting a new DVD player for christmas.

Disposable DVD Player

from Jacksonville, FL

RUN!!!!!!!!

from Palmdale, CA

Comments about CyberHome Player:

THE CYPER HOME DVD IS THE WORST DVD PLAYER YOU COULD BUY. I PURCHASED 5 FOR MY FAMILY AROUND CHRISTMAS. TWO WORK FIND, BUT THE OTHER THREE WILL NOT PLAY ALL DVD'S. IT IS SO FUSTRATING TO BUY A MOVIE AND THINK YOUR'RE GOING HOME TO WATCH YOUR MOVIE, AND THE MOVIE WILL NOT PLAY.

it doesn't last a lifetime

from Kingston, PA

Comments about CyberHome Player:

we puchased a bunch of these after our children express they wanted them for there rooms 5 in all... they lasted only 1-3 years and then lost the abilty to read discs slowly...for the price they are good but next time spend a little more and have it a little longer.

For the price, a good choice.

from Laurel, MD

Comments about CyberHome Player:

I had previously had a similar DVD player that didn't last very long and replaced it with an early DVD/VCR combo that had to be returned within weeks for multiple problems.  So when I found myself without *any* DVD player, I went out to find a cheap one to hold me over until the combo units became better and cheaper.  I made I good choice!  This DVD player is easy to set up and use.  I have had no problems.