Other Crock Pots & Slow Cookers:

Crock-Pot 3.5-Quart Slow Cooker

Pros

Cons

• Cooking Performance:

Everything we cook comes out so juicy and tender.

I lost my crock-pot to my husband. He loves using it. I did the cooking for 20 years, now since he use to watch Emeril, Alton Brown and many others on Food Network. He has taken over the kitchen. Trust me, I'm not complaining. It's a nice change not having to figure out what to cook for dinner. Thank you **Rival crock-pot**, everything comes out perfect, tender and juicy.

When I use to use the **Rival crock-pot**(until he took over, the sweetie he is). I was so shocked how a full 4 lb. chicken came out. I had never cooked one in the crock-pot before. I have had this crock-pot for so long I don't even know the size of it anymore. I still have the little cookbook that came with it, and also picked up a small one. The skin on the chicken was the real shocker, it was crispy the meat though was oh so juicy. Figure that one out.

Now my father-in-law had to have one, so he went out and bought a Rival crock-pot. Now he'll put his dinner in it and forget about it all day. He loves it. His only concern was if it was sitting in fat while cooking. I went through the book that came with mine and ordered him a rack you can place on the bottom. This way it still has the cooking method, yet it's not sitting in the grease. I'm surprised on how a little amount of water goes in and how much ends up in the pot when you are done cooking. Who ever invented this idea really came up with a winner.

You can use it all year round, doesn't heat the kitchen up if you feel like having a roast, and the veggies to go with, in the summer. So the Rival crockpot gets used year round as so does our grill. Even though the season may change, cooking doesn't have to.

Rival Smart Pot Crock Pot works when we need it.

Not sure who gave us the Rival Smart Pot Crock Pot for a wedding gift but it is easy to use and clean but we have not found much use for it. I would think it be more useful because you can just throw the stuff in it and let it cook all day while your at work and dinner would be ready when you come home. Sounds great but for some reason I have only used it once to cook a beef stew and I think my wife may have used it twice to cook something long ago tha I have forgotten about, I am not even sure she used it twice but I know she has used it once. Maybe we need to get more reciepes for stuff to cook in a crockpot or something. It just seems like it would save time and be less of a mess but I am a last minute kind of cook and rarely decide on what I am going to cook until it is time to actually cook. I need to plan ahead more so I can use this more because it did a great job cooking the beef stew and it came out a lot better than the beef stew I made on the stove. I think the problem is that it is in on the top shelf of the panty out of sight and out of mind. It is a little small though maybe that is why I never think to use it, we are always cooking for five. Maybe we sell this one and upgrade to a bigger model.

No frills Crock-Pot!

from Stoughton, Wi

Comments about Crock-Pot 3.5-Quart Slow Cooker:

I guess the reason I purchased this particular crock pot was to save some money. I basically assumed all crock pots were about the same and I am sure that is true to some degree but this crock pot really is not the best choice.

Time to Heat
This crock pot is functional and basically heats food adequately. However, the biggest problem with it is that there are only two settings. The high setting cooks food too quickly and the low setting is fine but I really like to have the option of having a warm setting so that after your food is cooked, you can just keep it warm in the crock pot and avoid over cooking it.

Cooking Performance
The dishes I tried in this crock pot turned out fine but I have been frustrated with the overall cooking performance of this crock pot. On several occasions, the meats I prepared were over cooked and dry. I found that even when I used the low setting, the liquid in the crock pot was often boiling.

This crock pot does have a removable crock which makes it relatively easy to clean.

The biggest complaint I have about this crock pot is the lack of a a warm setting. It is just not that versatile and convenient to cook using this crock pot.

I can't speak to the durability of this crock pot because I have only had it for a couple of years and honestly I will probably buy a new crock pot to replace this one very soon.

Good product

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Crock-Pot 3.5-Quart Slow Cooker:

I have previously and in the past purchased and used this Crock Pot Three point Five Quart Slow Cooker and I found that I really did like this product. I purchased this when it was just me and my husband and no children and I was able to make the perfect amount of home made soups and home made stews and I was also able to make a small roast with carrots and potatoes and everything fit perfect. Also this cook everything very evenly and very slowly almost the perfect amount of time. I never had a dish come out bad of this crock pot. I really loved it. I also found that this Crock Pot 3.5 Quart Slow Cooker was very easy to clean. I just had to wipe it out with soap and water and nothing ever stuck to the pan or it never got too hot. The price for this slow cooker was very reasonable and this slow cooker also lasted me a very long time. I found that this was the perfect crock pot for a family of two. It was very durable and I was happy with it. I would certainly recommend this product to all of my friends and family.

Great quality

Comments about Crock-Pot 3.5-Quart Slow Cooker:

I really love using my Crock-pot 3.5 quart slow cooker. On busy days I would find myself worrying about how I was going to have time to make a delicious dinner for my family. A friend a few years ago showed me recipes using a crock-pot and I was so impressed. I thought they were just for warming but they also cook! This particular crock pot is great for family meals because it fits enough food for my family! It's not too oversized but just right. It always gets the meat juicy and tender and I am impressed with how well it cooks vegetables and really blends flavors of the dish your creating. If you have not tried one yet, I would highly recommend this particular crock pot. It really works great.

Time to Heat
It is called a slow cooker for a reason! If your using a crock pot it's not going to be a fast meal but it's great because it does most of the work for you!

Cooking Performance
The cooking performance is great.

It is very easy to clean!

Extremely easy to use. It's very self explanatory.

It is difficult to store because of it's size and shape, but I keep mine in my pantry.

3.5 quart slow cooker

Comments about Crock-Pot 3.5-Quart Slow Cooker:

This is the perfect size for dips and small meals. I bought this mainly to make dips and keep them warm for parties and dinner parties. I would not suggest getting this to make large meals as the ingredients would not fit. It heats stuff very evenly and heats up quickly. The only thing I would change about this slow cooker would be to add clips so the lid stayed on during transport. I take this a lot to potlucks and it is hard to keep the lid on during transport.

Time to Heat
Starts to heat up very quickly. I notice it getting warm in just a few minutes.

Cooking Performance
Cooks very evenly, I never have a problem of foods being cold or uncooked in the middle.

Food does get stuck and is sometimes hard to scrub off. I usually soak my slow cooker for a few hours in hot soapy water before I even attempt to wash.

Put in your food and turn it on, simple as that!

It is small so storage or leaving out on the counter top is not an issue.

Very durable.

Above average crock pot

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Crock-Pot 3.5-Quart Slow Cooker:

I have made chilli, baked potatoes, and soups with the Crock-Pot 3.5-Quart Slow Cooker, but I mainly use it for cooking rice and oatmeal. I had great success cooking brown rice on the low setting for 20 minutes and about 95% of the rice is cooked well. The remaining 5% tends to burn because there is a spot in the cooker along the side that gets hotter than any other place. To off set the burned rice I just cook a little extra. Oddly enough this isn't a problem when I making oatmeal. Oatmeal usually takes about 18 minutes to cook properly in this cooker. Even though this cooker has been good to me it has some issues. I really wish this cooker had a temperature setting instead of just high and low. I have never had to put this cooker on high because the low setting produces a very high temperature. I also wish there was some sort of on light indicator. There is no way to tell initially if this device is on unless I touch the side. Despite these short comings I would still recommend the Crock-Pot 3775 Slow Cooker because it's a good cooker at a great price.

• Cooking Performance:

Strong, Sturdy, and Reliable Crock pot.

from Boston MA

Comments about Crock-Pot 3.5-Quart Slow Cooker:

In the time that I have had this cooking appliance I have never had a problem with it. In fact I have been more than happy with the services that it has given me. The food I have made in it has always been cooked all the way through and I have never had a bad metal taste from the pot or anything of that nature. Overall I really like this crock pot

Time to Heat
Like all crock pots heating time is slow, but I would say that this one has a little faster time than average.

Cooking Performance
In general I am very pleased with the quality of the cooking performance from my crock pot.

Unless you are one to make huge messes this crock pot is very easy to clean.

Sometimes it takes a while to master the art of crock pot cooking, but I believe that this is an easy crock pot to learn on.

Crock pots never really look great, but I would have to say that this one looks about the same as any.

This crock pot is very durable. With an outer metal layer it can go through a lot of wear and tare if you need it too.

Has Everything You Need

Comments about Crock-Pot 3.5-Quart Slow Cooker:

This was one of my first Crock Pot cookers I ever owned, and was also one of the best. There is not anything fancy about this model, but it gets the job done.
With a 3 and a half quart pot, you can fit almost any meal in there, and it cooks for about 2-3 people (depending on what you are cooking). It has three basic settings, and does not overheat even on the higher settings. The pot itself is very durable, and it comes with a clear durable glass lid.
Clean up is extremely easy. The pot can be removed from the base without any hassle.
If you're looking for a good basic crock pot, or you are buying you're buying your first one; I would highly recommend this model.

Time to Heat
The heat times are about average compared to other crock pots out there.

Cooking Performance
Does a phenomenal job at cooking up almost anything you can put in there.

Cleaning is a breeze. Also parts can easily be removed, cleaned and reinserted.

Easy to Use

Comments about Crock-Pot 3.5-Quart Slow Cooker:

This crockpot is just the right size for a family meal. It's a very basic model so if you're not looking for all the bells and whistles, this is a good crockpot to have. It only had 3 settings on the dial: high, low, and warm. I usually cook things on low and then switch to warm before the mealtime to keep it from cooling off. I've also used the liner as a roaster pan in the oven when I didn't want to use the crockpot itself. It does seem to cook at a high temperature which burns the edges by the time the rest is cooked, but cooking things on the lower setting and using more liquids seems to help with that problem. You could also use a crockpot liner to make cleanup easier, but I've found that just soaking it overnight works great. Metal spoons and wire brushes will scratch the finish on the liner so it's best to avoid using them. Many of my friends have crockpots where the handles on the crockpot or lid break after just a few uses, but I've been using this one for 5+ years and it's like brand-new.

I love my new Crock Pot

Comments about Crock-Pot 3.5-Quart Slow Cooker:

The size is perfect for my family of four (could easily feed 6). I love that the ceramic pot removes for easy cleaning. My old one didn't do that.

This is one of my favorite features. In the past, crock pots were easy to use, but hard to clean. I will use my crock pot much more often now that I can remove the pot to clean it.

The Best Gift I Ever Received

Comments about Crock-Pot 3.5-Quart Slow Cooker:

I received this 3.5 quart slow cooker as a Christmas gift about 4 years ago. It has made many meals for my family since that time.

Prior to receiving it, I really didn't have much experience using a slow cooker so I would only use it for making pot roast. Later, thanks to Pinterest, I discovered an entire new world of slow cooker meal ideas and have since expanded my slow cooker recipe collection.

This specific model only has 3 settings, high, low and warm. This makes it difficult to determine cooking length sometimes since even the warm setting gets pretty hot. I quickly discovered if a recipe said 8 hours on low, it would probably only take half that time in mine.

The one thing I wish this model had was a timer. It's very hard to put food in, turn it on and leave for the day because it does cook so fast and there is no way for the temperature to be lowered unless you are right there to do it. More than once I've attempted to put something on low for the day, only to come home to meat that was practically mush. I love tender meat, but that is a bit too much for me and my family.

The price is great for this basic model. It makes a great started for anyone that is new to slow cooker cooking. The oval shape easily accommodates whole chickens and rather large sized roasts, in comparison to the round slow cookers that are available.

Overall, it's a good tool to have in the kitchen, especially if you are a busy mom like myself.