Other Crock Pots & Slow Cookers:
Hamilton Beach
Hamilton Beach 8-Quart Slow Cooker

Hamilton Beach 8-Quart Slow Cooker

Pros

• Easy to operate (3)

• Meats (4)
  • Rice (3)
  • Veggies (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (3)

My Hamilton Beach 8 quart slow cooker is priceless!

My Hamilton Beach 8 quart slow cooker is my favorite appliance. I use it at least twice per week, sometimes more. I'm a busy mom who doesn't always have time to cook a meal but  this slow cooker is happy to do it for me. I really like the no spill locking lid feature-no more messes in the car when I want to take it with me for a pot-luck meal. It also has a lock-on spoon that fits neatly on top of the lid. I use it for all kinds of dishes from pot roast to pinto beans and every meal I have ever cooked in it has turned out just right. It's easy to use and very easy to clean it up afterward. The food always cooks evenly and thoroughly without burning or sticking. It is good for storing the left-overs in the refrigerator too. I just let the food cool, lock the lid and set the crock in the refrigerator. When I'm ready to use the left-overs, I set it on the counter for a few minutes to get the chill off, then I put the crock back into the stainless steel cooker and turn it on. How easy and time saving is that?!

Looks great, good size/cooks well - lid left a lot to be desired

I absolutely loved everything about this crock pot, until the top handle felloff the lid!

Warmed up fast and remained at a steady temperature

Cooking...Read complete review

Warmed up fast and remained at a steady temperature

Cooking Performance
Cooked well, even, timely, no problems here!

Very easy to clean!

Very easy to use, pop in the food, add lid, fire it up!

I looks great, but the lid left a lot to be desired!

The base itself lasted longer than the lid and was only a few months old when the handle came apart from the lid. I had to get a replacement and I purchased a different machine with my refund and so I don't know for sure if they would all go the same way!

crock pot

from orlando fl

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Dishwasher Safe
  • Easy to Operate

Comments about Hamilton Beach 8-Quart Slow Cooker:

i love this crock pot i use it almost as much as my stove maby more to cook in and every thing turnes out so good

I would buy this again

from Muncie IN

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Dishwasher Safe
    • Easy to Operate

Cons

• Slow

Comments about Hamilton Beach 8-Quart Slow Cooker:

I love this slow cooker. I can put a roast and veggies in it and let it cook to perfection without doing anything to it for hours.

Perfect product perfect dinners

from Wheeling wv

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Variety of Uses

Comments about Hamilton Beach 8-Quart Slow Cooker:

I am in love with my Hamilton Beach 8 quart slow cooker its my new number one favorite!! No more standing over a hot stove or oven trying to make a Homestyle meal for my family.. this product is perfect and Cooks Purrfect leaving your cooking time and making your days go easier! I love that I can start it in the morning before I leave and come home to a perfect mail without the worry cooking it up real quick or the safety of a cooking while I leave for the day! I've never had meal taste so great. This Hamilton Beach Cooks the food evenly and thoroughly . Have used this product to cook many different foods from rice have never had any food come out soggy or have I ruined a meal! I would recommend this slow cooker to anybody you will not be disappointed if you buy this!!

Large 8-quart Slow Cooker by Hamilton Beach

from Marshall, MI

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Easy to Clean
      • Easy to Operate
      • Large size
      • Variety of Uses

• Casseroles
        • Desserts
        • Side Dishes
        • Soups

Comments about Hamilton Beach 8-Quart Slow Cooker:

I fell in love with this Crock Pot/Slow Cooker as soon as I seen it. I have a 3qt and a 5qt. This thing is huge. I can fit anything I make in it without having to worry about running out of room. Especially a large pot of chili. I was always running out of room in my 5qt. This Hamilton Beach is the best!

This is one big slow cooker and ideal for those large size needs

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Hamilton Beach 8-Quart Slow Cooker:

This eight quart unit is ideal when you have a large meal to prepare however that size is to the rim and you really find that to keep it from bubbling out of the pan, it holds about seven and a half quarts. But the size is why I bought this unit and I have not been disappointed. This unit cooks everything to perfection.

Time to Heat
        This unit heats quickly and works similar to other slow cookers with the limited low, medium, and high temperatures to select from.

Cooking Performance
        This over sized unit works great to cook meat, soups, and you can cook enough chilli or all of the neighbors or ideally you can freeze meals for using later.

Slow cookers are normally a easy clean up, however I like to use those slow cooker liners and that guarantees a easy clean up. The crock is like other slow cookers, it is easy lift out, takes a while to cook down. Just be sure that it is cooled before lifting out and that any liquid is cooled. The lid and the crock itself can be put in the dishwasher.

It really is easy to prepare a meal in one of these pots and they works great to heat leftovers. Slow cookers are really easy to use and are ideal for a whole meal of to have a roast ready to eat upon arriving home after being gone all day. What makes this one so unique is it's super size.

If I had one complaint with this unit, it would be the short cord that is included. I am not sure why they make these so short unless it is a safety thing on the counter but it is not always convenient to put this unit in front of a outlet.

Like all of my other crock pots this one has a plastic pin that the temperature control fits on. The outer knob comes off easily and is hot to touch. I just use something to turn it on/off with.

• Cooking Performance:

Good crockpot for large meals

Comments about Hamilton Beach 8-Quart Slow Cooker:

I use my slow cooker for literally everything. I cook chicken breast in it. I make dips in it. I make soaps in it. i cook roasts in it. There is not anything I have not tried. And to top it off, everything I have tried I have liked. This slow cooker is inexpensive and works great.

Time to Heat
        All of the heat settings cook within the desired amount of time a recipe calls for. I have never had to cook my food for longer than the recommended time at the recommended setting.

Cooking Performance
        All of my food has always turned out great. My chicken is never dried out and my dips stay creamy. My soaps are well blended and my roasts are moist. It does a really great job.

The slow cooker is very easy to clean. A little soap and water and you are done. To make cleaning even easier though, I use the slow cooker liners. They do not stick to the slow cooker and slide out with no issues.

This slow cooker is very easy to use. There are only three settings....stay warm, low, and high. You plug it into an outlet, set the temperature, and let it go.

The design is very simplistic. The only thing I would change about this slow cooker is adding a timer or alarm. However, I know there are other slow cookers with this deicing for a high price so I opted for one without.

I have used my slow cooker at least twice a month for approximately four years. I have never had any issues with it and it still works perfectly.

• Cooking Performance:

Love my Hamilton Beach Crock pot!

Comments about Hamilton Beach 8-Quart Slow Cooker:

I absolutely love my crock pot! I use it for everything. There are many different recipes you can do with the Hamilton Beach crock pot. It has 3 different heat settings; high, low, and warm. I love the warm setting! The crock pot heats up pretty fast and is a good size crock pot. Its very easy to wash and it is dishwasher safe. Great for roasting meat! Very easy to use. Decide what you want to slow cook, place all the ingredients inside and then put it to your desired heating and then place the top on. In about 6 to 8 hours, depending on what heat setting you have on the meal should be perfect and ready to eat! The crock pot is very easy to assemble. Take it out, place to pot in the cooker and plug it in. The design of the crock pot is very simple and nice. I chose the black one because all of my appliances are black. It is very durable and doesn't seem to be cheap at all. I am very satisfied with my Hamilton Crock pot.

A must have!!

Comments about Hamilton Beach 8-Quart Slow Cooker:

Absolutely love this crock pot! It cooks hot and even and cleans up very easily. Considering buying a second one just to have for side dishes. Best crockpot Ive ever owned.

Time to Heat
        The only thing I would advise about is that the "low" setting is like some "high" settings on other "older" crockpots. Just keep an eye on it for the first few times that you use it. You will get used to how to cook in it. I love that it cooks hotter - makes many dishes cook faster

Cooking Performance
        Definitely cooks even!! I've used it for spaghetti, soups, stews, roasts, and have even used it to make apple crisp. Works great and couldn't be happier

Love how easy it is to clean. Bowl inside comes right out and washes easily. the outter parts of the crockpot wipe off with a soapy cloth and looks good as new!

extremely easy to use - plug it in - turn the dial - and done! One of the best ways to cook supper for a busy mom.

love the design - I store it on an open shelf and people are always asking me where I got it.

I have actually dropped the lid before and it didn't break!! didn't leave a mark!! Very durable and built to last

Very nice product

from Ohio

Comments about Hamilton Beach 8-Quart Slow Cooker:

I love using slow cookers. I have tried many different ones and I think this may be one of my favorites. My mom has this one and I love going to her house to use it. It cooks the food really well. I love how it doesn't take forever if you have it set on high for the temperature. The food tastes great and always comes out evenly cooked. I also love the fact that It looks nice in the kitchen with all of the other cooking items. This is a very inexpensive item and you get a great item for what you pay for it. I love that its not hard to clean. The glass makes it easy for burnt on food to be scrubbed off. It doesn't really take up a lot of room in the kitchen so its easy to store. The food always comes out great so overall I really do like this crock pot and would definitely recommend it to someone looking for a great item for a small price =)

Time to Heat
        Doesn't take long to fully heat up

Very easy to clean.

• Cooking Performance:

The greatest thing since sliced bread.

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Hamilton Beach 8-Quart Slow Cooker:

I don't know what I would do without my crock pot. I love leaving the house knowing dinner will be done when I get back. I also love the fact that I can cook more than just 1 item at the same time. I have put potatoes and steak in at once and everything came out great. This sleek black and stainless steel slow cooker from hamilton beach has a curved handle wrapping around the sides that stays cool to the touch. It’s large enough to serve meals for a large family, a five-pound chicken. Designed for durability and ease of use.

Time to Heat
        Heats up quickly but sometimes it does not heat evenly

Cooks great

I love that you can take out the inside of the pot and wash it.

It is kind of bulky to handle. Everyone should get a crock pot. People that don't know how to cook can just through in what they want to eat and walk away.

Great desing but I wish it was taller not wider.

I have had this crock pot since 2011 and it has been dropped many times and still works.