Other Crock Pots & Slow Cookers:

Hamilton Beach 8-Quart Slow Cooker

Pros

Cons

• Cooking Performance:

My Hamilton Beach 8 quart slow cooker is priceless!

My Hamilton Beach 8 quart slow cooker is my favorite appliance. I use it at least twice per week, sometimes more. I'm a busy mom who doesn't always have time to cook a meal but  this slow cooker is happy to do it for me. I really like the no spill locking lid feature-no more messes in the car when I want to take it with me for a pot-luck meal. It also has a lock-on spoon that fits neatly on top of the lid. I use it for all kinds of dishes from pot roast to pinto beans and every meal I have ever cooked in it has turned out just right. It's easy to use and very easy to clean it up afterward. The food always cooks evenly and thoroughly without burning or sticking. It is good for storing the left-overs in the refrigerator too. I just let the food cool, lock the lid and set the crock in the refrigerator. When I'm ready to use the left-overs, I set it on the counter for a few minutes to get the chill off, then I put the crock back into the stainless steel cooker and turn it on. How easy and time saving is that?!

Looks great, good size/cooks well - lid left a lot to be desired

I absolutely loved everything about this crock pot, until the top handle felloff the lid!

Warmed up fast and remained at a steady temperature

Cooking...Read complete review

Warmed up fast and remained at a steady temperature

Cooking Performance
Cooked well, even, timely, no problems here!

Very easy to clean!

Very easy to use, pop in the food, add lid, fire it up!

I looks great, but the lid left a lot to be desired!

The base itself lasted longer than the lid and was only a few months old when the handle came apart from the lid. I had to get a replacement and I purchased a different machine with my refund and so I don't know for sure if they would all go the same way!

This is one big slow cooker and ideal for those large size needs

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Hamilton Beach 8-Quart Slow Cooker:

This eight quart unit is ideal when you have a large meal to prepare however that size is to the rim and you really find that to keep it from bubbling out of the pan, it holds about seven and a half quarts. But the size is why I bought this unit and I have not been disappointed. This unit cooks everything to perfection.

Time to Heat
This unit heats quickly and works similar to other slow cookers with the limited low, medium, and high temperatures to select from.

Cooking Performance
This over sized unit works great to cook meat, soups, and you can cook enough chilli or all of the neighbors or ideally you can freeze meals for using later.

Slow cookers are normally a easy clean up, however I like to use those slow cooker liners and that guarantees a easy clean up. The crock is like other slow cookers, it is easy lift out, takes a while to cook down. Just be sure that it is cooled before lifting out and that any liquid is cooled. The lid and the crock itself can be put in the dishwasher.

It really is easy to prepare a meal in one of these pots and they works great to heat leftovers. Slow cookers are really easy to use and are ideal for a whole meal of to have a roast ready to eat upon arriving home after being gone all day. What makes this one so unique is it's super size.

If I had one complaint with this unit, it would be the short cord that is included. I am not sure why they make these so short unless it is a safety thing on the counter but it is not always convenient to put this unit in front of a outlet.

Like all of my other crock pots this one has a plastic pin that the temperature control fits on. The outer knob comes off easily and is hot to touch. I just use something to turn it on/off with.

• Cooking Performance:

Good crockpot for large meals

Comments about Hamilton Beach 8-Quart Slow Cooker:

I use my slow cooker for literally everything. I cook chicken breast in it. I make dips in it. I make soaps in it. i cook roasts in it. There is not anything I have not tried. And to top it off, everything I have tried I have liked. This slow cooker is inexpensive and works great.

Time to Heat
All of the heat settings cook within the desired amount of time a recipe calls for. I have never had to cook my food for longer than the recommended time at the recommended setting.

Cooking Performance
All of my food has always turned out great. My chicken is never dried out and my dips stay creamy. My soaps are well blended and my roasts are moist. It does a really great job.

The slow cooker is very easy to clean. A little soap and water and you are done. To make cleaning even easier though, I use the slow cooker liners. They do not stick to the slow cooker and slide out with no issues.

This slow cooker is very easy to use. There are only three settings....stay warm, low, and high. You plug it into an outlet, set the temperature, and let it go.

The design is very simplistic. The only thing I would change about this slow cooker is adding a timer or alarm. However, I know there are other slow cookers with this deicing for a high price so I opted for one without.

I have used my slow cooker at least twice a month for approximately four years. I have never had any issues with it and it still works perfectly.

• Cooking Performance:

Love my Hamilton Beach Crock pot!

Comments about Hamilton Beach 8-Quart Slow Cooker:

I absolutely love my crock pot! I use it for everything. There are many different recipes you can do with the Hamilton Beach crock pot. It has 3 different heat settings; high, low, and warm. I love the warm setting! The crock pot heats up pretty fast and is a good size crock pot. Its very easy to wash and it is dishwasher safe. Great for roasting meat! Very easy to use. Decide what you want to slow cook, place all the ingredients inside and then put it to your desired heating and then place the top on. In about 6 to 8 hours, depending on what heat setting you have on the meal should be perfect and ready to eat! The crock pot is very easy to assemble. Take it out, place to pot in the cooker and plug it in. The design of the crock pot is very simple and nice. I chose the black one because all of my appliances are black. It is very durable and doesn't seem to be cheap at all. I am very satisfied with my Hamilton Crock pot.

A must have!!

Comments about Hamilton Beach 8-Quart Slow Cooker:

Absolutely love this crock pot! It cooks hot and even and cleans up very easily. Considering buying a second one just to have for side dishes. Best crockpot Ive ever owned.

Time to Heat
The only thing I would advise about is that the "low" setting is like some "high" settings on other "older" crockpots. Just keep an eye on it for the first few times that you use it. You will get used to how to cook in it. I love that it cooks hotter - makes many dishes cook faster

Cooking Performance
Definitely cooks even!! I've used it for spaghetti, soups, stews, roasts, and have even used it to make apple crisp. Works great and couldn't be happier

Love how easy it is to clean. Bowl inside comes right out and washes easily. the outter parts of the crockpot wipe off with a soapy cloth and looks good as new!

extremely easy to use - plug it in - turn the dial - and done! One of the best ways to cook supper for a busy mom.

love the design - I store it on an open shelf and people are always asking me where I got it.

I have actually dropped the lid before and it didn't break!! didn't leave a mark!! Very durable and built to last

Very nice product

from Ohio

Comments about Hamilton Beach 8-Quart Slow Cooker:

I love using slow cookers. I have tried many different ones and I think this may be one of my favorites. My mom has this one and I love going to her house to use it. It cooks the food really well. I love how it doesn't take forever if you have it set on high for the temperature. The food tastes great and always comes out evenly cooked. I also love the fact that It looks nice in the kitchen with all of the other cooking items. This is a very inexpensive item and you get a great item for what you pay for it. I love that its not hard to clean. The glass makes it easy for burnt on food to be scrubbed off. It doesn't really take up a lot of room in the kitchen so its easy to store. The food always comes out great so overall I really do like this crock pot and would definitely recommend it to someone looking for a great item for a small price =)

Time to Heat
Doesn't take long to fully heat up

Very easy to clean.

• Cooking Performance:

The greatest thing since sliced bread.

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Hamilton Beach 8-Quart Slow Cooker:

I don't know what I would do without my crock pot. I love leaving the house knowing dinner will be done when I get back. I also love the fact that I can cook more than just 1 item at the same time. I have put potatoes and steak in at once and everything came out great. This sleek black and stainless steel slow cooker from hamilton beach has a curved handle wrapping around the sides that stays cool to the touch. It’s large enough to serve meals for a large family, a five-pound chicken. Designed for durability and ease of use.

Time to Heat
Heats up quickly but sometimes it does not heat evenly

Cooks great

I love that you can take out the inside of the pot and wash it.

It is kind of bulky to handle. Everyone should get a crock pot. People that don't know how to cook can just through in what they want to eat and walk away.

Great desing but I wish it was taller not wider.

I have had this crock pot since 2011 and it has been dropped many times and still works.

Overall, a great choice

Comments about Hamilton Beach 8-Quart Slow Cooker:

As a mom of four I heavily rely on my slow cooker to cook at least 2 to 3 dinners a week. I've even made overnight French toast, dessert, and many other things in my slow cooker so having a good one is very important to me.

Time to Heat
From the moment you turn it on it starts heating up right away. I would say it takes about 15 to 20 minutes to get to its highest heat if you leave the cover on and nothing is completely frozen inside of it.

Cooking Performance
As far as slow cookers go to cooks just fine. I would say it probably cooks a little faster than what I'm used to.
The one thing I dislike about the slow cooker, that's probably my biggest complaint, is that unlike other digital slow cookers, this one wont go from highest to keep warm and doesn't have a timer. I miss that from my last slow cooker.

Cleaning it is fairly easy but it can take some scrubbing to get the inside smooth. The outside wipes fairly easily and I have had mine for over six months now and would say it looks like new.

It really can't get any easier: Plug it in turn it on let it cook.

The design is just like almost every other slow cooker. I can't imagine it being much different other then like I said earlier a digital being nice as a timer.

• Cooking Performance:

Hamilton Beach 8-Quarts of Ease!

Comments about Hamilton Beach 8-Quart Slow Cooker:

I have to say, I have 2 of these slow cookers. I love that the insert comes out for easy cleaning. The surface is slick which makes it even easier to clean. I never have trouble with things sticking. I can remove the insert and take that to a dinner without the clunkiness of the pot. It is a great size for my family of four. It heats super fast and holds the heat well when I remove the insert. I which there were more color options of even print designs available. The price is affordable. I have dropped the insert on several occasions while cleaning and it has never chipped or crack. With my clumsiness, it is awesome to have something so durable.

Time to Heat
Heating time is very quick.

Always cooks even.

Removable insert allows for quick and easy cleaning.

Not a lot of buttons to program. Very easy to use.

I like the simple design, but would prefer color or print pattern options.

I have dropped the insert while cleaning and it has never chipped or cracked.

Hamilton Beach 8-qt. Slow Cooker

Comments about Hamilton Beach 8-Quart Slow Cooker:

I received this slow cooker as a wedding shower gift. I actually received two and had to take one back. It is one of my favorite gifts. It is so easy to use. It has three settings- low, high, and keep warm. I love using it to make soups. It will cook the soup quickly and keep it warm for a long time.

Time to Heat
This slow cooker can cook a large pot of soup in a few hours time. I made a great potato soup and it kept it warm and was easy to store in the fridge. The next day we pulled it out of the fridge and put it back into the slow cooker on low to reheat it.

Cooking Performance
It does a good job in thoroughly heating the soup and keeping it warm.

The pot is a bit hard to clean. It is heavy and awkward to maneuver and clean. I usually let it soak over night in hot water and soap and then scrub it clean the next day.

The slow cooker is easy to use and self explanatory.

It has a clean design and we leave it on the counter so it is ready to go.

• Cooking Performance:

My son cooks with it at least twice a week !

from Columbus, GA

Comments about Hamilton Beach 8-Quart Slow Cooker:

A great dorm room tool. My son took my 5 year old crock pot when he went to his first military duty station. He loves that he can put everything in the pot, turn it on and when he gets home from work, he has a wonderful meal READY TO EAT as soon as he walks in the door.

The easier it is to clean, the more likely young people will use it.

One dial, several settings, what could be easier.

It was 5 years old when my son got it, and its still going strong today !