3.9
Rollers & Curlers
Conair

3.9

Great Curls...Quick and Easy

Conair has really made my life a bit simpler with their Portable Hot Curlers.  I love this product for the sheer fact that I leave them at work if I am running late and need to do my hair once I am there.  They heat quickly, set my curls quickly and I am ready for work in about 10 minutes flat...or curly!  haha

The curles are in three different sizes that allow me to curl the front, sides and back with very little effort.  They are so easy to use that my daughter loves them better than her expensive curling iron!  She says my curlers are faster, better and more practical then her curler!  That I found hard to believe but she says it's true!

I can always look my best even when I am in a rush and have minimal time thanks to these hot rollers.  I love them and will never be without them.  In fact, I think I may purchase a second set to leave at the gym!  Now how's that for thinking ahead.

Sandy

Conair Instant Heat ION Hot Rollers

The Conair Instant Heat ION Hot Rollers heat up very quickly -- but not instantly, as the name says. The wait time is about 3-5 minutes at most while the wax in the core of the rollers melts.

The rollers do get very hot, and one problem I have is that the felt covering over the metal can wear off over time. I accidentally have touched the metal and it left a red burn mark. Part of the reason that the felt wears off is that the plastic clips that hold the rollers have very rough ends that scratch off the felt. I think that later models of this hair setter have different, softer clips. My other con is that if I leave the rollers in my hair until they're completely cooled off, the clips leave marks on my hair.

Curls in seconds

from Eagle River, AK

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

• Limpness/Lifelessness

Comments about Conair Instant Heat ION Hot Rollers:

I have finally grown my hair out long enough to use hot rollers again, so out they came! These work perfectly for me.

They heat up quickly, the dot in the center of the rollers tells me when they are hot enough to use, and they add perfect curls to my head. They do get hot, but the way I style my hair it isn't an issue for me.

I flip my head over and put my hair in a high ponytail. I divide my hair into 4 sections and curl each one. I leave the rollers in until they are cool, and then remove them. I have a head full of hair and no clip marks. This is an unconventional way of curling the hair, but I have fine thin hair and it works perfectly for me.

• Hair Type:
    • Straight Hair

from North Tonawanda, NY

Comments about Conair Instant Heat ION Hot Rollers:

CONAIR rollers-- bring on the curl!!

from Excelsior, MN

Comments about Conair Instant Heat ION Hot Rollers:

my hair. where to begin. first of all, i have straight long hair. sort of coarse. doesn't hold a curl well, mostly due to the weight of it. so it's safe to say i have tried many many of the hot rollers and curling irons on the market. I actually think this one is up there, consider it one of the best. the price is comparable with many others, it's comfy on the head, the curl looks awesome, and it holds nicely. one thing i didn't care for was the fact that the edges of the roller gets REALLY hot if by the face. i have had to hold a hand towel under the roller to keep it off of my skin. but the curl forms fast, it heats up fast, I don't have any other complaints. It stores nicely in the bathroom cabinet, you can put it away right away even if still warm because you just place the rollers back in, and shut the top. neat and tidy. I guess i wish there were more of the larger sizes included, but i have a ton of hair so maybe thats just me. (needing a larger quantity) i am considering buying a second one so that i can put twice as many on my head for even longer lasting curl.

The Conair Instant Heat ION Hot Rollers are miracle-workers.

from Idaho Falls, ID

Comments about Conair Instant Heat ION Hot Rollers:

I have really liked my Conair Instant Heat ION Hot Rollers which I've been using for three years.  I don't use them everyday but they are nice for special occasions when I want to look especially nice with curly or wavy hair.  I like how fast these rollers work- I can heat them up while I'm doing other things and then once they are in my hair it doesn't take long for a good curl to stay in my hair which normal is very difficult to style.  Curl stays in my hair after using the Conair Instant Heat ION Hot Rollers better than I've ever been able to achieve with any other hair curling device.  I'd recommend spraying your hair with a small amount of hair spray right before putting the rollers in your hair, and then as the hair spray dries from the heat of the roller it helps to lock in the curl.  This little tip will help you create the best hairstyle you've ever been able to find for your hair.

Great Conair rollers!

from Chesapeake, VA

Comments about Conair Instant Heat ION Hot Rollers:

Every once in a while I love to do my hair ridiculously curly! Im talking about some huge hair! This usually happens around the holidays and anytime I have to wear a dress. After years of going about it the old fashion way, with a curling iron over a 3 hour span of time, I decided to get myself a set of rollers to make the process a bit quicker. I chose Conair because of the quality that I have witnessed over many years of owning their products. I felt very confident about my decision even though this set was priced great! I got a heck of a product for a great price. When I took them home and tried them I was very happy. They heated up quick and were a breeze to put into my hair. I really like how simple the clips were to remove the rollers. I didn't end up with a million pins sticking my head. I'm not so sure about the ion aspect of these rollers, but they do leave my hair very shiny and beautiful!

Great Curls...Quick and Easy

from Tom Bean, Texas

Sandy

Great for once and a while but curls start to fall out.

from Naperville, IL

Comments about Conair Instant Heat ION Hot Rollers:

I love to put my hair in hot rollers for a special occasion. These do the trick but I wouldn't say they are phenomenal. I do like the different roller sizes, that really helps when you are trying to frame your face and you don't want to have a massive curl right next to your cheek. They take a little while to heat up so this is no last minute for work style option. Also, expect to spend a good fifteen-to-twenty minutes parting and placing them in your hair. I have thick, slightly wavy hair so perhaps for others with thin hair the placement would be quicker. The curls seem to last about three hours for me and then they stretch out. I do use hair-spray to set the curls once I am done but I don't use any product before the curling so perhaps that is my downfall, or my thick hair simply won't hold a curl as well. Either way I still use them about once every two weeks and enjoy the reaction I get from my husband and friends.

Love conair's heated rollers!

from La Jolla, CA

Comments about Conair Instant Heat ION Hot Rollers:

These hot rollers from Conair are a surprise, because I usually do not like conair products. However, these work well on my hair!

You simply heat them for a while (for a long while, for longer lasting hair), put the rollers in your hair, leave them for a while depending on how long you need your hair to last, and take them out. They leave your hair feeling very smooth! The curls are also quite natural looking, and your head feels so full! I definitely love the curls that these rollers give my hair. And the volume, it's great!

The only downside is that the curlers do have to be heated for a very long time, and you have to leave them in your hair for a while if you want them to stay all day. The time is the only issue, but if you have time at home then you should definitely buy these. Also, I would spray the curls with hairspray after I am done, because they tend to drop after a while, since the curlers are not that heated.

not enough heat

from Green Cove Springs, FL

Comments about Conair Instant Heat ION Hot Rollers:

I purchased **Conair Instant Heat ION Hot Rollers **and was sorely disappointed. They didn't get hot enough even on the highest setting. No matter how long I left then in I got fluff instead of curl and the price was too high.

Outstanding Product, Adds Shine and curls last longer!

from Gallipolis, OH

Comments about Conair Instant Heat ION Hot Rollers:

The Conair Ion Instant Heat Hot Rollers are an Outstanding Product. I would recommend this product to any of  my friends. The ion's in the rollers cause your hair to shine and i have extremely long hair. The curls stayed in my hair all day! I am very satsified with this product and if your a hotroller user and you have problems keeping curls to stay, This is definately the product for you. Thank You Krystal Hutchinson