3.6

3.6

Pros

Cons

• Speed/Performance:

Compaqs laptops are overall a good buy

My Review, Long overdue since i have had my laptop over 18 months. Compaq presario F700 with windows vista operating system. i use it for everything. downloading movies music. streaming movies and music. i have only ever had one problem that hp didnt even attempt to help me with and that is that i got a defective battery. It runs smoothly and operates cleanly. its almost maintence free for you do have to manully defragment and run disk clean up now and then depending on how much you download and upload. stream etc.. They are easy to get around once you take the time to familarize your self with they system. Great functionality and use of short cut keys. Repair tools included if you ever need to wipe it like new or just system restore it back to a precious date to get rid of unwated or incompatible software.search bar built in to they start meny.  they are energy star rated and dont heat up more than ment for operation. It has safty features that if it ever over heats or someone or something tires to hack into it it shuts down to protect data and system security. The bad side. apart from having to buy extended warranties and  a defective beattery that i got(which is not common( It was a great buy and well worth my money.

the F700 is horrible, run far, far away from this computer!

This Presario F700 laptop is HORRIBLE! I've owned it for a year as of this month, and the screen has gone out 4 times, the AC adapter had broken off once and become loose twice. They tried telling me the adapter was from physical damage despite me never taking it off my laptop stand. Finally, after having to call 3 times yelling and screaming that the screen has gone out again, (after 2 trips to HP technicians and them claiming they recreated the problem and have fixed it) and telling them my computer is making me fall behind in my online classes, they are FINALLY sending me a new computer. This thing is a piece of crap. I cannot run anything on it at the same time as I run photoshop, so the ram is not nearly enough even for one demanding program at a time, the touch pad periodically will not let me use the scroll function and sometimes won't work for days. and the biggest problem with all of this?? the first time my screen went out I only had the computer for 5 months. save up another few hundred more and get a better one. i wouldn't wish this laptop on my worst enemy. if you ignore all this, please do 2 things: buy an s-video cable so when the screen goes out, you can use your tv as your monitor, and also, make sure you have flash drives and cd's to back up everything you don't want to lose when you send it in multiple times! worst laptop i've ever encountered. stay away if you haven't already.

it looks nice

from morocco

About Me Avid Gamer, Tech Savvy

Pros

• Fast
  • Powerful
  • Quality Display

Cons

• Heavy
  • Short Battery Life

• gaming
  • Graphics
  • Video
  • Web Browsing

Comments about Compaq Presario F700 Laptop PC:

generlly it is a cool lap

• Primary use:
  • Personal

Thus far it's doing great

from Texas

Comments about Compaq Presario F700 Laptop PC:

The Compaq Presario F700 Laptop is a good computer for me and others who want a basic, easy to use computer. I like to take my computer with me when we travel and watch a occasional movie, check and answer emails. This is a great computer for that.

The screen is a little over fifteen inches and jI like the clear bright picture. . I'm still learning how to use it but it seems to be similar to the old HP it is replacing. I would consider this a entry level machine and would not recommend it for heavy downloading or playing lots of games.

Battery Life
I haven't ever ran down the battery but I had it on about four hours one day and it was still going.

Support & Service
I had decided to get something other than a HP this time around. So imagine my surprise when I discovered that my new computer , Compaq is a generic of HP. It is a good, dependable unit and I would not hesitate to recommend it to others that just want a simple, basic computer.

Speed/Performance
This machine might not have all of the the bells and whistles it does what I need. The graphic are clean and crisp and it's great movie watching.

The keyboard is a little different than the HP but that's not a biggie for me.It is flatter and fits down in the travel case better and it feels lighter which will be a lot better for traveling. The port connections fit tight and are placed so that they are easy to connect in a tight fit;

I'm giving this a nine based on previous laptops. I see no reason why it won't last me a few years and I can replace it at that time.

This computer is fantastic

Comments about Compaq Presario F700 Laptop PC:

I use this laptop for almost everything.Such as doing homework, research on the Goolge , surfing the internet and play PC games . Lately, it's been lagging a bit but I figure that may have to do with all the programs and plugins I've installed It's compatible with wireless mice which is a huge plus for me since using the little mouse in the center became a real pain in the wrist. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't have a web camera. I may update to a better laptop and get myself one with a web cam. Anyways, I would recommend this to others. It's a decent laptop and would be especially useful to my firends .

They are easy to get around once you take the time to familarize your self with they system. Great functionality and use of short cut keys. Repair tools included if you ever need to wipe it like new or just system restore it back to a precious date to get rid of unwated or incompatible software.search bar built in to they start meny. they are energy star rated and dont heat up more than ment for operation. It has safty features that if it ever over heats or someone or something tires to hack into it it shuts down to protect data and system security.

simple laptop computer

Comments about Compaq Presario F700 Laptop PC:

I loved this laptop. It was easy to use and download things. The setup was simple and everything was located in a easy way and setting up the whole system when we purchased it was a breeze. I also like this computer because it works great and easily for my kids and I can set the controls easily to my likings for them to use it with limited contents in some areas.

This laptop was one of the easiest setups and the easiest to use for many things. It booted up quick and downloaded things easily and was organized in a way where it was easy to find what I was looking for or needed to do.

Battery Life
The battery on this laptop lasted forever it rarely needed to be recharged but our computer habits didn't keep us on it for over a hour. The battery went after 2 years and we were easily able to find a replacement battery online for a reasonable price.

Support & Service
Things are easy to find and simple to understand in just a few clicks I was able to get to where I needed to go to help me with any problems.

Speed/Performance
the laptop really booted up quick and even updated downloaded quickly

a easy simple design makes this laptop a breeze to use

this is a good laptop for familys

I love my Laptop

Comments about Compaq Presario F700 Laptop PC:

I love this laptop. It wasn't my first choice because I was looking for just a regular pc with screen, keyboard, and hard drive, but staples was out computer sets so I decided to try a laptop. This was the only laptop that was inexpensive and convenient for me. The keys work real well, love the 17 inch screen, and is easy to move around. Have no problem launching the Internet browser on this. Comes some free trial software like Cyberlink. Have no problems making videos on this laptop.I mostly use this laptop for Internet searches, fb, and going to websites. Also use it to store photos and for making documents. Also use it for listening to music on the Internet. It's real easy to move around.

Real easy to type on keyboard and easy to move.

Battery Life
Don't use the battery because it is always connected to a power source. But at times when there was no power it was handy.

Very good.

Real light

Very durable

• Speed/Performance:

Great basic laptop for everyday use.

Comments about Compaq Presario F700 Laptop PC:

I've had this computer for awhile now, and have had no problems. I use it for everyday processes: internet, email, etc.

Great straightforward and easy to use machine. i'm not super tech savvy, but had no issues.

Battery Life
Started great, but started to wane a bit as computer got older. Still overall good, however.

Support & Service
I never have had to utilize support services for this machine.

Speed/Performance
No complaints. Seems like a fast enough machine for everyday use.

Plain laptop. Nothing fancy, but just fine. I can't imagine a laptop being too terribly different in design than this one.

Has been knocked around a few times by my small children and is no worse for wear. Seems not too fragile, which I appreciate very much.

Am pleased.

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Compaq Presario F700 Laptop PC:

When our last laptop went on the fritz, we needed something that was not too expensive but would last more than a couple of years - so far, so good. This laptop feels durable, seems to run fairly fast, and what is great for us is the battery life - enough to watch a movie and not worry about running out of juice.

• Speed/Performance:

Never buy this computer it sucks butt

from Micaville, NC

Comments about Compaq Presario F700 Laptop PC:

i had this computer for only 1 year and every thing stopped working. 1st my computer wouldnt identify any wireless internet without me repeatingly cutting it on and off. Then me WLAN light (blue light) wont turn blue it just stays orange. Then so I just used it to play video games and not it telling me that Runtime ++C wont do anything.

It will work perfectly fine until you get on it. It moves slow as heck especially when your battery it plugged it. Speaking of battery a fully charged battery for a year old Compaq only lasts 30 minutes or less. I wont my money back if you want a good and cheap computer get a Dell.

Nothing but trouble

from Bakersfield, CA

Comments about Compaq Presario F700 Laptop PC:

The Compaq Presario F700 has been nothing but a big headache since we have gotten it. It had to be returned to Compaq twice for repairs for defects and now that my warranty is expired, my wireless network driver disappeared. Also, I can't even get my HP Wireless Assistant to activate when clicked on.

Piece of junk

The Compaq Pressario F700 is very heavy and awkward when flying.

from Norman, OK

Comments about Compaq Presario F700 Laptop PC:

"This Compaq Pressario F700 laptop is extremely heavy, especially when you're flying and dragging this thing through the airport."

Fom the time I first started using this laptop it had little quirks that you had to get used to.  First of all, the keyboard is large but it is quite hard to get used to because typing on it you can't help but touch the large built-in mouse pad which sends it all over and sometines espapes to another world and you lose what you were doing.

It came with the Windows Vista and that was another aggrivation. I wish they would work out all the bugs before they force you to use it when you buy a new computer.  The Windows Vista is continually updating its software to make it compatible with everything that has been used for the last 7 years.

After 2 yrs of use, I have to crash it about every third time I start it up.  After 6 months of this and cleaning it up I still can't figure out whether it's the Computer or the Vista causing this.