4.1
Other Baby Allergy Medicines:
Claritin
Claritin Children's Grape Chewables Allergy Medicine

Keep This In Your Medicine Cabinet

I have four kids and I live in Texas. Weather here in the spring is very up and down. It's hot one day and cold by night, so spring time I don't know anyone that isn't sneezing or who doesn't have a runny nose. My kids have terrible allergies in the spring time and I have tried many other allergy medications, the trouble I have had with other medications is they're messy and my kids refuse to take them due to the taste. I tried claritins childrens chewables with them and they loved them. My kids said they taste and I don't have to worry about getting a spoon and risking spilling any medicine on myself. This allergy medicine worked within 20 minutes of giving it to them. They went from sneezing, runny noses, and a lot of complaining to happy kids who were back outside playing on their bikes. They had all day relief. I would recommend this to any parent.

tx

Claritin works for me!

I have tried different allergy relief tablets, but Claritin 24 Hour Allergy Tablets work the best for me. Once allergy season hits, I begin taking one Claritin daily until the allergy season is over. For me, that is early spring to the beginning of summer and then again in late summer through autumn. My allergies are mold and mildew in the spring along with some of the tree pollen. Once the trees are done leafing out and I have cleaned my windows and window sills, I can stop taking my Claritin. In the late summer and fall, my allergies are mostly caused by ragweed. Claritin takes care of this allergy, too. Outdoor flowers don't seem to be a problem, but some flowers, like lilies cannot be brought into the house unless I take my Claritin. I have tried other allergy remedies, but none seem to work as well as Claritin. It is so much easier to use than the nasal sprays which tend to choke me and irritate my throat. I am so glad that I found Claritin and did not have to continue using the spray.

Middleboro, MA

Not worth the money

I have been a life long allergy sufferer, and tried every treatment out there. Claritin is by far one of the worst. I have tried it many times over the years, always for at least four weeks of regular use, and have never seen an improvement of any of my allergy symptoms. I have even tried a variety of doses at my physicians suggestion, including as many as two pills twice a day (one pill once daily is the package directions). The symptoms I was attempting to treat included hives, runny nose, nasal congestion, allergy induced asthma, headaches, and itchy watery eyes. The reason I have attempted Claritin do many times is because it is 100% not sedating, which would be amazing if it gave any allergy relief. It is also inexpensive, and available over the counter. Unfortunately my symptoms are just too tough for this tiny pill, so my vote is save your money and take sonething else!!

Undisclosed

false

Effective for Our Allergies

My husband and I both have seasonal allergies, and prefer to deal with them only as they occur - meaning no prescriptions for us. When the spring rolls around we both start taking this 24 hour Claritin on a daily basis, and notice our symptoms really diminish within a day or so of starting. He gets itchy and watery eyes, and congestion. I also have a stuffy head, but get the random sneezing, and actually wake up some mornings with swollen eyes. This products works well for both of us, neither of us have drowsiness or sluggishness because of it. We're not 100% but we're not incapacitated, and we don't have to worry about higher cost medications and doctor visits (and co-pays). This product is often on sale and there's always coupons in the paper during peak allergy season. As always buying a higher volume box will cost less per pill, and with two of us taking it we never wind up throwing anything out. We'll keep using this product for our basic seasonal allergies.

Great for Longer Term Allergies

I have terrible seasonal allergies and have tried almost every medication, prescribed and over the counter, imaginable. Claritin is among the best I've tried. I really like that you only need one tablet a day. I usually take mine with dinner so if it makes me sleepy that's okay and I just go to bed early and in the morning I wake up without the usual runny nose and watery, itchy eyes. For the several weeks a year that I deal with allergies this is the best option I have found for long term use. Others are good for the short term, but Claritin is the best for longer term use. It is small and easy to swallow. It also does not create any tummy upset when taken with food, which is extra nice when you have to take it for weeks on end. The drowsiness isn't as bad as other brands, and when taken at night I wake up feeling as usual in the morning. I definitely recommend this to seasonal allergy sufferers who need to take an allergy pill for a longer period of time.

Vernon Rockville, CT

true

There's both pros and cons with Claritin

Claritin is a pretty good product overall. It definitely does not cause drowsiness as the advertising suggests which is a good quality for both myself and my two sons, but it does seem to take too long to "kick" in and doesn't fully hit all of the allergy symptoms. Effectiveness Claritin seems to only work well when it is taken every day to the point it has a chance to build up in your system.---like taking it for several days in a row. At least that is the only way I've been able to obtain results that satisfy my symptoms somewhat. M itchy eyes are scarcely relieved by this product, though, regardless of how often I use it. Ease of Use The little tablets are very easy to swallow, even for my younger son. They also only have to be taken once per day which makes incorporating Claritin into part of daily routines quite simple. Immediacy It seems to take a very long time for Claritin to kick in once my allergy symptoms start surfacing. It works better when used for prevention, before the symptoms start showing themselves.

This stuff works

Back when I first got diagnosed with allergies several years ago this stuff was prescription. My doctor wrote me a prescription and I took it. I remember being so relieved and being able to finally breathe. Several years later Claritin is no longer prescription, but still works just the same to give such wonder relief from allergy symptoms. If you have ever seen the commercials, this stuff works just like that. Before taking the medicine you feel in a fog and just down right yucky. You can't breathe, you can't smell, your whole nasal passage is clogged. After you take Claritin it's like your whole head is clear and you can finally breathe. The only reason I give this medicine a seven is because it is not natural and does the work for your body instead of letting your body do it for itself. I'm not really one for medicine so I don't use this anymore (haven't for sometime now), but if you're not really concerned with natural things this stuff does work. It's easy to use (just swallow a pill). It works fast (and give you 24 hour relief). And is really effective.

Greer, SC

Absolutely the best.

A few years ago when Claritin became available as an over-the-counter medication instead of prescription, I was thrilled. It works better for me than any other allergy medicine I've tried, and that's saying a lot because I've tried a lot of different brands and medications. Effectiveness Claritin works great for me. It gets rid of all my allergy symptoms (the usual sneezing, watery eyes, congestion, headache) without leaving me feeling drowsy or fuzzy-headed. It also lasts all day for me, so one pill in the morning when I know it's going to be a bad allergy day and I'm set for the rest of the day. Ease of Use Claritin pills are tiny and easy to swallow. The blister packs are also easy to open. Immediacy Claritin starts working for me within a few minutes to an hour. I take it as soon as I get up and by the time I'm out the door in the morning, it's already doing it's job. It also lasts all day, so I don't need to take a second Claritin or something else to get through the end of the day. It works well on heavy allergy days as well.

Undisclosed

Good Relief

My son has seasonal allergies. I found that the Claritin chewables are a good solution for him. He suffers from itchy eyes, runny nose and stuffiness. I like that Claritin is an over the counter medicine that can be bought when needed. This really helped his symptoms be relieved without having the side effects like other medications. He does not get sleepy like some other type of medications on the market. I do not find him drowsy with medicine either. I usually give it in the morning to him and he is fine all day long. I find that his symptoms are relieved rather quickly and they stay away after just one dose. Depending on the season and how bad his allergies are, he can go a few days with just having taken one dose. These pills are easy for him to chew. We purchase the grape flavor ones, although grape is not his favorite he does not complain about any bad taste. Overall, if your kids have mild allergies this over the counter product is worth a try.

Claritin Rocks

When I was younger I used to break out in hives over the smallest things. Anytime I got a virus or just wearing sunscreen would trigger the hives. We tried multiple products but claritin was the best for clearing up the hives. It also didn't make me drowsy so I could drive . Another thing I liked about claritin was that it was just over the counter, so I didn't have to have a prescription in order to get it. It is also pretty strong. You only need one a day but it may take you a few days to completely clear up all the symptoms. You can also take claritin for seasonal allergies, congestion and more. Effectiveness This product in effective in multiple areas. It doesn't cause drowsiness. It clears up hives caused by allergies and doesn't cause side effects. Ease of Use Really easy to use. It is a small pill. You just take it with water. Immediacy Works within a day of taking it. You may need to take it for a few days before the symptoms totally clear up.

Claritin Children's Grape Chewables Allergy Medicine