Other Car Seats:
Models:
6061472650070, 5061472970070, 7079021460070, 4061472950070
Chicco KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat

Chicco KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat

Pros

• Lightweight (3)

• Young children (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • First time parent (3), Parent of two or more children (3)
    • No (3)

My whole family loves the Chicco KeyFit 30!

I did a TON of research before adding the KeyFit 30 to my baby registry, because I wanted to find just the right car seat. I was lucky enough to get it, and it is AWESOME!!!! The included newborn insert was very helpful for the first month or so, until my son fit comfortably in the seat without it. It seemed to keep him in place very securely so that he did not get jiggled around in the seat on bumpy roads and sharp corners. The car seat snaps in and out of  its base, which stays in the car. This makes getting the baby in and out of the car quick and easy, no need to mess with the seat belt. The base is also very easy to install and to switch between cars, it takes all of about one minute. When my son was small, it was so easy to carry the seat (with him in it) into wherever we were going. Now that he's about 16 pounds, I still bring him in and out of the house in it but I take him out when we go shopping, etc. because the seat is heavy on its own, and very heavy with him in it. I would not say that the weight of the seat is a negative, though because it is just very securely built. The way that the seat is constructed makes me feel that my son is very safe and secure in it. The neutral "cubes" pattern is great because I can use the seat again when we have our next child whether it's a boy or a girl. My son is 5 months old now and about 27 inches long. In a few inches, we'll have to put this car seat away (much to my dismay) so I guess its time to start looking for a "big boy" Chicco car seat for him.

Mixed feelings

There are a lot of things I love about this infant car seat and a lot of things I am not crazy about.  I absolutely love the look of it!  It is so simple, neutral, and pretty stylish.  I get complimnts on it all the time!  I love that it came with the infant head insert.  It is also so convenient that the whole cover can be removed and washed.  We had to do this a number of times when my infant ha da diaper blow out that required us to wash the whole car seat!  It isn't super easy to get the cover off or back on but it is possible!  It is also machine washer safe but we did not put ours in the dryer.  This car seat also has fantastic safety ratings.  That was one of the main selling points for my family.  The base that comes with this seat is also incredibly easy to install.  We were able to install it with the latch system in minutes.  It is also easy to figure out how to use restrain it in a car with just the lap or shoulder belt.  The thing I didn't like was that it doesn't fit into the seat part of shopping carts.  I was really disappointed to find that out on our first outing to the grocery store.

LOVE our Chicco!

from Keller, TX

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Fun
  • Realistic
  • Stands on its Own

Comments about Chicco KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat:

I purchased our Chicco travel system gently used before I had my son. We had originally bought a used Graco car seat but found such a good deal on the KeyFit 30! I love it! The installation is so easy and the base can easily be moved between cars if needed.
    The seat itself provides great protection for baby and fits my son well. The only dislike I have is how heavy the seat is, but that's pretty unavoidable. Love our chicco!!

A great car seat.

from JUBAIL

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Realistic

Cons

• Small Parts

Comments about Chicco KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat:

I really like the Chicco Keyfit 30 infant car seat. When I first got it, I read the manual cover to cover so I could be sure to use it properly. I learned in one of my parenting classes that almost all car seats are used improperly, risking the lives of the children that ride in them. Because of that, I wanted to be sure that I was using the car seat 100% correctly. I was very pleased to see that it was very easily to correctly install and use the car seat once you are aware of the correct way to do so. All car seats pass the same safety/crash tests, so there isn't really one that is "safer" than any other when they are all used correctly, but some are easier to use properly, and the Chicco Keyfit it definitely easy to use. The base installed with little trouble in both of my cars. Once the base is in, getting the seat in and out is as easy as clicking it in. Next, I followed the instructions for adjusting the harness so the shoulder straps were coming from below my daughters shoulders (very important for rear facing!), and practiced buckling her in. The straps and chest clip were comfortable and easy to fasten. My only minor complaint is that the shoulder pads make it a little difficult to get the straps to the proper tightness, where they pass the "pinch test". It's not impossible though, and doing this actually seemed to get easier the longer I used the seat. My daughter never seemed uncomfortable in this seat, and I was able to relax knowing that she was traveling safely. I would definitely buy another Chicco Keyfit for a future baby based on my experience.

• Was this a gift?:
    • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Great

from Kentucky

About Me Parent of Two or More Children, Stay at Home Parent

Pros

• Easy to adjust
    • Lightweight
    • Sturdy

• Babies

Comments about Chicco KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat:

We love this car seat. It is SO easy to adjust the straps, and the base has a single strap to adjust and tighten when installing. The car seat is lightweight and comfortable to carry. Definitely recommend

Good newborn carseat

from Phoenix

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Detailed

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about Chicco KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat:

This car seat is nice looking. It seems safe and comfy for a newborn. I like how easily is attached to the stroller. The car base make it easy to snap I'm the car with ease. My son was a large baby and it got very difficult to carry him in the car seat once he reach a higher weight. The fabric used washed really nice and held up good with use.

• Was this a gift?:

I look for another KeyFit for future baby.

from Marion, Illinois

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Easily Stowed
      • Easy To Assemble
      • Easy to Clean
      • Lightweight
      • Portable
      • Stable
      • Stylish

• At Home
        • Baby Seats
        • Infant Seating
        • Travel

Comments about Chicco KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat:

The Chicco Key Fit was amazing for our family. We have a midsize car. The car seat was perfect in the middle with plenty of room on each side for people to sit. When we brought our almost ten pound baby home we did have to use the premi insert as he was still really little and needed that little extra support. Now as time went by he started growing and so we started to have to move the straps on the seat. The amazing thing about the Key Fit, is the straps were not hard to move at all. Which is great as most car seats have horrible straps. As a second time mom it is easy to know what to look for in car seats, but as years go by between kiddos things change a little bit. My son was comfortable in this seat for a good little while, I was actually sad to see it go when we had to upgrade. It was comfortable to carry for me and the husband. This seat was also easy to wipe clean.

Good sturdy car seat

from Wilsonville, OR

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Easy to Clean
        • Lightweight
        • Portable
        • Stable
        • Stylish

• Baby Seats

Comments about Chicco KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat:

The hospital nurse was very impress with the car seat. It has great neck support, didn't have to add much/ towels to bring the baby home. It is very easy to install in the car, quick to take it out of the base. It is not too heavy. We didn't have many choices to choose from, our stroller is only compatible with Graco and Chicco car seats.

A great car seat.

from Voorhees, NJ

Great Car Seat for Newborns

from MI

Comments about Chicco KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat:

This is an excellent, well-designed car seat for newborns and for new parents as well. It is part of a larger "travel system" that includes the base and stroller, although, the stroller isn't required. The base of this system hooks into your car using the "LATCH" system, and then the car seat clicks into the base with an actual clicking sound, giving new parents extra peace of mind that everything is installed safely.

The car seat itself seems very sturdy and well built, has built-in pads for comfort of the new baby, and, I assume, to absorb some of the extra space if your baby is tiny. The pads can be removed for washing, or, for when your baby grows and needs the extra room in the seat.

As the name indicates, this seat is designed for infants/children up to 30 pounds, although we upgraded both of our children to a larger seat well before they hit the 30 pound mark, just because they were starting to seem crunched in this seat. While it is PERFECT for newborns and infants, I can't really imagine keeping a child in this seat much longer than the age of one, unless your child is really tiny.

It is easy to handle and install, the only downside is that this car seat is very heavy. Have a helper handy if you are a brand new mom who just gave birth or just had a c-section. If baby is inside, this car seat weighs a LOT.

• Support and Safety:

This is a great and safe carseat

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Chicco KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat:

There are so many things to love about the Chicco infant carseat. It has wonderful safety ratings which helps you sleep better as a parent. It comes with a great "infant insert" that really helps position your baby safely in the seat while they are teeny tiny. It attaches with velcro so it's really easy to remove at the recommended weight, I believe it was 11 pounds. The straps can be adjusted with one button, which is so easy to do and ensures that your baby is in safely and securely every time you place him in the seat. It comes with a great base that is very easy to install in your car, so that you just place it in the base and click it in when you are going somewhere-SO easy! I would only have two complaints, and they are very minor. One is that the seat itself is pretty heavy, so once you have your growing baby inside, it's really heavy to lug around. The second is that the canopy isn't real large, so it doesn't always block the sun from all angles. I do not regret choosing this carseat at all!

• Support and Safety:

Best infant carrier on the market

Comments about Chicco KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat:

I love this carseat for infants! It is the best on the market by far. It is so easy to install and use. I originally had a Graco for my first son, but he outgrew the weight limit by three months! It was so frustrating because he had to then ride in a rear facing car seat before he could even sit up on his own! I had nothing to sit him in when bringing him into stores. So I got this higher weight limit Chicco. It is a little on the heavy side, especially with larger babies, but it is worth it. It has the highest safety ratings so you can feel good knowing your baby is safe. Also, it comes in adorable colors and you can get a matching stroller.

Ease of Installation
          This is so easy to install and you can buy multiple bases if you have more than one car, making it even easier. Also, in a jam, you can just strap the car seat in by itself.

Child's Comfort
          The baby is always comfortable, no matter how small he/she is when born. It is still comfortable to ride in even when bigger because it is big enough.

Support and Safety
          With the highest safety ratings on the market, this is why I chose to buy this great carseat. I love it!