1.6
Other Misc. Finances:
Best Buy Reward Zone Program

Best Buy Reward Zone Program

1.6

Nothing but good to say about Best Buy Reward Zone.

Best Buy Reward Zone is a program that literally pays you to shop at Best Buy.  Just sign up for the program (it's free) and make purchases at Best Buy.  Before you know it, you'll see actually money coming in your mail.  Okay, it's not dollar bills coming in the mail, but I get things like $ 5.00 OFF any purchase.  Or $ 20.00 off any $100.00. purchase.  Things like that.

I shop at Best Buy anyway, so why not cash in on it?  I saved A LOT of money during Christmas with my reward money.  And then, because I bought something, I get even more rewards points!  I love it.  The only thing is that you can't use your rewards money to go towards tax.  At least not in my state.

They also send you rewards bucks for your birthday.  I used mine to save money on a new Playstation for the kids!  I don't know of any other program like this one that saves so much money.  It is so easy to use, there's nothing to it!.  And I save money.  Just watch the expiration date because they are typically only good for a few months, and they wont let you have any grace period at all.  Once they're up, that's it; you've lost those reward bucks.

Worst service I have ever received

The Best Buy Reward Zone program is horrible program.  We have been loyal customers and use Best Buy because of the Reward Zone program and that is all changing.  Our reward Zone account got linked with someone elses for the second time in 2 years.  I have no idea how this happens, but all our info, purchases and reward zone certificates have been given to another customer.  The customer service department is unhelpful.  Last time it took almost a year to fix.  This time the customer service department is giving us false information and being unhelpful.  I am very concerned that they are giving our information (credit card numbers, purchase info, address, phone number etc) to another customer.  This is a very dangerous situation.  I looked up on what I thought was our account and I have someone elses information listed in my profile.  I highly recommend not using Best Buy or their Reward Zone program.

Waste of time and useless program

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Best Buy Reward Zone Program:

In my experience thus far, the BestBuy.com Reward Points program(is a nice concept but totally lacking in delivery) is rather useless given that most items there, cost so much more than the points can be used for. Especially the offer to use points for a $5 gift certificate which would only make sense for using when buying something small and insignificant like candy or batteries. Which is why I rarely pay any attention to the program.

In addition, it's rather silly that the cutoff is $15 in gift certificates which still can't be used meaningfully for anything of considerable value. The options for gift certificates should go up to as $100 or even $500, especially if the customer earns enough points through either purchases, surveys or product reviews. This will give much stronger incentives to spend the time and money to pursue these options, thereby spending more time and money on your business.

Just my thoughts.

Scott

Rewards Program is a joke

from Joplin, MO.

Comments about Best Buy Reward Zone Program:

I like Best Buy products. but the rewards program is a joke. The rewards age out quickly. This is not worth the time and effort unless you are buying electronics for a large corporation.

Broken and Terrible Customer Service

from Alexandria, VA

Comments about Best Buy Reward Zone Program:

Seems terrible broken. Made a very large purchase ($7,000) and two other purchases of a few hundred dollars each. Never received rewards for any of them. I had to submit requests for all three purchases. The large purchase never got credited. Every time I write to customer service, I get the same answer over and over again. They are doing an in-depth review and rest assured they will contact me when completed. I get this response over and over and the emails are clear that English is not the first language for the customer service rep. Not horrible, but makes it clear they are pulling scripted responses and nothing is getting done. The worst.

worst reward program

from hamilton on canada

Comments about Best Buy Reward Zone Program:

to start the points expire.
you have to print out a certificate before going to the store.
can't redeem points when purchasing items online

Not really helpful

from Washington

Comments about Best Buy Reward Zone Program:

If you want a reward program that makes you spend more money to get the reward then use it. If you want to redeem your rewards for a product with just your rewards you can't.

Great System

from Vancouver, Canada

Comments about Best Buy Reward Zone Program:

It's actually pretty simple to use and i got around $20+ out of this. bought a tv like a couple months ago, and they gave me enough points to get $20, and I already had $20 from a computer i bought a while back (beast pc) so hat made $40. I like it and id recommend it

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Worst Rewards Program Best Buy Refuses Legitimate Receipt

from Toronto, Canada

Comments about Best Buy Reward Zone Program:

I bought a laptop valued at over $1,000 at a Best Buy store. The clerk neglected to ask me if I was a Reward Zone member, and gave a receipt before I could ask about the points. Then he said it was "easy" - just go online and enter these numbers. I did, and the receipt was rejected. I wrote customer service 3 emails over a week (do these people actually exist?) and it says on their website that you'll get an answer in 24 hours. No one answered me, and the transaction is still showing as "rejected". Worst customer service, terrible "program" - buy some place else.

The absolute worst!

Comments about Best Buy Reward Zone Program:

Why can't I leave a .0000001 rating? I purchased appliances on 8/31/14. Total amount spent, $3,499.99. Labor Day weekend deal: apply for credit card and get 10% rewards or 0% financing. I chose the rewards. I applied for and was approved for the credit card. Today, 10/26/14 and I am still waiting on those rewards. I've been calling these people since 9/15 and every one of them tells me it'll take 24-48 hours. Every single time. I give up. I will NEVER purchase any thing w/Best Buy ever again. That credit card is paid off and you earned absolutely no interest from me.

Missing Points, all the time!

Comments about Best Buy Reward Zone Program:

I shop almost exclusively at Best Buy for electronics. But it reward zone is way difficult and quite bad as far as not crediting my purchases for the reward. It's almost a 80 to 100% miss (like every 5 receipts, I only get 1 credited). It's wasting both my and BestBuy's time to file missing points - ALL THE TIME! I always use my account number (by phone number) or by the card physically at the store purchases. I hardly buy online (almost never).

Gone downhill in the last few years

Comments about Best Buy Reward Zone Program:

The Best Buy Reward program used to be one of the best, but now it pretty much caters only to the very top spenders and businesses, with it's tiered levels that make it nearly impossible for all but the biggest spendthrifts to earn certificates in a rapid fashion. I liked it when you could earn $5 certificates after only $125 in spending, but that was apparently too generous, so they upped it to $250. They also had a pretty low threshold for the elite programs which earned you 1.25% points for every dollar you spent, but again, that was apparently too generous, so they added another tier. Elite, and elite plus, with the latter requiring you to spend $3,000 per year to earn, which is not feasible unless you buy several big ticket items every year. About the only good thing left is the double-points you earn for buying anything related to gaming, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them cut back on this perk as well.