Other Paints:

Behr Premium Plus Ultra Exterior Paint

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Appliation:

I would buy this product

from Lima

Comments about Behr Premium Plus Ultra Exterior Paint:

Its design is pretty cool

Why Choose Anything Different?

Comments about Behr Premium Plus Ultra Exterior Paint:

I have been using Behr paint for years. We have an old house with a wrap around porch and just recently scraped off all the old paint and use Behr Premium Plus Ultra Exterior for the porch. Unlike other paints that are watery and hard to get down, this Behr paint was easy to apply and it really took only one coat to cover the wood (we used two for safety!) If anyone out there is looking to start a project where you will be painting outside, I would definitely recommend using Behr paint. Not only is it a great quality, it is cheaper than some other "premium" paints. Hands down, Behr is one of the best paints on the market!

We have used this paint before on other projects and it really holds up well.

Coverage
This paint is thick and not watery like many others.

Ease of Appliation
This paint is super easy to apply. The thickness allows for a smooth coverage. There are also not as many runs in the paint as in others.

Behr Premium Plus Ultra Exterion Paint

from Saint Petersburg Fl

Comments about Behr Premium Plus Ultra Exterior Paint:

This is really a pretty good paint I must say. It saves the work of painting a primer coat as it's also a primer. It's not inexpensive but it sure saves a lot of time and work. I can't express how much better it is to buy good paint and save the work and the time by having to paint multiple coats. This is a premium paint.

Quality
Very good quality and very dense pigment which saves you work. Never buy watered down cheap paint. I put this paint on the higher end of the spectrum.

I painted the exterior trim here in Florida two years ago and it's still looking good. Considering the amount of hot sun and the humidity here, it's doing great. I totally recommend this paint.

Coverage
When you have quality paint, it has more pigment and is very thick. It takes much less time and effort to paint one coat than three. Do the math. It's a simple choice. Buy good paint.

Ease of Appliation
I love painting with quality paint. it stays on the brush or roller and doesn't drip. Cheap watery paint drips and runs and makes a mess. Think before you buy. You're not saving money by buying cheap paint.

• Ease of Appliation:

This paint dries quickly and it's quite durable.

from West Virginia

Comments about Behr Premium Plus Ultra Exterior Paint:

We bought an older trailer with aluminum siding and needed a paint that would cover the previous paint job on the trailer. The place had primer grey walls and beige shutters. It was a disaster.

I picked up a couple gallons of Behr because they were running a sale at my local hardware store and there was a rebate out. Anyway, we got a few gallons of this really nice off-yellow color. I was a little nervous that this paint wouldn't cover up the horrible grey color the house was painted but the cashiers assured me I didn't need a primer.

We went home and I started putting the paint to work immediately. The smell is still pretty strong. It's supposed to be a low VOC but it smells. That was okay though.

I picked a patch on the trailer lower down and took a few swipes of paint over it. In just one coat, it mostly covered everything. I went to work painting the entire place. After we finished, we did need to add a second coat but you can't tell that the paint underneath was significantly darker than the new color we chose. I wish I could show before and after pictures because it was truly surprising to me.

After I finished my second coat, the paint had only been drying about two hours and it started to rain. I was upset thinking all my hard work would be ruined but the rain didn't harm my paint at all. It dried quickly and the water didn't harm my new finished paint job. I was pleased.

Quality
The paint doesn't really need a primer. If you're going significantly lighter, it may take a couple coats but in our case it only took two.

This stuff holds up to everything. I only finished painting a few hours before a storm and it held up against the rain.

Coverage
We went from very dark to very light so it took us two coats but I believe if the color change wasn't so drastic, the coverage would have been perfect with just one coat.

Ease of Appliation
It's very easy to apply. The key to painting is to be sure you have all the right tools.

• Ease of Appliation:

Turned our black house gray!

Comments about Behr Premium Plus Ultra Exterior Paint:

When we purchased our home 10 years ago it was black. We didn't mind though so we never repainted it. Fast forward to 2 years ago; we decided it was time to move and our agents recommended we painted the house to a more natural color. After consulting with a color coach we decided to go a light gray. We hired a friend who is a painter and he recommended this paint. With one nice coat with the sprayer the house went from black to gray! Great product!

Quality
We have always liked the Behr brand but was willing to try something else if our painter recommended it. He didn't, he said he also liked using Behr so that's what we went with. He said to use the premium one though with the primer as it would save time and cover better and he was right on.

We were only in the home for a few months after painting so long term I am unsure but it seemed to hold up well until after the house sold!

Coverage
Again our painter used a sprayer and it covered beautifully. We watched him paint a short side of the house and it took no time flat and looked awesome! He did end up doing 2 coats just for totally even coverage. But looking at it after the first coat I am not sure he needed to do that second coat.

Ease of Appliation
Our painter didn't seem to have any issues with the application of this paint. The sprayer made it super easy and it was quite beautiful when completed. He used a paint brush for the white details we did and that too went on quite well.

Go for Behr!

Comments about Behr Premium Plus Ultra Exterior Paint:

Every time spring comes around, I always redecorate my house, including the walls. So, I decided to paint the walls in my room a nice light blue color. I love the Behr Premium Plus Ultra Exterior Paint because the color is just so vibrant and light! It is perfect for the spring and summer time and definitely puts me in a good mood! The paint itself, is excellent. It lasts a long time and has great coverage. You don't need a primer when painting the wall and you only need about two coats.

Substandard paint

Comments about Behr Premium Plus Ultra Exterior Paint:

I purchased this paint after I ran out of primer in a room i was painting and rather buy another gallon of paint I chose Behr premium plus, a big mistake. First the room still smell like I painted yesterday after more than a month. Second, when I was measuring the wall to hang a TV I put masking tape on the wall so I could see my pencil marks. When i went to remove the tape I lifted the paint off the wall. When i went to repair the wall I found that I could roll the paint off the wall with my fingers(not good). Now I am faced with a dilemma. Do I remove the defective paint (at whose expense) or paint over it with the leftover Behr paint?? I have been in construction for more than 25 years (supervision) and this is by far the worst paint problem I have encountered in that time. I spoke with my neighbor (who is a professional painter) about my problem and he said that "adhesion has always been a problem with Behr paint and he will not use it" and now, neither will I.

Quality
paint still smell after more than a month

Peels off the wall easily

• Ease of Appliation:

Behr Ultra provides excellent coverage and saves time.

from Wadsworth, OH

Comments about Behr Premium Plus Ultra Exterior Paint:

Behr Ultra is a paint and primer in one can. This paint saves you from having to prime the surface first and then apply your two coats of paint. Interior and exterior both provide excellent coverage so sometimes you only need one coat of paint. The exterior paint is awsome. It adheres quite well even when you can't get the surface entirely clean. From what i've noticed so far, this paint has held up very well through the elements in Ohio weather. Behr offers a good quality product at a reasonable price. Eventually the price will lower a bit more.

behr extrior paint with primer ------------ works fantastic

from Sanford, ME

Comments about Behr Premium Plus Ultra Exterior Paint:

i have used the behr exterior paint with primer a little costly but well worth it i is excellent and holds up extremly well but for certain colors 2 coats are required i would recomend using this paint