Other Paints:

Cons

One Application Paint-Saves Time and Money

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about Sherwin Williams Duration Exterior Paint:

Sherwin Williams has the best quality where paint is concerned. When I decided to repaint the brickwork around my house, I looked at reviews to find the best paint available. Which led me to Sherwin Williams Duration Exterior paints. The main reason I purchased this paint is because it has elastomeric coating, meaning the paint will be able to flex when the weather changes. It's important because paint usually cracks during high heat, cold and wet weather, but this paint has a lifetime guarantee. It has held up well for over three years, and I can see it lasting my lifetime, or until I want my brickwork a different color.

Quality
This paint is top of the line, there isn't any other paint I have tried that holds up as well as Sherwin Williams.

This is the best you can buy, and very durable. It has a lifetime guarantee, so you know it's very durable.

Coverage
In most areas all I had to use was one coat because the paint is very thick. There were a few places that needed a second coat, but other paints I have used usually need at least 2 or 3 coats for good coverage. This means it doesn't only save your money, but it saves you a lot of time as well.

Ease of Appliation
It's very easy to apply, it goes on smooth and even.

• Ease of Appliation:

This paint worked great on the exterior of my house

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Sherwin Williams Duration Exterior Paint:

We recently painted the outside of our house. We had our house built 7 years ago and the builder used Sherwin Williams paint and it held up really well. I like the colors that Sherwin Williams has, and they are always true to the sample.
This paint is perfect for painting the exterior of the house. It goes on thick, but spreads very evenly and does not leave streaks or drip marks.
We live in Florida and the sun is very strong which tends to fade the paint colors fast on the exterior of the house. This paint is more expensive than the others, however the quality of this paint is great.

Quality
In my opinion this is the best exterior paint out there. It goes on great, only requires one coat to get the color desired, and is long lasting. It helps to seal small cracks, and cover them up completely.

Coverage
This paint covers very well, it left no streaks and was thick enough that drip marks were not an issue.

Quality Paint

from Fairfield, VA

Comments about Sherwin Williams Duration Exterior Paint:

We have used Sherwin Williams Duration Exterior to paint our whole house, and when we need to trim or repaint we just go back to the retailer and get the same one again-they have it on file and its mixed up quickly. They recently had a sale that made it cheaper this year than it was a few years ago-I was pleased with that.

Quality
This brand, as well as any others by the Sherwin Williams brand have never failed us to date. I have no complaints at all.

The only places where I have seen it be less than extremely durable is where we literally walk on it all the time-the places were its on vertical surfaces have not disappointed us.

Coverage
It covers well-depending on the type of wood you paint it on, you may need multiple coats; I put a few coats on some places, and just one on others.

Ease of Appliation
It has always been easy to apply, and easy to wash the brushes. It doesn't have an odor that is bothersome either. I am sensitive to strong paint odors, and this one doesn't bother me at all. I have used it on tiny brushes to paint letters, and on large brushes and rollers for walls-its always been easy to apply, and easy to wash off skin and clothes if you do it in a timely manner.

• Ease of Appliation:

Paint has a lifetime warranty!!

from SmallTown, TX

Comments about Sherwin Williams Duration Exterior Paint:

My husband just completed painting the outside of our home. He chose Sherwin Williams Duration paint to accomplish the job. Because he was an employee of Sherwin Williams for so many years, he understands the various products and what would work the best on our home. The paint has a lifetime warranty. It does not chalk up after years of being in use. It can be sprayed on, rolled on or applied with a paint brush. He chose the paint brush. Of course it takes more time to apply this way, but the finish is more uniform. The paint comes in one gallon or five. Color can be mixed into the paint to customize it to the consumer needs and desires. It is sort of a matte finish. The brush can be washed clean with soap and water. Sherwin Williams usually has good sales going on and the salespeople are highly trained to answer questions and direct the consumer to the specific product that will work on their particular painting project. I highly recommend this paint.

Sherwin Williams Duration Exterior Paint is Outstanding

from Lancaster, PA

Comments about Sherwin Williams Duration Exterior Paint:

We have been using Sherwin Williams Duration for about 6 years. In that time, I have been ever so slowly painting the trim on the exterior of the house. What is amazing is that the new paint is indistinguishable from the paint applied years ago. Even areas where I have not primed before topcoating look good as new. (Duration is self priming according to the directions.) It should be noted that Duration is not the easiest paint to apply. It tends to be very temperature sensitive. Too hot and it skins over, too cold and it drags before you can blend in the next strokes. The directions do say it can be applied into the 30's. While it technically is ok, it doesn't look good. I have found low 70's and no direct sun the optimal situation for application - just like most exterior paints. But Duration is particularly sensitive. Once applied, it drys quickly and provides a durable, good looking finish. We will continue to use Duration as we add to our home.