Other Shaving Creams:
Barbasol

Pros

Cons

Excellent product

After shaving daily for better than 50 years I think I have a good idea of what works and what doesn't. I have tried all and every product in the marketplace including a brush and solid bar in the old style cup and nothing comes close to lubricating a hard beard than the Barbasol shaving cream. I prefer the regular rather than the scented types but will use whatever is available at a health club, on the road when I travel or(and what I prefer when in town and use) at home. The richness of the foam gives me a solid feeling of wetness and penetration that continues to soften down deep and keep the shaving experience positive. I have an extremely heavy beard and if a nightime event is planned must shave twice if possible, so a reasonable close shave is necessary. When trying to shave close the effectiveness of the shaving cream determines whether or not a clean shave is completed without nicks or scratches. Here Barbasol out performs all others because it helps the blades glide across the skin (regardless of razor choice or preference) while still cutting the actual hair follicle down close. All in all even a lubricating gel does not offer the same comfort and certainly does not stay wet throughout the entire process as does Barbasol shaving cream. I won't use any other and that's the truth.

T. Donohoe

Barbasol Shaving Cream is Cheap, but I Can't Say Much Else

Shaving is part of the daily grind and most of us go through the routine each morning half asleep and without much thought. I use an electric razor most mornings, but manual shaving is still necessary on some occasions and one product I have tried without much satisfaction is **Barbasol Shaving Cream.**

**Shaving Gel Facts and Commentary:**

Barbasol Shaving Cream is your basic shaving cream product. It dispenses quickly with the press of a button and expands as it sits in your hand. It doesn’t offer an amazing scent, but it isn’t bad and men and women will both find it acceptable.

Barbasol Shaving Cream is the first shaving cream I ever used. I remember grabbing the can of Barbasol from my dad’s side of the medicine cabinet and them using it for my first ever shave. It took time and was a little painful, but most first shaves are like this, so I can’t blame Barbasol for my initial experience.

Fast forward many years and Barbasol Shaving Cream is still there, on the store shelves, and still one of the cheapest shaving creams you can buy. I prefer gel because it lubricates my skin better, but I will use cream in a pinch. Barbasol Shaving Cream, however, is not a product I tend to buy and the reason is because it doesn’t do a very good job softening the facial hair. With Barbasol Shaving Cream on my face, the gliding of a blade across the skin still feels like there is a small amount of pulling taking place. My favorite gels make a noticeable different in this area.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Barbasol Shaving Cream? Yes, it is very cheap and one of the least expensive brands on the market. But for my facial hair, it doesn’t quite make the cut and it is one product I avoid whenever possible.

My favorite brand of shaving cream!

from Orange County, CA

About Me Clean Shaven

Pros

• Clean Feel
  • Close Shave

Cons

• Legs
    • Women

Comments about Barbasol Original Shaving Cream:

My sister and I share a bottle of shaving cream which we use to shave our legs, and we both agree that Barbasol is better than any other brand we've used. The can always works properly without getting jammed, as often occurs with shaving creams marketed toward women. It's also cheaper than other brands, and provides a clean, smooth shave. While it does not protect from nicks and cuts as well as brands like Skintimate and also does not moisturize the skin as well as women's brands, it gets the job done and is worth the price.

A alright shaving cream.

Comments about Barbasol Original Shaving Cream:

It gets the job done, and it doesn't bother skin, yet it could use a better smell or even one at all. I would definitely buy this product again.

First it does not bother skin, which some of the others I tried have done so. BIG plus. It is a great basic shaving cream if you don't want any foreign smell and you just want the job to get done.

It really does not have a scent. When I first tried this I was expecting a clean smell after yet somehow I feel like I have to put on cologne. This can be extremely frustrating when you are trying to run out the door in a hurry and want to smell fresh. However it is their original I cant complain but I would expect maybe a little smell. I am giving this shaving cream a 5 in the scent department because I think all most shaving cream even very basic ones should smell good. Maybe there is a smell but I am sure not noticing it. I know I could go buy some other scented ones but the basic one should just have at least a light smell. I would buy this again even for my harsh rating of a 5 in the scent category.

Reminds me of my dad.

Comments about Barbasol Original Shaving Cream:

When I was younger and used to run out of shaving gel I would always go and steal my dad’s Barbasol Shaving Cream. Now I know it was not really meant for a teen age girl to use but it was a good product that got the job done. It does not have any girly or "spa like" scents but that did not bother me because I would always have other scented beauty products such as lotions and perfumes. Barbasol does a good job at protecting your skin from the irritations caused by daily shaving. My dad used it for my entire life and I never had a problem with borrowing it when needed.

Overall Barbasol does a good job at protecting your skin from irritation. It is not the best shaving cream for girls because it will not leave you skin super silky but it is a good product that gets the job done.

There is not really a scent in Barbasol Shaving Cream which never was a problem for me. If you are sensitive to smells or have allergies this product would be great.

not fancy, but it does the trick

Comments about Barbasol Original Shaving Cream:

I don't like this as much as some of the other creams available with aloe and moisturizers, but this stuff will protect your skin and leave it soft, while also minimizing the amount of cuts and nicks you experience. My dad always used this stuff, so I thought I'd be nostalgic and give it a try. I'm not ready to give up my main brand, but this is definitely adequate.

Best shaving cream

Comments about Barbasol Original Shaving Cream:

This shaving cream works great, and at the fraction of the cost of all the other shaving creams. It works great and leaves your skin feeling soft and clean shaven. It is so smooth and easy to spread without having to use a lot, so you're getting more for your money. It may not be the prettiest scent if you're a girl, but it doesn't smell bad, and it works way better than half the ones that do smell fruity or perfumy. I am a girl and I prefer to use this because it's cheaper, works better, and leaves my skin feeling soft and clean.

It is very effective. It always works great and leaves your skin feeling soft rather than sticky like some of the gels do. Also, it helps to make your skin feel smooth and not prickly.

Again, the scent isn't the best, but it's not the worst, either. It still smells good it just doesn't sme fruity or perfumy like some other brands. I don't mind, though. I would rather have that then a great smelling shaving cream that doesn't work well. Like I said, it still doesn't smell horrible so it still smells good and works very well and is way cheaper than the better smelling shaving creams. You're only using it to shave, the scent is washed away anyways so I don't think the scent matters so much in this case.

High Quality and Budget-friendly product

Comments about Barbasol Original Shaving Cream:

Barbasol makes great shaving cream. It says it's for men but women can use it too! It makes a nice, rich and thick lather that protects your skin. It leaves skin feeling soft and smooth.

It really soothes your skin and helps protect it from the razor blades as they remove all that hair! Leaves your skin feeling smooth and soft afterwards!

Has a mild scent that is pleasant.

The best non-gel shaving cream for value and quality.

Comments about Barbasol Original Shaving Cream:

Smooth, non-gel shaving cream. Average container size for a good price. The container itself is recyclable. It is recommended that this container be kept dry after each use to help avoid rust damage to the container and possible propellant escaping. I've lost a lot of good shaving cream in that way, before I discovered this little secret. I recommend the sensitive skin variety, as it is smoother and actually seems to leave your face a little more moisturized than the original.

Depending on how sharp your razor is and how long the hair being shaved is, it falls into the medium to well above average effectiveness. I've tried many different types of shave aids and I keep coming back to this old standby.

Not generally overpowering, has a light, clean fragrance. Scent stays with you for a trivial amount of time, then fades away. Or sooner if you wash your face after. A good aftershave is recommended to compensate.

Solid, Economical

Comments about Barbasol Original Shaving Cream:

I have used Barbasol Shaving Cream for years and for the essentially low price I haven't found anything better on the market.

I have never had any problems shaving with this foam product, it goes on smooth. It's consistency is thick but manageable and easily applied to the skin.

The scent is not unusual or unpleasant, in fact I hardly notice a scent at all.

Affordable, gets the job done.

Comments about Barbasol Original Shaving Cream:

I have nothing exceptional to say about this product. This shaving creme simply gets the job done. It's very cheap so honestly when we are low on cash we choose this brand. It works and we buy it a lot. My husband is the only man in the house who shaves, my two boys are 11 and 8. I imagine that when they begin shaving they will use this one as well, we have no complaints about it.

from Huntington, IN

Comments about Barbasol Original Shaving Cream:

An original product, affordable price, good performance, and the product can be unisex. My family only purchases this product and it is used by myself and my husband for shaving purposes. Our children use this product to "paint" in the shower. The product foams up great.

Works good to get the job done.

Barbasol is targeted toward the male consumer with manly scents or no scents at all. I would like to see a can targeted toward women with a floral smell.