Other Sunscreens:

Banana Boat Protective Tanning Oil SPF 15

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

it's fun under the sun!!

I live down in Miami and i like going to the beach, a lot!! or hanging out and relaxing by the pool...And with the kind of weather and sunlight we have here, i really needed a product that can both protect my skin and give me a good tan. I found the Banana Boat Protective Tanning spray... It really works well with my skin, it's wonderful! I have tried other products before but i wasn't really satisfied and felt i paid more for what i got. Sometimes my skin would get either red or unevenly dark and sometimes dry and itchy. But with Banana Boat sunscreen spray, all my worries are gone. It's so easy to apply and after that, I can just relax under the sun and rest assured that my skin is kept hydrated and protected from sunburn...And i always get a good result - a nice, even dark tan!! I never go anywhere near the beach or the pool without it. It's my beach buddy!!  Plus, it has coconut & banana scent that smells delicious on the skin!

Needs to be constantly reapplied or you will burn!

I have used this product a few times. The first time I used it the tan oil worked great! I loved it, I got a nice tan, and no burns. The next time I used it I got burned very badly. The first time I had applied it constantly, because I was so worried about if it would work, however it was messy and had worked so well I decided to try it the second time with less. The second time I still used a lot of the oil, just not as much as the first time, and I got so burned it hurt to move! Unless you are constantly reapplying this oil you will get burned. Which may not seem like a big deal to reapply for sun protection, but this oil is messy and greasy and it is not fun to have to constantly reapply it.

I like the tropical smell of the Banana Boat Tanning Oil. It is a lot better than a lot of other tanning oils and sun block that smell like mosquito repellent.

Absorption
It does not absorb into your skin at all. It just sits on top of your skin like a layer of grease.

Longevity
It does not last long at all. I had to constantly reapply this oil in order to not get burned.

If you like to tan and still have some layer of protection, this product does allow you to get a nice tan.

Ease of Application
I did not find the oil easy to apply. It was very messing. Also because this oil is so greasy it can appear that you have applied enough oil on one spot, when really you may have missed it.

Smells wonderful

from Texas

Comments about Banana Boat Protective Tanning Oil SPF 15:

I used this Banana Boat Protective Tanning Oil SPF 15 a lot in my younger days. I am very pale and was wanting a tan so I would use this oil when laying out in the sun by the pool. I still buy it in the Summer for nostalgic reasons-to enjoy the scent, but I am careful not to use it long because I don't want to harm my skin. I have used this oil with SPF lotion to avoid burning, but still get that wonderful scent and little color from the sun. This is for tanning and not protection from the sun, but it smells wonderful and always reminds me of Summer.

Absorption
If you use too much it can leave your skin feeling oily.

Longevity
Lasts a decent amount of time but not very long.

Very effective at helping your skin get a little sun and color. I don't use it for too long without also using sunscreen because I don't want to burn my skin or cause skin damage.

Ease of Application
Very easy to use, just spray on skin and rub in with your hands.

Really like this product

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Banana Boat Protective Tanning Oil SPF 15:

I have previously and in the past and numerous time purchased and used this Banana Boat Protective Tan Oil Pump SPF 15. I must say that I truly do love this tanning oil. I was really impressed when I tried this product. First and foremost I really like that they make this product in a pump. I have always preferred oil over lotion and I really like that Banana Boat decided to make this product in a less messy form. With the pump I do not waste as much as I normally would as oil tends to come out really fast. Second I like and am happy with this tanning oil because it has an SPF of 15 which is really good. Most oils I have used have little or no SPF so this product is top notch in my opinion on the sunblock. Third and one of the best things I love about this Banana Boat Protective Tan Oil Pump SPF 15 is the wonderful scent. I could wear this stuff all day. It has a very nice summery smell to it. I just love it. The price of this product is a little expensive but not anymore so than the other name brands. I think it is definitely worth the price I paid for it. I would certainly recommend that all of my friends and family try this product.

• Ease of Application:

Great for getting a tan.

Comments about Banana Boat Protective Tanning Oil SPF 15:

I use this oil on my legs throughout the summer months. It is one of my absolute favorites. I love that it has SPF in it but still gives you a great tan. The oil helps attract the sun and gives you a great look. However, the SPF 15 in it keeps you from getting burned. I would highly recommend trying this tanning oil out. It is much safer than others due to the sunscreen in it. I will continue to use this each summer.

The scent is great. It has a tropical scent to it. It is not as strong as other sunblocks and tanning oils when it comes to the scent.

Absorption
It does not absorb great. That is the only thing about this that I do not love. It leaves your skin feeling pretty greasy. It gets on your towel and lounge chair as well. I usually spray myself standing up and then try to give it about 10 minutes to absorb before I lay down.

Longevity
I think it lasts a good amount of time based on being an oil. I reapply about every two hours.

It is highly effective at giving me a tan.

Ease of Application
It is easy to apply. You spray it on and then I rub it in some so it is even.

Works great

Comments about Banana Boat Protective Tanning Oil SPF 15:

I Really love this tanning oil it has always worked great for me. It has such a wonderful scent which I absolutely love, of course with me anything coconut scented is my favorite. The smell always makes you think of summertime. I think it is easily to apply and gives me an even beautiful tan. I don't usually burn easy except on my face but I find I don't get burnt at all when using this.I generally reapply, especially on my face as it is my main burn spot about every thirty minutes or so when sun bathing. I find it is very affordable and one bottle lasts a very long time. I can not wait to pull my bottle out and lay in the sun again, summertime seriously needs to get here! It is spring now and still snowing, writing this review is driving me nuts, I want to go tan now that 'm talking about it. Definitely a great product for tanning, I have no complaints with this tanning oil, I love it.

A good tanning oil.

Comments about Banana Boat Protective Tanning Oil SPF 15:

I am not a huge fan of sunscreens because I like to get a tan during the summer. However, I realize it is important to protect yourself from UV rays, so this stuff is perfect for me! It is like most tanning oils a little bit greasy (it is an oil after all) however, it does absorb into the skin after awhile. I love to use this before I go lay out in the sun. It works well against preventing me from burning while I am getting nice even color. The smell and consistency are perfect for a tanning oil. This is the only thing I will use when I am laying out in the sun. If I am going to be out for a long time I will reapply at least once especially if I come in contact with any water or I am sweating a lot.

Absorption
Since it is an oil it does sit on the skin awhile, but it doesn't leave you looking gross and greasy. It is the perfect tanning oil.

Longevity
As long as I am not sweating or swimming this will last a few hours in the sun. If I am out more than 2 hours I reapply or if I am sweaty or in contact with water.

It works for me. It provides sun protection so I don't burn up in the sun, but also allows me to get the tan that I desire.

The Ultimate Tanning Oil

from Fairfield, VA

Comments about Banana Boat Protective Tanning Oil SPF 15:

This oil was great in my younger days of wanting a tan and laying out in the sun by the pool or waterside. I still buy it for nostalgic reasons-to enjoy the scent and feel of it on my skin, but I am careful not to count on it to protect me from damage for very long, because oil just seems to magnify sun-absorption. I have bought the higher SPF formula or used it in combination with SPF lotion to avoid burning. This is for tanning rather than serious protection, but it smells wonderful!

The classic coconut scent is a reason why I have worn this just for fun, when I'm not even out in the sun long-it is the epitome of summer and fun. Just smelling it brings back so many memories.

Absorption
It absorbs well, and leaves the scent on you for a long time. It needs to be reapplied every hour or so to prevent burning.

Longevity
It needs to be reapplied often, especially to continue the SPF protection.

Indulging in tanning is good with this oil, because it absorbs light faster than a cream does. Obviously you can therefore burn quickly, so it has to be reapplied a lot to prevent damage.

Ease of Application
The pump makes it easy to control the oil-so it doesn't dump on you and waste it. When the bottle is almost empty you can just pour the rest out.

Helped me tan quick

Comments about Banana Boat Protective Tanning Oil SPF 15:

I haven't used this product since I stopped tanning a few years ago but I still recommend it to any of my friend looking for a reasonably priced tanning oil that will give them good results.

I actually like the scent of this tanning oil. It has sort of a tropical feel to it but there's also something kid of earthy and bitter behind it that some might not like but I kind of enjoy.

Absorption
I'm not sure that this product is really meant to absorb deeply. Oil is always going to take a long time to soak in so if you put it on don't wear anything you're not okay with getting oiled up. It kind of sits on your skin but I think it's supposed to do that.

Longevity
This will literally last all day. Your skin will be super moisturized all day and it definitely speeds up the tanning process.

If you're a frequent tanner this is a great product. It has a little bit of protection with the SPF so you don't get scorched but still helps you get a nice, even tan.

Smells Great!

Comments about Banana Boat Protective Tanning Oil SPF 15:

I have very pale skin, and I typically try to gradually get tan by applying lotions as well as laying outside. Whenever I lay out, I use Banana Boat Protective Tan Oil Pump SPF 15. This oil smells great! The best way to describe the scent is that it reminds me of summer.

You spray a light mist of this on your body, and then you just rub it in to your skin. It doesn't take long to apply, and it does a great job of protecting your skin from getting burned while helping you get a nice tan color.

This is my favorite scent out of all of the tanning lotions I have ever tried. This smells exactly what summer should smell like.

Absorption
This doesn't absorb into your skin too well, but that is exactly what you should expect from a tanning oil.

This is effective at helping me get a nice tan while keeping me from getting a sunburn.

Ease of Application
This is very easy to apply. You just spray it on your skin and then rub it into your skin.

Banana Boat Tanning Oil

Comments about Banana Boat Protective Tanning Oil SPF 15:

I bought Banana Boat Tanning Oil with SPF 15 because I wanted to try to get a nice tan before our trip to Myrtle Beach. It is very important to make sure you protect your skin from the harmful UV rays from the sun. I liked the fact that this tanning oil can help you get a tan and protect your skin at the same time. I really didn't like that it made your skin supper oily and shiny after applying. Make sure you apply it evenly on your skin when applying, so you will get a even tan. You can tell this tanning oil works because you can feel the heat from the sun as soon as it hits you. I did get just a little tan from using this tanning oil. My skin tone is pretty fair skin and it is hard for me to actually tan. So I gave this tanning oil from Banana Boat a try and it did give a slight tan. The pump makes it easier to apply because it sprays it on. It didn't work too well for me but it might be different on you.

The scent smells okay. It doesn't smell fantastic but it don't smell awful either.

Absorption
The Banana Boat Tanning oil with SPF 15 seemed like it did okay with absorption.

Ease of Application
The pump on the Banana Boat tanning oil makes it a lot easier to apply. I like it better then the tanning lotion.

• Ease of Application:

Works well but can get dangerous

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Banana Boat Protective Tanning Oil SPF 15:

When I used to be into tanning my skin, this is the main product I used to use. Looking back I wouldn't recommend this because it can get quite dangerous if you overuse it, but it actually did work. This gave me a quick natural looking tan. I saw results after being outside in the sun for half and hour. I looked noticeably darker and had tan lines after one day. It has SPF 15 in it, so I never got a sunburn while using this. The longer I used it, the darker I got.

I love the smell of banana boat products, they make you feel like you're in the tropics. They kind of smell like banana laffy taffy, and it doesn't leave you with a weird after smell.

Absorption
I feel like you really have to rub it into your skin to get it to fully absorb. I feel like sometimes it just sits on top of my skin. It can get pretty greasy and messy really quick if you use too much.

Longevity
I feel like this doesn't last too long either, you have to keep applying this if you are going to be in the sun for awhile, otherwise your skin will burn. You definitely have to reapply this if you go in the water.

This product really worked, like I said I was noticeably tanner after one use After a whole summer I had a nice dark natural tan without looking orange.

Ease of Application
It's easy to apply, especially since it's an oil. It just glides all over your body with ease.